Was Bhindranwale A Terrorist Or A Hero?

Ginny

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys. thanks so much for the help, this will definatley aid my coursework. i was wondering if anyone knows what internet sites mite have newspaper articles from the time of 1984 in India? also, i got that LIFE,MISSION AND MARTYDOM essay thing, it is really helpful thanks!!! i was just hoping if any of you mite know who Kushwant Singh or Tully and Jacob are , they are quoted in the essay, my teacher siad i should find out. thanks guys ur great xxxx

believe me i too am one of the biggest advocates of Sant ji, many ppl on the board can testify to that, howver when i defend him to moderate sikhs they have one final argument that is a tuffy for me to answer

in the Ranks of Shaheeds were boys 13-14 yrs old who carried machine guns and faught was this ok?? i use the example of the shaibzadeh but then they say the 2 yhoungest ones did not fight but were sent away for protection...and thats where i get stuck.....

any help?

believe me i too am one of the biggest advocates of Sant ji, many ppl on the board can testify to that, howver when i defend him to moderate sikhs they have one final argument that is a tuffy for me to answer

in the Ranks of Shaheeds were boys 13-14 yrs old who carried machine guns and faught was this ok?? i use the example of the shaibzadeh but then they say the 2 yhoungest ones did not fight but were sent away for protection...and thats where i get stuck.....

any help?

88233[/snapback]

WJKK WJKF

If your fighting against tyranny does it really matter how old you are? If it did how come the khalsa army didnt only have young fit men (20-40). And you say that the shaheeds were 13-14 years old.....Amar Shaheed Baba Jujhar Singh Ji was 14 when he attained shaheed <_< .....he was not sent away for protection but instead came to beg to guru ji to let him go out fighting.

Also in addition to this when satguru sri guru tegh bahadhur sahib ji was born he was named 'Tyag Mal', meaning the Epitome of Relinquishment. However when he was about 12 years old he proved to be a great gladiator in a battle against Painda Khan at Kartarpur and when Satguru Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji saw this he called 'Tyag Mal' and said to him from this day you will be know as Tegh Bahadhur :wub:

WJKK WJKF

"Three monkeys of the indian government "

so did they work for the indian government at the time then? did they support Bhindranwale or deem him a terrorist? so were they actual governemnt officals opinions then? thanks.

oh yeh, and does anyone know abt websites for indian newspaper archives? thnkas so much x

Sat Sri Akal:

Guru Gobind Singh Ji sent his older Sahibzadae on combat missions with them as Generals of the army. At that time, I believe that Sahibzada Ajit Singh Ji was 13 years of age.

The two younger Sahibzadae were not sent away for protection...they were separated from the main Sikh Fauj during the escape from Anandpur Sahib.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru j kefateh

Pyare jio, I would also add another dimention to your work. "Bindrawale- terrorist or Protector".

If I was doing the paper i would add a section discussing terrorism. A terrorist is a person who directly terrorises people, inflicts harm or the threat of harm. Then look at the facts of punjab.

Mass movement by sikhs between 1947 - 1978 - always remained peaceful.

Violence entered the movement by Nirankaris, not sikhs by killing Bhai fauja Singh and 12 other gursikhs in 1978.

Bindrawale comes to the fore and vioce of the Sikhs.

Sikhs killed in Khapur, Delhi during protests.

Lawlessness enters punjab.

1984 and Bindrawale is shaheed.

Thousands killed in Operation Blue star, Operation Woodrose.

Delhi riots killing 10-15,000 sikhs across India.

20 years of genocide in Punjab.

With so much terror and murder, how much can be directly linked to Baba ji. Very little.

The reality is the one who terrorised and murdered were the goevrnment machinery. It was they who were resposnible for 1978, 1984, Operation Woodrose, Delhi Riots, and genocide in Punjab.

The only people who made Baba ji a terrorist were the government bias press. The facts are clear, who did the killing, rape, and genocide...

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

P.S. Some the info above in inaccuarte. Shaheed Sukhdev Singh babbar and Bibi Amarjit kaur did not oppose Baba Ji. These were divisive rumours sent out by government agents to divide sikhs. These points have been addressed in previous posts. To see them search their names. The real stories have come out form directly interviewing people, not just coping others history books.

• The topic was locked