Surrey Nagar Kirtan - Ahmediya Muslim Stall

I saw with it my own eyes. It was a stall that said "love for all .. hatred for none" 

.,they had books on the life of Mohammed and had 3 Muslim old uncle's with topis on.  I was in a car accident about 2 months and honestly stayed at the Nagar kietan for like 1 hour.

It was the Delta mosque in tillsbury road. I really regret not approaching them, but he'll there was a brahmkumari stall as well on 128th.

I

16 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Are we nice or being fools for allowing this to happen. This is our religious event. Why are they setting up stalls targeting Sikhs? 

Well, as I mentioned above, it's unclear what the specific situation was where they were located (sidewalk, private lawn, etc.). We may or may not be able to legally stop them from setting up a stall.

But, yeah, I agree the reason they target us is they perceive us as weak.

Even if we can't boot them via the police, we can swarm their stall with knowledgeable Sikhs. We should be prepared with a contingent of Sikhs to do parchar to Sikhs, and then also contingents to debate with any non-Sikhs that show up.

It's like an army attack. Army vs. army is a fair fight. Prepared Muslims vs the average unprepared Sikh is a slaughter. Anyway, the the knowledgeable Sikhs will debate the Muslims, while the average Sikhs can stand around and watch, and get enlightened instead of being bombarded with false factoids by the Muslims.

If they get the message that that's what's going to happen to them every nagar kirtan, then at some point, they'll stop showing up to nagar kirtans.

Another tack we can take is to make it clear to them that we have no problem with them following their own faith, but if they're going to try to convert Sikhs, then we'll return the favor with a stall every Friday at their mosque. I have a feeling they'll back off.

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, LifeIsBeautiful said:

I saw with it my own eyes. It was a stall that said "love for all .. hatred for none" 

.,they had books on the life of Mohammed and had 3 Muslim old uncle's with topis on.  I was in a car accident about 2 months and honestly stayed at the Nagar kietan for like 1 hour.

It was the Delta mosque in tillsbury road. I really regret not approaching them, but he'll there was a brahmkumari stall as well on 128th.

I

Thanks bro.

Just one more thing: Where exactly was the stall situated (so we can prepare our response for upcoming Nagar Kirtans).

Was it on somebody's front yard? 

Was it on a sidewalk?

Or was it in a stall allocated by the Nagar Kirtan organizers?

Also, were there a lot of Sikhs perusing the books or talking to them? Or were they being ignored by our peeps?

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Ahmediyas: a historically persecuted -- at the hands of mainstream Islam! -- Muslim sect that's held up as an example of the "good", acceptable, and tolerant side of Islam. Yet, this is what happens when you give any Islamic group an inch; they reveal their true hand, and reach for a mile! This is EXACTLY the reason I roll my eyes when people get misty eyed about fringe Muslim sects -- such as Sufis -- being an antidote to the mainstream khattar orthodoxy of the Sunni & Shia crews.

So many good points here.

For one, we think of Sufis as the "good" and tolerant Muslims. But did you know that the main religious cheerleader for the martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev ji was a Sufi Muslim leader from Sirhind (a huge city of that time)?

His name was Ahmed Sirhindi, and he was a prominent member of the  Naqshbandī Sufi order. Supposedly he was a big philosopher. Here's Brittanica on him:

In refuting the Naqshbandīyah order’s extreme monistic position of waḥdat al-wujūd (the concept of divine existential unity of God and the world, and hence man), he instead advanced the notion of waḥdat ash-shuhūd (the concept of unity of vision). According to this doctrine, any experience of unity between God and the world he has created is purely subjective and occurs only in the mind of the believer; it has no objective counterpart in the real world. 

So you'd think this guy was just living the life of the mind, right? No, he was a fanatic who encouraged the Mughal emperor employ policy of radical Islam (also known as simply "Islam") and to execute Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj.

This fool's tomb is hardly a mile from the site of the execution of the 2 younger Sahibzade at Fatehgarh Sahib. It's huge complex called Rauza Sharif, and it's quite popular with Muslims. You can also see a few stupid Sikhs visiting the tomb of their 5th Guru's enemy.

Note: I'm not saying all Sufis are murderers or encouragers of murder. I'm just saying keep your eyes wide open.

10 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

This is nothing new. I tried setting up an initiative to defeat this trend; happened a good few years back on this forum

I never knew that the Ahmedeya's tried to push their propaganda on this forum, the only attempt i've seen is the Naamdhari cultists who also tried to attack Reddit.com/r/Sikh. Great job on creating an initiative to stop them.

Could you please share some tacts and common arguments that they would use on this forum? or show some of their threads so that we can learn from it? thanks! 

5 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

Are we nice or being fools for allowing this to happen. This is our religious event. Why are they setting up stalls targeting Sikhs? 

It is due to our foolishness and openness that we allowed Christian missionaries to target Sikhs in Punjab. We are seen as a soft target. Now ahmadies are taking advantage of this too

100% agree, this type of passive and submissive attitude is how civilizations, dharam"s, religions, ideologies, etc fall.  Its sad that Sikhs have been in Punjab for over 500 years, but now there are more Christians than Sikhs. If we dont do something soon, we will lose the last Sikh majority state on earth, then things will get much more worse becuase democracy, politicians won't try to please us for votes, and no one will care about us. 

3 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

the only attempt i've seen is the Naamdhari cultists who also tried to attack Reddit.com/r/Sikh.

Namdhari.jpg.d3e15e890ac56cecfd8533a97b6ed470.jpg

5add0fc327736_sideeyes.jpg.2d93b050a6c5bc1f4956c8915632c080.jpg