nihangsingh.org web archive

5 hours ago, SuchaSoorma said:

I think if you look at the website and go through it, this will be very clear to you. There is a lot of linking Sikhi to hinduism through devi and devtay.

Dont read dasam granth then cause you will have a heart attack if you do.

The Sikh writings suggest a great significance of the union between Shiv and Shakti;

When the play of Shiv and Shakti comes to mind, one remains dead while yet alive'
(Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji, Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1257)

'Wherever I look I see the Lord pervading there in the union of Shiv and Shakti.'
(Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 21)

'When Shiv and Shakti playfully united the whole world came to be.'
(Bhai Gurdas Ji, Vaar 2, Pauri 19).

There are various ways in which Indian philosophies understand the notion of Shiv-Shakti. Shiv may be seen as Shiva and Shakti may be seen as his consort or more generally a feminine counterpart of a deity. Thus, we have a concept of divine masculine and feminine energy. Within the Indian traditions Shiva without Shakti is referred to as Shava, meaning corpse. This can be compared to a human being whose conscious is not aware of Vaheguru; Shiv may also be interpreted as consciousness and Shakti as divine power, hence a conciliation of the two represents conscious absorption into the Divine. Shiv may also refer to the soul (which is the very form of Vaheguru) and Shakti the power of Vaheguru transcended from nargun (formless) to sargun (with form - i.e. the universe). The great treasure of knowledge, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Bhindranvale (1902-1961) discusses that within certain context Shiv can also mean Satogun and shakti can represent Tamogun.(Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib Katha, Volume 12, .020). He also states that Shiv can be understood independent of the deity Shiva, and as the form of Parmeshvar (Primal Being) and that Shakti can be understood as maya (creation). 

Mahant Om Nath Sharma in an article titled 'Navarati' gives the take on Shiva and Shakti from his school of thought that translates Shakti as Durga (the divine mother of the universe)

6 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Dont read dasam granth then cause you will have a heart attack if you do.

I have read dasam bani and i think you might be reading it wrong. It is clear that avtars are shown as low and nothing compared to guru ji in dasam bani. Guru Ji does not link us to them but in contrast guru ji tells us these avatars are nothing.

8 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Maybe some quotes?

Everyone has to read it without that, which is what you didn't want. 

I didn't see it on my first perusal. 

"This symbol represents the One Being's creation. Within indian traditions it is believed that the illusionary world (maya) is composed of three modes (tre-gun) which are Satogun, Rajogun and Tamogun; represented by Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva respectively. The essence of these deities or energies is encapsulated within the mantra OAN."

I think this quote from the website is very telling. Showing Oankar to be the devta and associating maya with devta. This is the small stuff of Hinduism which has creeped in our religion and is destroying it from the inside. 

1 hour ago, SuchaSoorma said:

"This symbol represents the One Being's creation. Within indian traditions it is believed that the illusionary world (maya) is composed of three modes (tre-gun) which are Satogun, Rajogun and Tamogun; represented by Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva respectively. The essence of these deities or energies is encapsulated within the mantra OAN."

I think this quote from the website is very telling. Showing Oankar to be the devta and associating maya with devta. This is the small stuff of Hinduism which has creeped in our religion and is destroying it from the inside. 

I see what you mean. Could another way to interpret that be the devte and maya are all encapsulated in Vaheguru though? 

Gurbani speaks of Devte and Maya as being creations of Vaheguru in khel?