BAHNGRA

Guest SikhForLife

vero.. i dance on the occasion.. but recently.. all my passion for bhangra music.. or dancing is gone..

i dont need that to have fun.. every thing i do is fun now.. its magic

no joke

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Mkhalsa Veerji wubb.gif

Bhangra, music, dancing, etc is not Sikhi, you should live, breath, and remember sikhi every moment of your life. If you think bhangra/music is fun then you don't have the naam ras in you, gursikhs like Mkhalsa have that naam ras which leads them to kirtan/gurbani.

Develop the love for Guru sahib and you will fall in love! ^_^

Japmans got it rite..

Yeah if one feel all exicted.. he/she would like to do something in josh.. like dancing and stuff.. and some will do keertan :D ) so it depends on what sangat you are in and what's your social surroundings are like..

GKD.. R u asking like.. "Is doing bhangra good in sikhi?"

Well.. i will say we should not go into that stuff (paying $50 to get into some bhangra concert etc is stupid in my view..)

Yes, as of gurbani quotes it's clear that bhangra is manmat, but is it rite or wrong to do bhangra as some of do wonder?

in my personal view, i think it can be both wrong and right.. Wrong : 5 evils, take away UR concentration from sikhi, bad lyrics (Sex, women, $$ etc..) and many who do it wants to impress opposite sex "Wanna be popular trend" .. Right : On family type gathering situation.. stuff like u do once in a year or something.. then i guess it's alrite..

bhangra is just a simple workout stuff, just like jogging to me.. But getting addict to it is mad and nowdays you probably see more bhangra stuff going in our young generation rather than doing rab da naam.. (those univ. competition, east coast/west coast comp..)

Bhull chakk ke maaf..

veer ji son of guru gobind singh ji,

if we started thinking like that, then whats the difference between us and taliban, what i'm trying to say, and i'm shaking in my pants when i say this icause i know its gonna bring alott of heat, and i understand ur point to, and my points most possibly farse but ne ways it goes as is...

that if everyhthing that is non-sikhi related is maan-maath then where does "fanatasism" at?

and more over this religion is very moderate not as in tables and chairs or as in a non-amrithdari is a sikh but as in non-sikhi realted activities, and not only bhangra..

but that quote u said can be takin antoher way

if u want go ahead do bhangra, do as u want, but dont' take it to heavily

bhai sahib, the panktee is from Gurbaani. Written by Guru Nanak Sahib in Raag Aaasa.

Guest SikhForLife

dont even compare taliban with sikhi.. thats just a digusting view

. they killed their women.. and kept em like they were some sort of a slave..

they had no understanding of justice.. love.. humanity.. the list goes on..

our Guru's are just warning us.. to stay away from things that will take u away from God.. and love humanity... thats it.. simple as that..

dont even compare taliban with sikhi.. thats just a digusting view

I agree,people are using this a lot now days to justify things that if we Stop doing certain thing then we wud be like Taliban.

I never been to a bhangra Gig, but i do a bit of Bhangra on family parties and friend's parties. But i do most of my bhangra in my room tongue.gif got a lot of songs.

So is bhangra still wrong if done at Family parties?

read again i did'tn compare sikhi 2wards taliban or the toher way round, but the ppl, sorry if i offended ne one......

i can c whats wrong with the clubs n' schlubs, i've c'n em for my self, i stopped goin after a ramgpage over 3months..its turned out for the better...

but i'm juss saying basic bhangra, i'm not saying is bhangra part of sikhi or nething cause sure as hell it aint lol

i'm juss sayin is it ok to be an amritdhari and be on a team or sommin

cause i knwo i personally LOVE it when i c sardars with open dhariya on tv performing as background dancers for some singer (not a gay view)

I think GKD is saying that is it okay to follow our punjabi culture lil bit as we long follow the rehit of sikh too..

yes, but keep a limit on it.. don't know if it's wrong to be in a team or not.. But i personally won't find a problem, cauz im not in particular spiritual chardi kala stage yet.. so it depends on each person, time, place and a logic reason behind it.. (like bhangra stuff for farmers during vaisakh month) grin.gif