Feel like leaving it all

Guest leave

Guest leave

I am in my 30s, have a career that is just starting to  take off and quite ambitious. It is stressful but I have a good support system.  Yet I feel like leaving it all and just meditating. I've noticed whenever i do start my meditation I become a little sad. As though this isn't my home. I start seeing the futility of it all.  I stop engaging with the world. My needs and wants are very less, if it weren't for family and the poor that I want to help I would be happy working at someplace like tescos. 

I need advise on how to deal with this detachment.

If meditating makes you sad, why do you want to do it ? You should focus on your career and the things that make you happy.  You already know that meditation does not help you so dont do it. What works and helps one person does not always work for another. I would suggest maybe reading a book instead. 

7 hours ago, Guest leave said:

I am in my 30s, have a career that is just starting to  take off and quite ambitious. It is stressful but I have a good support system.  Yet I feel like leaving it all and just meditating. I've noticed whenever i do start my meditation I become a little sad. As though this isn't my home. I start seeing the futility of it all.  I stop engaging with the world. My needs and wants are very less, if it weren't for family and the poor that I want to help I would be happy working at someplace like tescos. 

That's all true.

However...

Your full time job is Simran, and "work" is just one of the places you are, part of the time. 

No matter where you work it's going to take time. 

Keep it up. Die while still alive and cross the world ocean. 

Anything is fine in your path just don't hide from the world entirely. 

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

12 hours ago, Guest leave said:

This is a blessing in itself, carry on with your life but do simran in your mind 24/7 and it will help you. Try to wake up early in the morning to do naam abhiyaas. Try to do nitnem. Aim higher in terms of spirituality. Get closer to the path of sikhi BUT... Live a ghrist jeevan. Know that your job is important for you to do Kirth Karney... We may forget this sometimes.

hope my advice helped ji.

VJKK VJKF

Guest Leave
5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

That's all true.

However...

Your full time job is Simran, and "work" is just one of the places you are, part of the time. 

No matter where you work it's going to take time. 

Keep it up. Die while still alive and cross the world ocean. 

Anything is fine in your path just don't hide from the world entirely. 

Thanks, how do I deal with the sadness?

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

6 hours ago, Guest Leave said:

Your sadness is probably bairaag because you feel upset about being separated from Vaheguru. Its not a bad thing at all its actually a blessing, you are beginning to see that this whole world is an illusion of maya and that the world is false.

VJKK VJKF

On 04/04/2018 at 5:06 AM, Guest Leave said:

Deal with it as an emotion. We are sensible ppl. We shouldnt do things based on emotion. One day u will feel sad.another day happy. That doesnt mean u let the emotions control u or dictate ur life. 

Be sad. Be detached from the world. Feel like the world is useless. Is an illusion. But still do ur duty. Still do ur job. 

That is what Guru ji reccomends: to live and work  in this world. But not to love it, not to get attached to it. To be happy that one day i will leave it behind and go to my true home. 

Do simran. And find out where is the true home. Do simran and try to see why this world makes u sad. Also read gurbani

Guest Leaving
11 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Deal with it as an emotion. We are sensible ppl. We shouldnt do things based on emotion. One day u will feel sad.another day happy. That doesnt mean u let the emotions control u or dictate ur life. 

Be sad. Be detached from the world. Feel like the world is useless. Is an illusion. But still do ur duty. Still do ur job. 

That is what Guru ji reccomends: to live and work  in this world. But not to love it, not to get attached to it. To be happy that one day i will leave it behind and go to my true home. 

Do simran. And find out where is the true home. Do simran and try to see why this world makes u sad. Also read gurbani

Thanks, this helps