Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

RAAMKALEE, FOURTH MEHL:

O True Guru, please be kind, and unite me with the Lord. My Sovereign Lord is the Beloved of my breath of life. I am a slave; I fall at the Guru’s feet. He has shown me the Path, the Way to my Lord God. || 1 || The Name of my Lord, Har, Har, is pleasing to my mind. I have no friend except the Lord; the Lord is my father, my mother, my companion. || 1 || Pause || My breath of life will not survive for an instant, without my Beloved; unless I see Him, I will die, O my mother! Blessed, blessed is my great, high destiny, that I have come to the Guru’s Sanctuary. Meeting with the Guru, I have obtained the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 2 || I do not know or understand any other within my mind; I meditate and chant the Lord’s Chant. Those who lack the Naam, wander in shame; their noses are chopped off, bit by bit. || 3 || O Life of the World, rejuvenate me! O my Lord and Master, enshrine Your Name deep within my heart. O Nanak, perfect is the Guru, the Guru. Meeting the True Guru, I meditate on the Naam. || 4 || 5 ||

Friday , 12 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 882)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHANAASAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord is the Fulfiller of desires, the Giver of total peace; the Kaamadhaynaa, the wish-fulfilling cow, is in His power. So meditate on such a Lord, O my soul. Then, you shall obtain total peace, O my mind. || 1 || Chant, O my mind, the True Name, Sat Naam, the True Name. In this world, and in the world beyond, your face shall be radiant, by meditating continually on the immaculate Lord God.|| Pause || Wherever anyone remembers the Lord in meditation, disaster runs away from that place. By great good fortune, we meditate on the Lord. The Guru has blessed servant Nanak with this understanding, that by meditating on the Lord, we cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 2 || 6 || 12 ||

Saturday, 13 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 669)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Bathing in the nectar tank of Ram Das, the residues of all sins are erased. One becomes immaculately pure, taking this cleansing bath. The Perfect Guru has bestowed this gift. || 1 || God has blessed all with peace and pleasure. Everything is safe and sound, as we contemplate the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || Pause || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, filth is washed off. The Supreme Lord God has become our friend and helper. Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. He has found God, the Primal Being. || 2 || 1 || 65 ||

Sunday, 14 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 625)

DHANAASAREE, CHHANT, FOURTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

When the Dear Lord grants His Grace, one meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Meeting the True Guru, through loving faith and devotion, one intuitively sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Singing His Glorious Praises continually, night and day, one blossoms forth, when it is pleasing to the True Lord. Egotism, self-conceit and Maya are forsaken, and he is intuitively absorbed into the Naam. The Creator Himself acts; when He gives, then we receive. When the Dear Lord grants His Grace, we meditate on the Naam. || 1 || Deep within, I feel true love for the Perfect True Guru. I serve Him day and night; I never forget Him. I never forget Him; I remember Him night and day. When I chant the Naam, then I live. With my ears, I hear about Him, and my mind is satisfied. As Gurmukh, I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. If He bestows His Glance of Grace, then I shall meet the True Guru; my discriminating intellect would contemplate Him, night and day. Deep within, I feel true love for the Perfect True Guru. || 2 || By great good fortune, one joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation; then, one comes to savor the subtle essence of the Lord. Night and day, he remains lovingly focused on the Lord; he merges in celestial peace. Merging in celestial peace, he becomes pleasing to the Lord’s Mind; he remains forever unattached and untouched. He receives honor in this world and the next, lovingly focused on the Lord’s Name. He is liberated from both pleasure and pain; he is pleased by whatever God does. By great good fortune, one joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, and then, one comes to savor the subtle essence of the Lord. || 3 || In the love of duality, there is pain and suffering; the Messenger of Death eyes the self-willed manmukhs. They cry and howl, day and night, caught by the pain of Maya. Caught by the pain of Maya, provoked by his ego, he passes his life crying out, “Mine, mine!”. He does not remember God, the Giver, and in the end, he departs regretting and repenting. Without the Name, nothing shall go along with him; not his children, spouse or the enticements of Maya. In the love of duality, there is pain and suffering; the Messenger of Death eyes the self-willed manmukhs. || 4 || Granting His Grace, the Lord has merged me with Himself; I have found the Mansion of the Lord’s Presence. I remain standing with my palms pressed together; I have become pleasing to God’s Mind. When one is pleasing to God’s Mind, then he merges in the Hukam of the Lord’s Command; surrendering to His Hukam, he finds peace. Night and day, he chants the Lord’s Name, day and night; intuitively, naturally, he meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Through the Naam, the glorious greatness of the Naam is obtained; the Naam is pleasing to Nanak’s mind. Granting His Grace, the Lord has merged me with Himself; I have found the Mansion of the Lord’s Presence. || 5 || 1 ||

TUESDAY, 16 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 690)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

The cripple crosses over the mountain, the fool becomes a wise man, and the blind man sees the three worlds, by meeting with the True Guru and being purified. || 1 || This is the Glory of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; listen, O my friends. Filth is washed away, millions of sins are dispelled, and the consciousness becomes immaculate and pure. || 1 || Pause || Such is devotional worship of the Lord of the Universe, that the ant can overpower the elephant. Whoever the Lord makes His own, is blessed with the gift of fearlessness. || 2 || The lion becomes a cat, and the mountain looks like a blade of grass. Those who worked for half a shell, will be judged very wealthy. || 3 || What glorious greatness of Yours can I describe, O Lord of infinite excellences? Please bless me with Your Mercy, and grant me Your Name; O Nanak, I am lost without the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. || 4 || 7 || 37 ||

Wednesday, 17 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 809)

IK Onkar Sat Nam

One Universal Creator God. Truth is the name

Karta Purakh. Nirbhau. Nirvair

Creative being personified. No fear. No Hatred

Akaal Moorat. Ajoone Saibhang

Image of the Undying. Beyond Birth. Self Existent.

Gur Prasad

By Guru's Grace

RAAG SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL, CHAU-PADAS, FIRST HOUSE:

Wash the vessel, sit down and anoint it with fragrance; then, go out and get the milk. Add the rennet of clear consciousness to the milk of good deeds, and then, free of desire, let it curdle. || 1 || Chant the Name of the One Lord. All other actions are fruitless. || 1 || Pause || Let your mind be the handles, and then churn it, without sleeping. If you chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord ,with your tongue, then the curd will be churned. In this way, the Ambrosial Nectar is obtained. || 2 || Wash your mind in the pool of Truth, and let it be the vessel of the Lord; let this be your offering to please Him. That humble servant who dedicates and offers his life, and who serves in this way, remains absorbed in his Lord and Master. || 3 || The speakers speak and speak and speak, and then they depart. There is no other to compare to You. Servant Nanak, lacking devotion, humbly prays: may I sing the Praises of the True Lord. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday, 18 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)