Guest guest

when is Vaisakhi 2018 exactly

Guest guest

Hi 

what date is Vaisakhi on, according to 1.  official Gurdwara date  2. moon calender (original calender)  3. new calender 'NanakShahi'.

thanks for you help

Guest AnonSengh

Vaisakhi is literally 1 Vaisakh. The first day of the Solar Desi Month Vaisakhi.

Falls on 14th April on the Western Calendar.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Yeah, according to which calendar, SGPC, Purewal, Bikrami?

According to whatever the hell i want

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

* Reincarnation 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Wow...someone forgot to take their Degh today....

:notalk:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 09/04/2018 at 4:32 PM, Guest guest said:

Hi 

what date is Vaisakhi on, according to 1.  official Gurdwara date  2. moon calender (original calender)  3. new calender 'NanakShahi'.

thanks for you help

This year it’s both on 14 April.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Serious question though, how would one use a Dori Kirpan practically? Like how would it be used? I think thats why some people say its just for show because maybe you can't use it well? I wouldn't know.
    • Sometimes we use the phrase "Just do it" in the Dojo. Other times we say "Shut up and train".  Heh. 
    • Exactly. Oh, so it's not a made-up saakhi? Even if it were, it would be good. It sounds vaguely like the saakhi of Bhai Banno. I agree that it is unreasonable to demand discounts of shopkeepers because "it's for a religious purpose". They can't verify that. You're trading on your long beard to make the other guy think you're "religious". You're just setting it up for unscrupulous people with beards to come by and abuse it, which then gets found out, and then people lose faith in Sikhs and Sikhi. On the other hand, it would be OK for a gurdwara to put out the call for construction materials, legal services, accounting services, medical services (free medical camps). Then people can verify it's for a religious purpose because they're giving directly to the gurdwara. And then sawmill owners can drop off wood at the gurdwara, marble showroom owners can drop off marble, etc. Or people in fields not in demand can buy the stuff (possibly at cost) and have it delivered to the gurdwara.
    • Ye bro it's possible it also depends on one's dedication though because we think its an easy task but then we may stop mid way.. But ye JUST DO IT!