Wearing Kirpan in public..

S1ngh

kirpan has powers beyond this realm. It is the power of akal purakh himself. Akal purakh is in the shastar held by a rehatdhari gursikh.

kirpan will scare away any oppressors or tyrants and is used for the protection of the weak. this is one of its main uses as a symbol.

more practical uses.. kirpan can be used to kill a bhoot or pret or scare it away.. it can be used when someone attacks you with a knife or switchblade.. kirpan is used for bhog, if you are rehatdhari and have a good sized sarbloh kirpan handy, you can do this seva...

there are many other uses which i cannot remember or do not want to get into..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i didnt know it was actually used. i have seen the bhog thing though. i thought it wasn't sharp enough though. i would rather use pepper spray or some non fatal gun for safety instead of a kirpan because i cant imagine using a kirpan. not that i think i need to keep something like that because i trust that God will keep me safe. and the bhoots??? that's very interesting. do bhoots try to do things to people that dont deserve payback?

Let me give one example.. i was away from home for one day.. In the morning, i figured out that i forgot my toiletry stuff (like comb, brush etc..) Main thing was to comb my hair before wearing turban.. so i was like.. arghhh.. but then suddenly i remember i have kanga on me grin.gif so it saved my day.. see small things like this matters and most of the time we don't notice these stuff.. Our guru jeee took care of every small thing..

As regarding of kirpan.. It's there for your defense.. And you know it's always on you :D

One can't carry pepper spray or other gadget along with you forever.. you know what i mean jeee.. So kirpan is with you to protect yourself and others..

My Panj piyarey didn't told about specific kirpan size.. but they approved the one i choose to wear..

Approx. 13 inches with handle.. blade is around 9 inches :D

it doesn't feel that heavy and stuff.. though it's pure iron :nihungsmile:

wow that's great vicky!!! big kirpans are good cause they show more pride in sikhism just like the nice big turbans nihungs have :nihungsmile:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

well ive got an experience.. was coming back to my uni from gurd one night on a local bus. I was the only girl in the bus as my uni is the last stop. They were 2 guys in the bus (of course excluding the driver). And they started disturbing me. Luckily I had my 9" sarbloh kirpan with me that i just took out and showed to them. They got down at the next stop :D if i was wearing a 3/4/5" kirpan I dont think they would have got scared.

I totally agree with few of the posts here that if you know how to wear your kirpan properly people wont even know that you are wearing one. I have been travelling on flights with my kirpan without bein detected (im not speaking abt domestic flights im talking about international flights) M not trying to blow my own trumpet (but hey if i can do it i bet you all can surely do it too) :D Dont remove your kirpan or opt to wear a smaller one (you never know when you will need it )

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• 1 month later...