S1ngh

Shorts & Gurdwara ?

Guest balwinderkaur

bsbk123 jee, i was agreeing with you. u must be confused. plz re-read my post : when i say i couldnt agree more with you it means i truly agree with what you say.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhan Balwinder Kaur jee, many thanks for correcting me jee.

regards & bhul chuk maaf

Bhupender Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Wear anything you want to the gurdwara as long as it is simple, nothing fancy, no bright colours. Something that doesnt draw attention to yourself, if you feel comfortable in shorts and think its not a big deal then wear them.

With 14+yrs maturity since creating of this topic, I would say that we should dress properly and shirts should be avoided. Living in sunny area, I wear shorts most of the time but do not wear it while going to gurughar.

• Like 2

Those who follow kachherra rehat, they probably wouldn't wear anything over their kachherra.

I have heard something called a half-stop is allowed if it is called. 

Those who follow strict rehat will not wear pyjama or trousers over their kaccherra.

But then their Singhnis will wear something over the kaccherra.

I mean proper rehit for Singhs is to wear kacchera so obviously this applies in gurdwara as well. Really your knees should be covered.

On 8/12/2003 at 1:46 PM, Akaali said:

How many people do you see wear just a kachehra to the gurdwara? rolleyes.gif :D

That's besides the point. There are plenty of old paintings that show Singhs wearing their kasheras. If things have changed in modern times, we shouldn't ignore our history. 

84699be2d32e5dde35dbb5f2251839d3.jpg

2006ah4486_akali_sikhs.jpg

1617926.jpg?670

This one is the oldest European painting of a Singh.

gobind19.jpg

Eden_Akalees.jpg

PreEmpire_2.jpg

Edited by dallysingh101
  • Like 1

that's the problem. Strict Singhs see it as being disrespectful to cover kacherras LOL

But seriously, the true rehit is to wear a kacherra. And definitely not a pajama. But obviously, since it gets so cold in countries like UK especially snow maybe there has to be some flexibility?

Look who's saying. 

No wonder sikhs are a laughing stock

Don't you think kachhera is a type of shorts after all and that baabey of certain sampardas only wear kachhera under their chole, chole that hv side split. Same in hazur sahib same in patna sahib. 

13 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

that's the problem. Strict Singhs see it as being disrespectful to cover kacherras LOL

But seriously, the true rehit is to wear a kacherra. And definitely not a pajama. But obviously, since it gets so cold in countries like UK especially snow maybe there has to be some flexibility?

Are u suggesting we shouldn't cover our kachhera ever?

Is it practical to live in world like dat. 

Like going to job interview wearing a shirt nd tie  but only kachhera as lowers? 

Lol like seriously 

2 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Are u suggesting we shouldn't cover our kachhera ever?

Is it practical to live in world like dat. 

Like going to job interview wearing a shirt nd tie  but only kachhera as lowers? 

Lol like seriously 

I'm sure someone will not be wearing shirt and tie if they are wearing bana. So your argument is nonsense again. 

Besides, where will Singh store shastars with shirt and tie?