Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dust

Nihang singh and opium

Guest Dust

Wheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh , 

i want to know , is nihang singh consume opium nowadays . Bcoz i saw pic related about this . I think , May be some nihangs ( dhile mathe ) use opium 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:37 PM, Guest Dust said:

Wheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh , 

i want to know , is nihang singh consume opium nowadays . Bcoz i saw pic related about this . I think , May be some nihangs ( dhile mathe ) use opium 

Some christians smoke crack.  Doesn't mean it's a good decision or has anything to do with Christ. 

Opium/heroin/morphine/Vicodin whatever is prescribed for medical reasons, and used to be the only relief for wounded soldiers undergoing amputation and whatnot. 

Obviously using opium recreationally isn't Dal rehit or anything. 

What's your intention for the post? You think opium use is a widespread advocated practice within the Dals?

Or you may, or may not, have seen a pic of a single Nihang or two doing something stupid against rehit, and thought you'd come here and slam them and the entire Nihang image?

I feel sorry for anyone dabbling with or hooked on that stuff. Unfortunately you can guarantee that somewhere a Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Jain, world leader, teacher, Dr, rehab counselor, whoever is using it.   

None of these groups advocate it, except maybe the medical profession. 

Maybe you can track them down through the pic and offer to help them with rehab?

Edited by GurjantGnostic
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Some christians smoke crack.  Doesn't mean it's a good decision or has anything to do with Christ. 

Opium/heroin/morphine/Vicodin whatever is prescribed for medical reasons, and used to be the only relief for wounded soldiers undergoing amputation and whatnot. 

Obviously using opium recreationally isn't Dal rehit or anything. 

What's your intention for the post? You think opium use is a widespread advocated practice within the Dals?

Or you may, or may not, have seen a pic of a single Nihang or two doing something stupid against rehit, and thought you'd come here and slam them and the entire Nihang image?

I feel sorry for anyone dabbling with or hooked on that stuff. Unfortunately you can guarantee that somewhere a Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Jain, world leader, teacher, Dr, rehab counselor, whoever is using it.   

None of these groups advocate it, except maybe the medical profession. 

Maybe you can track them down through the pic and offer to help them with rehab?

Thanks @GuestSingh

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

How do you know its him

I happened to pop on right after. You then check browse online activity and compare to the reaction notification time. Same way he got caught last time. 

He keeps saying he's going to ignore me, but doesn't so he can still see the posts and plaster confused bootha everywhere rather than using his words. 

Edited by GurjantGnostic
  • Confused 2

Guest BhForce
1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I happened to pop on right after. You then check browse online activity and compare to the reaction notification time. Same way he got caught last time. 

He keeps saying he's going to ignore me, but doesn't so he can still see the posts and plaster confused bootha everywhere rather than using his words. 

It's me boodoo

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ah interesting!

Most of these reactions people put is to make us look stupid or dumb, then probably put positive reactions on their own comments.

Hopefully something is done about these reactions, don't see why we can't see who reacted straight then publicly ask them why they chose that reaction.

5 hours ago, monatosingh said:

?

Is he the confused boothi?

No and to prove this, the above posts have just been marked confused from my account so each now has two, not one.

Admin/moderator can verify my one and only account on here.

5 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Most of these reactions people put is to make us look stupid or dumb, then probably put positive reactions on their own comments.

Never liked my own posts - you can check all of mine as proof of this, if you like.

Hopefully something is done about these reactions, don't see why we can't see who reacted straight then publicly ask them why they chose that reaction.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Parkash is disputed between 3 Dates Friday, Katak Sudi 15 Pooranmashi, 1526 Bikrami (Lunar) Saturday, Vaisakh Sudi 3, 1526 Bikrami (Lunar) (Not Pooranmashi) Monday, 1 Vaisakh, 1526 Bikrami (Solar Date) (Also Pooranmashi) There is debate on this issue, I recommend reading the document mentioned in the OP. Also PLS, Benti for everyone, when referring to Gurpuabs, pls use Bikrami or Mool Nanakshahi dates, don't use English dates as they are not accurate as the original.
    • Serious question though, how would one use a Dori Kirpan practically? Like how would it be used? I think thats why some people say its just for show because maybe you can't use it well? I wouldn't know.
    • Sometimes we use the phrase "Just do it" in the Dojo. Other times we say "Shut up and train".  Heh. 
    • Exactly. Oh, so it's not a made-up saakhi? Even if it were, it would be good. It sounds vaguely like the saakhi of Bhai Banno. I agree that it is unreasonable to demand discounts of shopkeepers because "it's for a religious purpose". They can't verify that. You're trading on your long beard to make the other guy think you're "religious". You're just setting it up for unscrupulous people with beards to come by and abuse it, which then gets found out, and then people lose faith in Sikhs and Sikhi. On the other hand, it would be OK for a gurdwara to put out the call for construction materials, legal services, accounting services, medical services (free medical camps). Then people can verify it's for a religious purpose because they're giving directly to the gurdwara. And then sawmill owners can drop off wood at the gurdwara, marble showroom owners can drop off marble, etc. Or people in fields not in demand can buy the stuff (possibly at cost) and have it delivered to the gurdwara.