Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Gazing upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan, I live. My karma is perfect, O my God. || 1 || Please, listen to this prayer, O my God. Please bless me with Your Name, and make me Your chaylaa, Your disciple. || 1 || Pause || Please keep me under Your Protection, O God, O Great Giver. By Guru’s Grace, a few people understand this. || 2 || Please hear my prayer, O God, my Friend. May Your Lotus Feet abide within my consciousness. || 3 || Nanak makes one prayer: may I never forget You, O perfect treasure of virtue. || 4 || 18 || 24 ||

Tuesday, 25 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 742)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Without the Lord, nothing is of any use. You are totally attached to that Enticer Maya; she is enticing you. || 1 || Pause || You shall have to leave behind your gold, your woman and your beautiful bed; you shall have to depart in an instant. You are entangled in the lures of sexual pleasures, and you are eating poisonous drugs. || 1 || You have built and adorned a palace of straw, and under it, you light a fire. Sitting all puffed-up in such a castle, you stubborn-minded fool, what do you think you will gain? || 2 || The five thieves stand over your head and seize you. Grabbing you by your hair, they will drive you on. You do not see them, you blind and ignorant fool; intoxicated with ego, you just keep sleeping. || 3 || The net has been spread out, and the bait has been scattered; like a bird, you are being trapped. Says Nanak, my bonds have been broken; I meditate on the True Guru, the Primal Being. || 4 || 2 || 88 ||

Wednesday, 26 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 821)

GOND, FIFTH MEHL:

Suffering and troubles are eradicated by the Lord’s Name. Pain is dispelled, and peace takes its place. Meditating, chanting the Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, I am satisfied. By the Grace of the Saints, I have received all fruitful rewards. || 1 || Meditating on the Lord, His humble servant is carried across, and the sins of countless incarnations are taken away. || 1 || Pause || I have enshrined the Guru’s feet within my heart, and crossed over the ocean of fire. All the painful diseases of birth and death have been eradicated. I am attached to God in celestial Samaadhi. || 2 || In all places and interspaces, the One, our Lord and Master is contained. He is the Inner-knower of all hearts. One whom the Lord blesses with understanding, chants the Name of God, twenty-four hours a day. || 3 || Deep within, God Himself abides; within his heart, the Divine Light shines forth. With loving devotion, sing the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises. Meditate on the Supreme Lord God, O Nanak, and you shall be saved. || 4 || 10 || 12 ||

Thursday , 27 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 865)

RAAMKALEE, FOURTH MEHL:

If I am blessed with supreme high destiny, I will meet the humble servants of the Lord, without delay. The Lord’s humble servants are pools of ambrosial nectar; by great good fortune, one bathes in them. || 1 || O Lord, let me work for the humble servants of the Lord. I carry water, wave the fan and grind the corn for them; I massage and wash their feet. I apply the dust of their feet to my forehead. || 1 || Pause || The Lord’s humble servants are great, very great, the greatest and most exalted; they lead us to meet the True Guru. No one else is as great as the True Guru; meeting the True Guru, I meditate on the Lord, the Primal Being. || 2 || Those who seek the Sanctuary of the True Guru find the Lord. My Lord and Master saves their honor. Some come for their own purposes, and sit before the Guru; they pretend to be in Samaadhi, like storks with their eyes closed. || 3 || Associating with the wretched and the lowly, like the stork and the crow, is like feeding on a carcass of poison. Nanak: O God, unite me with the Sangat, the Congregation. United with the Sangat, I will become a swan. || 4 || 4 ||

Friday, 28 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 881)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer; just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him. This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world. O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord. The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service. Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love. The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings. So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. || 14 ||

Monday, 1 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 647)

RAAG SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Attachment to sex is an ocean of fire and pain. By Your Grace, O Sublime Lord, please save me from it. || 1 || I seek the Sanctuary of the Lotus Feet of the Lord. He is the Master of the meek, the Support of His devotees. || 1 || Pause || Master of the masterless, Patron of the forlorn, Eradicator of fear of His devotees. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, the Messenger of Death cannot even touch them. || 2 || The Merciful, Incomparably Beautiful, Embodiment of Life. Vibrating the Glorious Virtues of the Lord, the noose of the Messenger of Death is cut away. || 3 || One who constantly chants the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam with his tongue, is not touched or affected by Maya, the embodiment of disease. || 4 || Chant and meditate on God, the Lord of the Universe, and all of your companions shall be carried across; the five thieves will not even approach. || 5 || One who meditates on the One God in thought, word and deed — that humble being receives the fruits of all rewards. || 6 || Showering His Mercy, God has made me His own; He has blessed me with the unique and singular Naam, and the sublime essence of devotion. || 7 || In the beginning, in the middle, and in the end, He is God. O Nanak, without Him, there is no other at all. || 8 || 1 || 2 ||

Wednesday, 3 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 760)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He does not let His devotees see the difficult times; this is His innate nature. Giving His hand, He protects His devotee; with each and every breath, He cherishes him. || 1 || My consciousness remains attached to God. In the beginning, and in the end, God is always my helper and companion; blessed is my friend. || Pause || My mind is delighted, gazing upon the marvellous, glorious greatness of the Lord and Master. Remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, Nanak is in ecstasy; God, in His perfection, has protected and preserved his honor. || 2 || 15 || 46 ||

Friday , 5 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 682)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

The cripple crosses over the mountain, the fool becomes a wise man, and the blind man sees the three worlds, by meeting with the True Guru and being purified. || 1 || This is the Glory of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; listen, O my friends. Filth is washed away, millions of sins are dispelled, and the consciousness becomes immaculate and pure. || 1 || Pause || Such is devotional worship of the Lord of the Universe, that the ant can overpower the elephant. Whoever the Lord makes His own, is blessed with the gift of fearlessness. || 2 || The lion becomes a cat, and the mountain looks like a blade of grass. Those who worked for half a shell, will be judged very wealthy. || 3 || What glorious greatness of Yours can I describe, O Lord of infinite excellences? Please bless me with Your Mercy, and grant me Your Name; O Nanak, I am lost without the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. || 4 || 7 || 37 ||

Monday , 8 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 809)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Transcendent Lord has given me His support. The house of pain and disease has been demolished. The men and women celebrate. The Lord God, Har, Har, has extended His Mercy. || 1 || O Saints, there is peace everywhere. The Supreme Lord God, the Perfect Transcendent Lord, is pervading everywhere. || Pause || The Bani of His Word emanated from the Primal Lord. It eradicates all anxiety. The Lord is merciful, kind and compassionate. Nanak chants the Naam, the Name of the True Lord. || 2 || 13 || 77 ||

Thursday , 11 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 627)