Marijuana

Ryu Hayabusa

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest learner singh

Bhai Vir Singh quotes from this text:

Subegh Singh, is acting as a Moghal agent and has gone to meet the Khalsa Singhs:

'Where the Khalsa had made its base, battle drums played and battle standards fluttered in the air.

He [subegh Singh] arrived where the Singhs were.

Ahead the Khalsa was gathering.

Scriptures were being read and musical instruments played.

Cannabis was being ground and meat roasted.

Some Singhs massaged the horses, while others cleaned their weapons.

Some fired their arrows, some their muskets and others were spinning chakars [quoits].

Some Singhs massaged other Singhs while some fanned the congregation.

Others fetched water from far which helped the Singhs to bathe.

Some were sharing [food] others not [i.e. eating alone].

Running around, the Singhs did service.'

('Pracheen Panth Prakash', by Shaheed Rattan Singh Bhangu, Expurgated by Bhai Vir Singh, , Pa.212)

Sat Sri Akal:

Rattan Singh BHANGU? Perhaps you would care to translate that last name? I wonder what his views would be?

And while we are on the topic...what is so great about Marijuana? What use would a Nihung have for it? Marijuana dulls the senses and slows down reaction time. A Nihung engaged in battle...what is he/she to do...stare at the pretty colors or fight the opponent? Had every Nihung been toking the dooby, Sikhs would never have been able to win a single battle (unless the opponent was dropping some acid...now that would be a real match to see!).

There is positively NO rationale for Marijuana having any place in Sikhism. No reason exists for it, no explanation is given for it.

Guest learner singh

Ms514 ji,

You can keep your views against it but my post is not to encourage marijuana usage in any sense. I posted as its our historical record. Now you can deny to accept it and you might have more knowledge than Bhai Vir Singh ji but unfortunately I don't hold wisdom to go against Bhai Vir Singh.

Guest learner singh
So in another sense... learner singh jee u r stating that sikhi does not bars anyone using of DRUGS ??

R u saying Yes or No to drug? thanks..

Most of you are so into calling everything "drugs" without even understanding the concept of drugs....

I just stated simple point...

Cannabis was being ground and meat roasted.

This is recorded historical event and thats about it....

im getting so so confused... can anyone pls shed some light here ... tongue.gif :

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

NO SIS NO pls diont be confused on these topic,these topic till now scholars of the panth have not sorted out :T: who are we,so pls just go upon the rehat what ur panj pyare jee have said ,all say no to drugs.so there is no meaning of confuse :umm: cheer up wubb.gif