tatoos and sikhi

V

Singho..

This is kinda related but i remember seeing a gurbani quote (either from dasam bani or even Sri guru granth sahib ji .. or was it bhai gurdas ji di bani ... :cool: ) anyway the line had a direct quote that wearing 'mendhi' (henna) was wrong.. can someone give me that line please.. .thanks :umm:

http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_basicsfivek.htm

< sRI vwihgurU jI kI Pqih ]sRi muKvwk pwiqswhI 1oooooo0 ]

inswin isKI eIN pMj hriP Asq kwP ]

hrigj nw bwsd eIN pMj muAwP ] 1]

kVw kwrdo k`C kMGy ibdW ]

iblw kys hyc Asq jumly insW ] 2]

hrP hkwieq Asq AjI pMj kwP]

ibdw nMd bwvr n goXm iKlwP ] 3]

hu`kw hjwmq hlwlo hrwm ]

bwrIsy ihnw krd rU isXw Pwm ] 4] 1]

(AsPokt sÍYXy,

sRI dsm gRMQ)

The following five K's are the mark of Sikhi.These five can never be parted from the body. Kara, Kirpan, Kashera, Kangha, recognise these as four of them.The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless. There are also four H's which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco (including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat, removing of hair. Halalo, eating meat. Haram, adultery (sexual relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H's. Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden. (Sri Dasam Granth)

I ahve to agree with SOGGSJ -

the Panj kakkar are doinga good job grin.gif

If piercing is wrong, then in my humble opinion so is tattoo

I think I read somewhere (THINK IT WAS GURBANI)

that the body is like a TEMPLE .....

Could you imagen Baba Deep SIngh ji with a tatoo no.gif:@

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

One thing is important, no one is saying that getting gurbani tattoed on your body is good. But lets put this in to perspective we are one about the khanda. The khanda is not gurbani and never has been, It is a symbol or icon of our faith and turning this thread in to a worship the khanda thread is no different to idol worship.

People need to ensure that what is inside is clean and and focussed, this is what will get your soul closer to god. The body is just the vessel that carries the soul.

• 7 years later...