tatoos and sikhi

V

what i ask peep who have a tatoo of ik-oankar on there hands is ...."is it respectful to have bani on the same hand ur wipin ur bottom with after takin a number 2"

bhuul chuuk maaf

why.. do you find God's natural method for you to excrete waste dirty?? maybe you should ask that question first...

look slike someone is on top of things today :umm: ..

on the same note, your Mind is more dirty than your body, Should we all remove our mind of the filth before we recite/remember bani. You can Wash the dirt off of your body with soap, but what that of the mind. It has LIFETIMES of Filth.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guroo jee has said that no kind of make -up or jewellery should be worn. Why adorn your body which just a shell with make up? Because effectively thats what a tattoo is. As for showing other people that you are a sikh, well wearing guroo jee's roop does that...

I just fail to see why it is necessary to get a tattoo with a khanda / Gurbani. Like I said beofre, its very saddening as the khanda is becoming more of a fashion icon and to write Gurbani on yourself, well thats beadbi. We should be aiming to be absorbed in Naam and Gurbani all the time, not writing it on ourselves.

Gupat Singhi Jee and Son Of Guroo Gobind Singh Jee - well said. :TH:

bull chuk maaf jee

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I just fail to see why it is necessary to get a tattoo with a khanda / Gurbani.

Bhanji, let's not exaggerate here, let's be fair and honest to where the dsicussion is going

no one's saying it's NECESSARY

no one's saying it should be implemented in our rehit maryada

no one's saying we should change gurbaani to say that tatoos are allowed

no one's saying we should all be doing ardaas to Guruji to bless us with a tatoo

no one is saying that without a tatoo, we're going to be damned by jamdoots

no one's saying that without a tatoo, you won't reach sachkhand..

The topic is asknig for opinions.... and nowhere does the topic mention tatoos being "necessary" to be a sikh.....

not that i'm for tatoos, but i just thought i hsould point out the exaggeration

I think ksinghni used the word necessary to ask why DO YOU want to get tatoos of Gurbani in the the first place when you have other options? If you want to go against the wishes of Guru Sahib, go ahead that's ur own personal choice, but why is that you want to abuse Guru Sahib by using his own Bani as a tatoo?

Isn't it just like saying: "Guru Sahib has asked us to not drink alcohol, but I'll show him by drinking right inside the Gurdwara Sahib"?

I think you guys are overlooking the comment made before about bani and going number 2. This is indeed beadbi of bani, would you take a gutka sahib into the washroom and do paath while going number 2? THen what is the difference with bani on your skin? And if going jungle paani is totally clean, why do we have to do a kesi ishnaan before doing guru jis seva if we have gone jungle paani, or before going in front of the panj pyarey during an amrit sanchaar? And what makes you think that poking yourself with a needle and permanently injecting yourself with ink is ok? If sikhs are not even allowed to pierce their ears, how can we peirce the skin? Just because it is bani, how does that make it right? if I got a necklace with bani on it, it would still be a false shingaar, and the bani on it would not automatically make it right. so if I was to write bani with lipstick on my forehead, that would be ok, but putting it on my lips is not just becuase it is bani? Guru ji walked barefeet so many miles through think and thin out of repect for bani, and today we are willing to do this to it? This is truly kaljug

i think it would help this debate..to ask who here considers getting a tattoo as wearing makeup....

i don't consider it as make up so therefore no hukam of guru ji being broken..

now i'm SURE a lot of you will disagree ....that's okay....convince me otherwise.........convince me that a tatoo is the same thing as make up......