Wearing Kirpan in public..

S1ngh

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can wear a 12 inch kirpan under your shirt pretty well without anyone even knowing its there, dont worry about the laws, just wear it gupt.

I totally agree with this, this is exactly what i was gonna say..

also, I wear illegal shastars all the time wherever i go, even in stores, nobody says anything, of course im smart about it, i dont parade them around..

You can wear you kirpan anywhere, just dont make a big deal of it or show it off...

I beleive your panj told you at least 9" so you should stick to that :nihungsmile:

my punj didnt specify any size.... so i just wear a 5 inch one around....and wats the point of wearin a big shri sahib if you dont know how to use it..most singhs/singhnis that wear it dont even know how to use it...it defeats the sole purpose of a kirpan, it then becomes more of a symbol rather than a weapon....weather its 3 inchs or 12 inches...if u know how to use it, u can do damage regardless of the size..

bhull chuk maf

-daas

Hum paapi.. lets say you are a singhnee and you have a 9" kirpan, you know it comes out, and its pretty clean, but have never used it, and have never taken any gatka courses (but have seen people do gatka).

Lets say you are walking home one night around 9pm in the big city, its dark. Some guy in a mask comes up behind you intending to do something bad to you. You pull out your 9" sri sahib, guru sahibs light.

The attacker sees you with a big thing looking like a butcher knife, hes going to get scared, if not, stab at him with it.. 90% of attackers are oppurtunists, just seeing a shastar will scare them away and they will know thats not an oppurtinity.

if you were to pull out a small 4" or 5" kirpan they might think its a swiss army knife and will probably laugh, or try to take it. size does matter, especially if you dont know how to use it.

kirpan is quite an interesting thing. most people that do wear it keep it under their clothes. i find that kind of pointless because the whole point of it is for a nishani that u are sikh. knowing u have it on doesnt tell u much because u already know how much of a sikh u are inside. i say u should either wear it outside or not wear it at all. also that necklace with the kirpan on it is pretty stupid too