Dsinghdp

Holiday in north America

I will be visiting North America for the first time. Which country is best to visit? Canada or USA?

Depends on what you're looking for. The Pacific Northwest region is really nice. Washington State, Vancouver, Calgary. Lovely places, beautiful scenery and friendly people. If I could, I would move out to that region.

I have always wanted to visit america.But it is so vast a country not sure where to start. 

From what I know.

Us brownies live mostly in New york, new jersey, California. So might want to start there. 

Also some great places I have heard of are the sea side areas such as florida. 

Whats springs to mind is 

San fransisco, grand canyon. You can travel by coach or train or fligh if its over a 8 hour journey. 

USA arguably has more to see. But, Canada is safer. BC has quite a bit to see. Ontario too with Toronto, Niagara Falls, and Ottawa. Alberta has Banff. Really that's about it. 

Definitely go for USA. Not much in Canada to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

Go to Canada 

20 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

I will be visiting North America for the first time. Which country is best to visit? Canada or USA?

You're not visiting relatives? You're just visting "North America" generically?

In that case, there's definitely more stuff to see in America, simply because America is 10X bigger in the parts of the country worth seeing. Yes, Canada has more area, but do you really want to see swathes of tundra?

I would agree with @KhoonKaBadlaKhoon that Canada is safer (especially for kesadhari Sikhs), but it's not like you'll be killed just stepping off the plane in the US, either. If you're a single male keshadhari, I'd be cautious.

12 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I have relatives in Toronto, Canada. So might be visiting them. Otherwise it’s too expensive staying in a hotel.

Edited by Dsinghdp

4 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:
16 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I have relatives in Toronto, Canada. So might be visiting them. Otherwise it’s too expensive staying in a hotel.

Well, then, there's your answer. Stay with your relatives. Visit tourist areas of Toronto, visit the CN Tower.

Then do some smaller trips, if you want, just 1-night stays in hotels, or Gurdwaras, if you can arrange a room in advance. Visit the capital of Canada. Then visit BC (a longer trip), and its capital and landscape. Possibly historic gurdwaras of BC. And a visit to Niagra Falls, and New York City, which is relatively close to Toronto.

Usa is 100 times better. 

Canada is like the north pole. 

Usa

las vegas

los angelos

calfornia

atlanta

philly

ao many places to chose from

6 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I have visited California, and felt safe there at all times. I would recommend it.

I noted that you'll not be killed just as you step off the plane. The point is that Canada is safer than the US. Granted, 99.9% of the time, you'll be OK. It's just that people should not be complacent.

On the matter, of California, that's where:

A young Sikh gas station attendant was gunned down

Two elderly Sikh men, 65 and 78, were killed walking

68 yr old Sikh found dead

Sikh man beaten up and hair cut

Another 68 yr old Sikh beaten up severely, and Gurdwara defaced

And an 82 yr old attacked in Fresno in 2013, outside a Gurdwara

So please don't make Sikhs think they're absolutely safe in California. They're not.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Usa is 100 times better. 

Canada is like the north pole. 

Usa

las vegas

los angelos

calfornia

atlanta

philly

ao many places to chose from

You're right. Except that the OP has belatedly stated that it'll be too expensive for him to stay in hotels. So he's down to just staying with his relatives in Toronto.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

You're right. Except that the OP has belatedly stated that it'll be too expensive for him to stay in hotels. So he's down to just staying with his relatives in Toronto.

Ever heard of making money while on holiday. Plenty of work opportunities to make some extra income.