Vjkk vjkf ji!

Sangat ji,

I had a few questions about the hukamnama that is normally written at the gurdwara sahib daily. 

I know that is the hukam guru maharaj has given the sangat, but is that a hukam by which an individual can act upon or act accordingly in life.

There are some days when I read the hukamnama sahib and I feel like guru maharaj is totally speaking to me because it's so relevant to my life. And then on down days,like today, where my sikhi is not going as well as I wish or I've only done half my nitnem and I feel bad but the hukamnama was saying you are in maharaj's sharan and everything in this life and the next life will be taken care of.......I feel like this cant be for me.....no matter how much I wish it was, I'm not that good of a gursikh.

So the hukamnama posted daily at the gurudwara sahib. How do we take that? As a direct message guru maharaj meant for me? Maharaj brought the people to this gurughar and this is maharajs hukam for those that read it? Or only for those present during ardas/hukamnama? 

Anyone that can shed some light on this topic would be much appreciated!

I remeber hearing in katha, that whenever you walk into the gurdwara whatever shabad that is recited by the kirtani or whatever the hukamnama is, guru sahib is speaking to you through that. 

On 13/04/2018 at 9:35 PM, Singh23 said:

Vjkk vjkf ji!

Sangat ji,

I had a few questions about the hukamnama that is normally written at the gurdwara sahib daily. 

I know that is the hukam guru maharaj has given the sangat, but is that a hukam by which an individual can act upon or act accordingly in life.

There are some days when I read the hukamnama sahib and I feel like guru maharaj is totally speaking to me because it's so relevant to my life. And then on down days,like today, where my sikhi is not going as well as I wish or I've only done half my nitnem and I feel bad but the hukamnama was saying you are in maharaj's sharan and everything in this life and the next life will be taken care of.......I feel like this cant be for me.....no matter how much I wish it was, I'm not that good of a gursikh.

So the hukamnama posted daily at the gurudwara sahib. How do we take that? As a direct message guru maharaj meant for me? Maharaj brought the people to this gurughar and this is maharajs hukam for those that read it? Or only for those present during ardas/hukamnama? 

Anyone that can shed some light on this topic would be much appreciated!

Khalsa Ji,

The entire SGGS is a hukam. What people tend to refer to as ‘Hukamnama’, is actually ‘Mukhvak’. 

There are days when we may not be as strong as we should be, in terms of nitnem etc. The essence here is the word ‘nit’, meaning daily.

As long as we try to follow Gurmat, on a daily basis, then one day we will achieve our destination.

With regards to our after life, that depends on our vashna, prior to physical death. If our focus is on Naam, at time of death, then our soul will reside in Guru Ji’s abode.

If our focus is on worldly pleasures, then the soul takes re-birth, in order to live out those pleasures.

with a daily dose of Gurmat, we will eventually break free from the carnal pleasures. We may have to take further births, but at least Gurmat cleanses our soul.

once upon a time, a wise man was meditating with his eyes closed. A young man asked him how long it would take to reach a certain city. The Mahatma didn’t speak. The young man asked about three or four times, but there was no reply. In frustration, the young man decided to walk off.

”It will take you four hours,” the Mahatma shouted after him.

”Why didn’t you tell me, when I first asked you?” Enquired the young man.

”I didn’t know how fast you could walk,” explained the Mahatma.

Khalsa Ji, Gurmat will take one to Sachkand, but it depends on how much time and focus, we dedicate.

Even if we don’t reach our destination in this life, at least the Gurmat credit will give re-birth in to a Sikh family, and thus, closer to Gurmat again.

Repetive Naam Simram, repetive reciting of Bani will drown out the material yearning. Just keep focused on seva and simran.

we only need to take a small step towards Gurmat, Satguru Ji takes giant leaps to receive us...

waheguru, waheguru, waheguru...

Edited by MokhamSingh
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MokhamSingh said:

The entire SGGS is a hukam. What people tend to refer to as ‘Hukamnama’, is actually ‘Mukhvak’. 

I noticed a change in terminology on the new sgpc site. 

Their image version of the Mukhvak isn't working yet unfortunately so our stickied hukamnama thread is bare for now. 

Just curious, what is the etymological breakdown of hukamnama and mukhvak?

Shukria

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I noticed a change in terminology on the new sgpc site. 

Their image version of the Mukhvak isn't working yet unfortunately so our stickied hukamnama thread is bare for now. 

Just curious, what is the etymological breakdown of hukamnama and mukhvak?

Shukria

Confused bootha would also like to know, heh. 

We both thank you in advance. 

Edited by GurjantGnostic
  • Confused 2