TheeTurbanator

How Well As Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji been preserved since 1708?

WARNING: IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS, PLEASE BE MATURE AND ONLY USE FACTS, NO DRAMA PLEASE

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

Sikhs often love to claim that their "holy book" (Ignore the Abrehamic context) was written and sealed by its founders, and Sikhs still use the same version to this day. However, there have been numerous controversies over the validity of certain passages (you all know what im talking about). 

Since the original Saroop of the Guru that was written by Bhai Mani Singh Ji and overlooked by Guru Gobind Singh Ji at damdama sahib in 1708 has been lost, and numerious others were destroyed as recently as in 1984 by the Indian Government (they still refuse to give some back), how will have Sikhs preserved the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheeTurbanator said:

WARNING: IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS, PLEASE BE MATURE AND ONLY USE FACTS, NO DRAMA PLEASE

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

Sikhs often love to claim that their "holy book" (Ignore the Abrehamic context) was written and sealed by its founders, and Sikhs still use the same version to this day. However, there have been numerous controversies over the validity of certain passages (you all know what im talking about). 

Since the original Saroop of the Guru that was written by Bhai Mani Singh Ji and overlooked by Guru Gobind Singh Ji at damdama sahib in 1708 has been lost, and numerious others were destroyed as recently as in 1984 by the Indian Government (they still refuse to give some back), how will have Sikhs preserved the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? 

What's the oldest living copy now?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What's the oldest living copy now?

Thats the thing, I dont know. Baba Deep Singh allegedly wrote 4 saroops, but the ones attributed to him have differances in them. 

If we had the oldest copy, then we wouldn’t any contriverces like we do today. 

1 hour ago, TheeTurbanator said:

If we had the oldest copy, then we wouldn’t any contriverces like we do today. 

And no one would argue whether the Gurmukhi is spelt wrong.

6 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

Thats the thing, I dont know. Baba Deep Singh allegedly wrote 4 saroops, but the ones attributed to him have differances in them. 

They are minor differences. Same for Dasam Granth Sahib.

The Damdama saroop is most authentic.

Edited by Dsinghdp

There are many puratan saroops of Guru Sahib, almost countless but i do not think somebody who has no respect in referring to such a great Guru is even worthy to be given a answer!

Your wording is so rude

Bhindran Taksal has over 30 Puratan sroops

Bidhi Chand Dal has Baba Bidhi Chand's handwritten saroop

Damdama Sahib has Baba Deep Singh Ji's hand written saroop

All saroop sahib can be witnessed but if somebody has that respect and shards inside them.

Sampardavan all teach the same paat

Thee Turbanator needs to terminate himself before he speaks such nonsense filled words!

Hazzor Sahib also has one saroop made written with gold handwiting

There are many sroop that are still with their Sikhs where the angs are made of stone

Watch your words son!

It sounds to me like you are a enemy of the panth as to a member!

Bhai Daya Singh Pyare also have a saroop and no to forget the ACTUAL Kartarpuri Bir written by Bhai Gurdas Ji before panve paatshah at Kartarpur Sahib

Many saroops are digitilised also

17 minutes ago, Malhi said:

There are many puratan saroops of Guru Sahib, almost countless but i do not think somebody who has no respect in referring to such a great Guru is even worthy to be given a answer!

This is a common theme that you will refer to in this and your other comments. You keep on trying to state that I’m being rude to the Guru, but aren’t even showing an example. What did I say that’s so rude to the Guru? Or is merely asking a question rude? 

Also even if the question isn’t for me, at least answer it for the record for everyone else. 

Your wording is so rude

I asked a question. If my wording is “rude”, I apologize, but you don’t even care to show me an example, yet keep bringing it up. How is my wording rude? You’re acting as if I wrote to the Guru or something. 

16 minutes ago, Malhi said:

Yes, I am the enemy of the Panth by telling Sikhs not to commit terrorism, or do rituals, and other weird stuff. Yes, I am the enemy of the Panth by asking a simple question. 

Maybe any of the videos or organizations that I frequently promote are also enemies of the Panth. In addition to myself, I would love to see you prove how Basics of Sikhi and Nanak Naam are also enemies of the Panth.  

All saroop sahib can be witnessed but if somebody has that respect and shards inside them

Is that why so many people in the AJK Jatha doubt authenticity of Raag Mala? Does Bhai Randhir Singh or the entire AKJ Jatha not have respect? I’m guessing anyone who doesn’t align with your specific views has no sharda. 

Edited by TheeTurbanator
  • Like 1

There might be few slight variations in puratan saroop of sri guru granth sahib/aad guru granth sahib usually at the very end but the main point remains essence message is not lost, here is one out of many example- for example-

IkOngkar Satgurparsad:

IkOngkar-One non dual being Satgurpursad-which is eternal awareness bliss realized by satgurparsad - grace of true guru (inner guru-wisdom-awareness and outer-ishat guru- sri guru granth sahib) IS mentioned 523 times in sri guru granth sahib, I think this can be considered common theme/essence message from sri guru granth sahib ji so everyone can agree on, and deeply contemplate on it go through stages- of deep listening-sarvan of gurbani essence truth,  following /acknowledging (manan), applying-deeply abiding( nidhashan) in gurbani essence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malhi said:

I don't think he's trying to be rude Veer Ji. Saying he should terminate himself isn't necessary. 

It's good to hear there are many authentic Saroops. 

Are they all identical?

If so, then there's the answer. 

That's what he's asking I think. 

If Saroops are being stolen and destroyed, then the original authenticity must be protected. 

Edited by GurjantGnostic
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Here is a good post that talks about this issue, but it was written back in 2012:

On 4/5/2018 at 6:46 PM, TheeTurbanator said:

Is that why so many people in the AJK Jatha doubt authenticity of Raag Mala? Does Bhai Randhir Singh or the entire AKJ Jatha not have respect? I’m guessing anyone who doesn’t align with your specific views has no sharda. 

I believe that this would be a more fruitful discussion if not steered towards Raag Mala. Most of the Panth accepts Raag Mala, a few don't.

What's more interesting for me, and a discussion we should have internally to ward off potential enemies of the Panth, is differences in the 1429 pages before Raag Mala. Are there differences in saroops in the 1429 pages (referring to pre-Raag Mala bani according to printed saroop page numbering).

And if there are differences, are they major or minor?

So far as a analysis of textual differences of many different saroops conducted by an advisor to Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti found, there are minor vowel differences in a few places. There are no major differences (word differences).