Sankat Mochan Shabads

Sankat = Issue/dillema/problem

Mochan = (to my knowledge) help/solution/answer

Sankat Mochan Shabads are particular shabads selected for helping with particular problems or issues.

I.e. If you have family problems, the Sankat Mochan Shabad book would suggest a shabad which relates to that issue and can be useful to you.

Or if you are scared of death, the Sankat Mochan Shabad book would suggest a shabad which could help you overcome the fear.

However, what is wrong or manmat is to get into the NUMBER GAME.

I.e. "RECITE THIS SHABAD 100x" or "RECITE THIS SHABAD FOR 40 DAYS" and all pains will go.

No! This is the JANTAR MANTAR game, which the Pandits played. Sikhi is beyond this.

AMg 1429

ang 1429

Page 1429

muMdwvxI mhlw 5 ]

mundhaavunee mehulaa 5

Mundaavanee, Fifth Mehl:

Qwl ivic iqMin vsqU peIE squ sMqoKu vIcwro ]

pan>

thaal vich thinn vusuthoo peeou suth sunthokh veechaaro

Upon this Plate, three things have been placed: Truth, Contentment and Contemplation.

AMimRq nwmu Twkur kw pieE ijs kw sBsu ADwro ]

anmrith naam thaakur kaa paeiou jis kaa subhus adhaaro

The Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of our Lord and Master, has been placed upon it as well; it is the Support of all.

jy ko KwvY jy ko BuMcY iqs kw hoie auDwro ]

jae ko khaavai jae ko bhunchai this kaa hoe oudhaaro

One who eats it and enjoys it shall be saved.

eyh vsqu qjI nh jweI inq inq rKu auir Dwro ]

eaeh vusuth thujee neh jaaee nith nith rukh our dhaaro

This thing can never be forsaken; keep this always and forever in your mind.

qm sMswru crn lig qrIAY sBu nwnk bRhm pswro ]1]

thum sunsaar churun lag thureeai subh naanuk brehum pusaaro

The dark world-ocean is crossed over, by grasping the Feet of the Lord; O Nanak, it is all the extension of God. ||1||

bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry ]

baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee anmrith saarae

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

guru bwxI khY syvku jnu mwnY prqiK gurU insqwry ]5]

gur baanee kehai saevuk jun maanai puruthakh guroo nisuthaarae

If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him.||5||

I beg to differ on the number game as you put it:

If that was the case why are we told to do 7 banees. Guru could have said just read banee it is not about the number?

Why are we told to give 10 % daswand? Why are we told to do bhog after death by the 10th day.

The number is just there to hold the mind to a milestone so that it does not waiver. Believe me sitting there for 40 days and doing that shabad Paat is not easy.It takes alote of pyhsical and mental strength. Very few people who don't ahve a number/time etc they have to do can sit and do it.

You have to go from Number to numberless. Finite to infinite

Hell trying doing it for 5 days and you will see a difference in your avastha.

I also bought this book from India I tried to do the 40 days but could not keep it.

Try doinf the shabads they will help your problem.

I beg to differ on the number game as you put it:

If that was the case why are we told to do 7 banees. Guru could have said just read banee it is not about the number?

Seven is not a special number.

To begin with According to Akal Takht Rehit Maryada it's 5 , but it doens't really matter, I don't think Guru SAhib woudl hesitate to say 8 banis or 6 banis, if what he wants to tell us gets completed in 7 or 5 bani's then fair enough, I don't think Guru Sahib specifically CHOOSE the number 7 lol

Why are we told to give 10 % daswand? Why are we told to do bhog after death by the 10th day.
10% = because it's a roudna nde asy number - you can't go and say - mino ni pata 11.97854998465 % kine bande ne!

And it's a reasonable amount.

and it's called DASVANT grin.gif

AS for doing Bhod after death by the 10th day - where did you get this from, whcih "sant" Mahapursh told you this grin.gif -->grin.gif

Never read this before...

The number is just there to hold the mind to a milestone so that it does not waiver. Believe me  sitting there for 40 days and doing that shabad Paat is not easy.It takes alote of pyhsical and mental strength. Very few people who don't ahve a number/time etc they have to do can sit and do it.

Do it everyday, cause if you say mai 40 din karna - then everyday comign closer you say

oh Gosh 2 days left

next day 22days left and this way you're stuck in the days and amounts!

You have to go from Number to numberless. Finite to infinite

Hell trying doing it for 5 days and you will see a difference in your avastha.

WHY 5 days? Won't there be any difference after 4 in your avastha? or after 6 days?
I also bought this book from India I tried to do the 40 days but could not keep it.

why 40 days, and not 21 , or 52 , or 106 or 108 , or 65 WHY FOURTY? is this some kidna of 'vaim' grin.gif