Well Done Sikhs Were In The Headlines

singh598

10 hours ago, singh598 said:

Not exactly headline news is it? the article also mentions hindu punjabis.

The problem is a punjabi culture problem of drinking introduced on a wider scale largely by the racist white british colonialists during their invasion and imperial rule of india they distributed many intoxicants to control the native populations. Export of alcohol and tobacco trade and potential stopping of it was also one of the reasons the british establishment lent support to attack Sikhs including sant bhindranwale (who was anti-intoxicants) in amritsar darbar sahib in 1984 operation blue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40613289

Heres another article they did last year this time targeting the so called taboo of "sikh women" and the drink problem. I dont know any hindu punjabi or hindu woman that is sober most do indulge in drinking yet no articles about them, strange.

Either way there is a problem with alcoholism with the punjabi community and the main reason is depression. Men tend to turn to the drink when they are having employment or financial troubles. Women turn to the drink due to emotional or relationship issues.

Prevention is better than cure so its important for punjabi people not to fall into the trap of drinking alcohol especially if they have addictive personalities or no self control. However its so glamourised in mainstream black music and our bhangra music and by the culture of going out and having a drinking to have a good time that it is creating problems for future generations who are impacted and influenced to repeat the problem.

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What I wanted to express is the BBC picks a problem, that effects every culture, and focuses just on Sikhs, while avoiding attributing the grooming gang problem to the culture that is responsible for perpetrating it by name. 

yeah it's sickening how sikh girls are disappeared from the whole stats and historical grooming story according to BBC its only happening to the FERAL white kids ...they need slapping .. on both counts  These are little girls who have even been branded like cattle ... the only solution to such crimes is firing squad  for whatever colour sex or religion nonce it is and has been proven to commit.

5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

How is it anything with our people according to the BBC is a "taboo subject"

I hear the BBC have another exclusive. 

They have discovered that water is wet.

BBC = Media

Media = Lie

5 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

and also we are also funding this BBC news by paying the tv licence fee.

Sometimes I feel like stop paying, but then parents want to watch the sikhi channels on the TV; I can just stream and watch Youtube.

If there was a time when the BBC was meant to be a neutral public broadcaster, it's one thing for the license fee to have been in place to support TV without ads. These days it functions as the voice of the Islamophile liberal establishment. From the perspective of patriotic or traditional Brits, it's against them. From our perspective as Sikhs, it feels free to do anti-Sikh hit pieces.

Additionally, it is devastating local newspapers in Britain by publishing news articles on the website. It was chartered to do broadcasting. It had no right to use the mandatory license fee revenues to elbow into local (or even national) news publishing.

The BBC needs to have its mandatory funding taken away, it's name needs to be changed, and then its stock should be either sold to the public, or simply handed out one share to every British taxpayer.

If Teresa May were to destroy the BBC, she would be guaranteed re-election, but she is too weak to do so.

4 hours ago, genie said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40613289

Heres another article they did last year this time targeting the so called taboo of "sikh women" and the drink problem. I dont know any hindu punjabi or hindu woman that is sober most do indulge in drinking yet no articles about them, strange.

Yeah. 

Although the increasing rate of consumption of alcohol among Punjabi Sikh women shows the superiority of Punjabi culture in this regard. Now Sikhism is the highest of all, but still: Traditionally, only men drank, that too only in private, and usually only when someone was visiting. Against Gurmat, but still within some kind of limit. What you didn't have is the mother of the children drunk out of her senses. Thanks, modern feminism and "equality".