Best Way To Memorize Nitneem Banis

Guest Akaal108

Guest Akaal108

Enlighten this morakh... I really lack brain to memorize even japji sahib..also make loads of mistake when i try to recite it by heart..soo much confusion :umm: .... so what's best way to memorize gurbani??

pray.gif

for sampooran choepi sahib, the way that helped me best was do an entire chaupei sahib paath (as to not avoid beadbi)

and then after that.. just concentrate on individual salkos... so like, for example.. for chopei saahib, my first step was memorizing frmo:

"kirpa kari.." till "mast subh mast. afjoon"

then, memorized the dohra after that..

then memorized the kab-baach dohras' AFTER "mai na ganeysain..." so then, i had enough practise with both "beginning" and "end" that once i learnt t he "Mai n ganesain" section, i already knew the beginning and end well enough as to not get stumped by the chopei...

if tha tmade sense haha.. point being, it takes time... chopei took me 2 weeks alone.... god knows how loong jaap wlil take..

do one pauri at a time..

do the first pauri till u memorize it .. do the next one and then do first 2 together.. do next one .. and do all 3 together .. and so on ..

it works.. but i believe best way is getting a gutka ... so u know for sure u wont be making a mistake :umm: ... unless u go reli reli fast .. like this fool :cool:

Sat Sri Akal:

Best way is to do Paath regularly. Usually, if you do Paath with enough concentration, you will end up memorizing the Nitnem Banian. Yes, it will take some time (maybe months), but do not become impatient. Go pauri by pauri, tuk by tuk if you have to.

:umm:

Seriously, that is it. Of course, doing Ardaas for help... pray.gif

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH

what helped me was to listen to a recording over and over again...even just have it playing in the background while you are doing something...and then start trying to follow along with it...

also...if you use the same Gutka Sahib everyday, try to 'take a mental picture' of the page...like see it in your head...like picture where the pauri starts on the page, and then where the next one begins (i've probably confused you)...sorry...

also memorize certain similar pauris, and which order they go in (ex--Asunk Jup, Asunk Pao is first...then Asank Moorakh Und Koar is next...and then Asank Nav Asunk Tav is last)..basically memorize the order...

and course....the best way to memorize gurbani...DO ARDAS AND ASK GURU JI TO DO IT FOR YOU!!!

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH

This is something that has helped me. First you need to have a rough idea of some transalations though. One day each week, try reading a different bani without the gutka, but to prevent you from getting lost, on a piece of paper write down the transalations of the first line of each pauri of bani. However, I suppose this only helps if you are very familiar with the bani anyway, and only get mixed up or stuck when reciting rather than simply not knowing what comes next.

Hope my post made sense.

• 3 weeks later...