Is there anybody in the Canadian Reserves right now that can give me some tips on joining a medic company? I plan on joining after finishing high school and I want to work while pursuing a job in the medical field in university. I mainly want to go in for experience, I feel it could be useful for the panth.

Joining a non Sikh military isnt useful for the panth unless you just join it to learn how to fight. Akal Purakh Ki Fauj is fully independent from worldly politics and only fights for Dharam, not oil or money. 

I know one Singh who was in the Canadian army, if you want, I can get you in contact with him, just let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kudos to you brother, I was planning on joining the Reserve, but unfortuanteliy my eyesight is weak in one eye.

I think you will learn a lot of skills, it will help build your confidence, and gain skills. The reserves is good and if you are interested, you can join the army, navy, airforce later. Canada is led by a Sikh Defense minister, enough said.

Fellow Canadian :0

• Like 3

Absolutely @TheeTurbanator I'd appreciate that. Also, I agree that as a sikh the only army we should serve with is a the Khalsa Fauj. I should definitely keep that in mind and not get attached to working for Canada. I want to treat this solely to acquire skills for the panth.

4 minutes ago, LifeIsBeautiful said:

Kudos to you brother, I was planning on joining the Reserve, but unfortuanteliy my eyesight is weak in one eye.

I think you will learn a lot of skills, it will help build your confidence, and gain skills. The reserves is good and if you are interested, you can join the army, navy, airforce later. Canada is led by a Sikh Defense minister, enough said.

Fellow Canadian :0

Thanks singhji, though on the topic of eyesight I also need glasses (-1.6 diopters), though they have improved. From what I can see there are a lot of jobs in the reserves where perfect eyesight isn't a priority. Also there might be plenty if ways to improve your vision. There's this site https://endmyopia.org, and they discuss a lot on improving vision naturally by breaking poor habits and using perscription only when required. I recommend you take a look, it could help you.

On 4/4/2018 at 8:16 AM, TheeTurbanator said:

Joining a non Sikh military isnt useful for the panth unless you just join it to learn how to fight.

Come, on, man, is joining Microsoft or Amazon or Google "useful for the panth"? How about running a local corner store? Is that "useful for the panth"? Or blood-sucking lawyers or financiers? Why are you singling out soldiering?

There are very few people who work exclusively "for the panth". The rest just give 10% of their earnings as dasvandh.

In any case, I'd rather have Taj Aujla (first Sikh soldier to guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Canada) as a role model for young Sikh men than Simarpreet Singh Sokhi, Bhartyanattam dancer. We desperately need more masculinity in this weak Panth:

taj-aujla_28ce243d-5083-11e5-a8da-005056

DSC_8894.JPG

I don't know if the Canadian forces are like the American or British forces, i.e. go all over the world and poke their nose in where it doesn't belong like Iraq, Syria, Libya. If they are like that then I would not recommend joining.You will be fighting in a useless never ending war that is being backed by oil and weapon organisations.

I personally believe that war should only be for self defence purposes but the likes of America and the UK are using their armies to conquer other lands, just like the colonial days and are leaving those countries that they invade in far worse shape than they were before.

If Canada don't get involved in these sorts of things then by all means join but if they do go abroad to places like Iraq, Syria - then avoid joining, you're just being used as a pawn in a bigger game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BhForce said:

Come, on, man, is joining Microsoft or Amazon or Google "useful for the panth"? How about running a local corner store? Is that "useful for the panth"? Or blood-sucking lawyers or financiers?

The same logic applies here, joining corporations themselves isn’t useful to the Khalsa Panth, with the exception of joining them to gain skills which will later be used to help the Panth. 

Remember: at the end of the day Microsoft and Amazon are businesses, and fundamentally exist to create money. They are not there for morality or to uphold Dharam like the Khalsa is. 

If Amazon and Microsoft were given a choice to choose between Indian Government and Sikhs, they would choose the government because it would lead to more opertinity for them in the Indian market (which by itself far outweighes Sikh international market). 

The Army or corporations are not moral the same way the Khalsa Panth is. The Khalsa Panth does not bend backwards to Politics or Capitalism. 

Why are you singling out soldiering?

I’m not, I never said this only applies to soldiers. You are assuming that I’m singeling them out. The only reason I didn’t menton cooperations was because this topic was specifically about the army, and my points I raised still stand undefeated. 

I also didn’t know that someone would cherry pick my statements instead of looking at the underlying message behind it which basically answers the question. 

We desperately need more masculinity in this weak Panth:

We need Naam. 

Edited by TheeTurbanator

Joining army or police force is very good career path for sikhs both according to our past history and our martial tradition and many practical reasons and benefits which is compatible with sikh way of life. We should all encourage it.

Many Sikh mahapursh in the past to name few prominent ones in the past- sant karam singh hoti mardan, sant aya singh hoti mardan, sant attar singh reru sahib, sant jvala singh ji etc also have joined army for couple of very good practical and spiritual reasons-

a) serve the country they live in - noble and pious

b) military requires great discipline which is compatible with sikh discipline for being timely, getting up early, be fully active and martial

c) miltary and or on being on police force-various task/mission takes one to edge / lives on the edge where one mind stops enforces one to be in the present moment only - one only functions through fearless/ great inner wisdom- bibek and inner highly intuitive awareness - gur-chaitan which is also very compatible with meditations/abhyaas within sikhi

d) many military traditions allows diversity when it comes to individual war cry traditions such as moari war cry for example and ours being war roars from gurbani- sri guru granth sahib ji, sri dasam guru granth sahib and Gurbani abhyaas from it while training or completing a mission or task.

• Like 1

On 2018-04-04 at 5:33 PM, LifeIsBeautiful said:

The reserves is good and if you are Canada is led by a Sikh Defense minister, enough said.

What policies has the current Sikh defense minister implemented to stop sexual harassment and sexual abuse of women in the Canadian army?

What Sikh teachings has he implemented to stop sexual harassment and sexual abuse of women in the Canadian army?

8 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

What policies has the current Sikh defense minister implemented to stop sexual harassment and sexual abuse of women in the Canadian army?

What Sikh teachings has he implemented to stop sexual harassment and sexual abuse of women in the Canadian army?

That's a world wide problem unfortunately. In the military, business, and government alike. Hopefully the defense minister is part of the solution. 

I can tell you first hand, the problem is very entrenched in sub cultures, even when the broader organisation seeks to stop it. 

• Confused 1