Something definately worth reading!!!

Akaali

When I read this I was like :D because I would've those to save the few kids, but its reeeeally somthing to think about!!!! wubb.gifwubb.gif

Something worth reading....

The story given below is quite interesting and really gives us an insight into DECISION MAKING. Which one will you choose?

A group of children were playing near two railway tracks, one still in use while the other disused. Only one child played on the disused track, the rest on the operational track. The train came, and you were just beside the track interchange. You could make the train change its course to the disused track and saved most of the kids.

However, that would also mean the lone child playing by the disused track would be sacrificed. Or would you rather let the train go its way?

Let's take a pause to think what kind of decision we could make.

Most people might choose to divert the course of the train, and sacrifice only one child. You might think the same way, I guess.

Exactly, I thought the same way initially because to save most of the children at the expense of only one child was rational decision most people would make, morally and emotionally.

But, have you ever thought that the child choo

sing to play on the disused track had in fact made the right decision to play at a safe place?

Nevertheless, he had to be sacrificed because of his ignorant friends who chose to play where the danger was.

This kind of dilemma happens around us everyday. In the office, community, in politics and especially in a democratic society, the minority is often sacrificed for the interest of the majority, no matter how foolish or ignorant the majority are, and how farsighted and knowledgeable the minority are.

The child who chose not to play with the rest on the operational track

was sidelined. And in the case he was sacrificed, no one would shed a tear for him,because he plays on the track.

The friend who forwarded me the story said he would not try to change the course of the train because he believed that the kids playing on the operational track should have known very well that track was still in use, and that they should have run away if they heard the train's sirens.

If the train was diverted, that lone child would definitely die because he never thought the train could come over to that track!

Moreover, that track was not in use probably because it was not safe. If the train was diverted to the track, we could put the lives of all passengers on board at stake! And in your attempt to save a few kids by sacrificing one child, you might end up sacrificing hundreds of people to save these few kids.

While we are all aware that life is full of tough decisions that need to be made, we may not realize that hasty decisions may not always be the right one.

"Remember that what's right isn't always popular" and "what's popular isn't always right."

Hope you make the right decision in your entire life.

Guest SikhForLife

well ive to disagree

i will change the course so that single child gets run over

u know why?

because.. even if we dont agree with people's views and decisions.. we still have to save their life

just because people are foolish doesnt mean it their life has no value....

Sikhforlife,

Its not a matter of saving lives, its about thinking and making a decision. Please read it again because apparently you didn't contemplate the message of the author, obviously, thats what everyone thinks, to save the life of the majority, but there's a reason behind it, a certain logic.

The child was right playing safely, so why would he have to be sacrificed, just because you say so, just because you think, "NO! The kids playing on the wrong side of the tracks should be saved, its not fair for the kid, playing according to the rules, by doing this you are taking the child's life intentionaly.

Death, comes to us all, when/where we don't know, but it has its own purpose its own design that it follows. You can't cheat death plain and simple, if those people on that train are meant to die, then they are meant to die, how do you know they won't die otherwise? If you saw that movie Final Destination 2, you'd know what I'm talking about, but that's a whole different topic itself.

I'll be back! :nihungsmile:

Guest SikhForLife

lol veerji.. i did read the entire message.. and did think about it!!

i would still save the kids who are wrong!

i just value their life more than their foolish decisions..

just like a bhai kaniya gave water to the enemy... even though he didnt agree with their cause.. and saw God in all!!!!

veerey.. we should discriminate against the kids who are ignorant and foolish.. remember God is in them too!

I guess there are numerous ways of looking at it, and people look at it differently. Say, instead of kids and that one kid, were one mahapurkh sant ji, who was doing his nitnem, and saw that the tracks were a safe place to sit and do bani, because the train wouldn't come that way :D and on the other side, were a bunch of teens, smoking, drinking in front of the tracks, when they knew the train was comin for them, and didn't bother much. Well what would you do? :D

Bhul chuk maaf karnee! wubb.gif