Are there any herbal cures for Psoriasis?

Guest Kaur 2

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

My dad has psoriasis and I wanted to know if there are any herbal DIY remedies or if there are any herbal creams that are good for (possibly) getting rid of psoriasis? @superdupersingh and @jkvlondon have a lot of knowledge about issues like this so I was wondering if you could help me.

VJKK VJKF

5 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

My dad has psoriasis and I wanted to know if there are any herbal DIY remedies or if there are any herbal creams that are good for (possibly) getting rid of psoriasis? @superdupersingh and @jkvlondon have a lot of knowledge about issues like this so I was wondering if you could help me.

VJKK VJKF

would suggest to go to homeopath near you to get your immune system functioning well , you can use stuff on top of your skin but the cause will not be addressed , stress is major trigger for psoriasis  so need to do more naam abihaas meditation along with everything else.

https://easyayurveda.com/2014/02/19/psoriasis-ayurvedic-understanding-treatment-modalities/

You should go to an ayurvedic doctor but I know that neem is excellent for psorasis. Herbs like giloy and turmeric are good too. Nightly triphala is also beneficial. Make sure he has plenty of ghee in his diet- it will help the skin. Give up inflammatory foods e.g. everything processed inc breads/sugar/snacks etc. Eat raw foods,fruit,veg, daals, sabjis (bitter gourd is good). For topical application organic sesame oil is very good, so is ghee. 

Use a gentle, moisturising soap like savon de Marseille. http://stores.ebay.fr/The-Art-of-Tradition/Savon-de-Marseille-Le-Serail-/_i.html?_fsub=17944705010&_sid=1352719910&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Avoid any commercial creams/moisturisers even ones from GP/dermatologists as I have looked into them and they do contain some shocking ingredients, which should not be there. If you have an aloe vera plant at home, the gel can provide a bit of relief too. 

Guest GuestSingh

From personal experience of severe facial and partial body eczema for 18 months, my cure was a detox diet - in other words, as mentioned above, a raw food diet.

No longer have the plan but plenty of different fruit/vegetables, nuts/seeds, grains (rice, quinoa, cous cous etc.) and especially water (good-quality) is what's needed.

The body is at a dis-ease so it needs to be cleaned from the inside. We all need to go back to basics and eat, drink and do what our elders/ancestors/forefathers did. A simple living is now made more complicated by the west that take advantage of the lack of discipline for our tastes of the tongue - Guru ji warns of this yet we still don't listen.

Everyone is different and will have different triggers but the most common ones are already mentioned above (stress, excess processed food) as well as chemicals (irritants) in soaps/lotions and hot air/water - if you're in the UK, look at a water humidifier (some attach to radiators to disperse moist air so the skin doesn't dry out). Also, avoid prescribed medicines, especially steroid-based creams - long-term use thins the skin and causes easily-bruising skin.

You can make a face/hand/body cream by mixing equal amounts of cocoa/shea butter (solid when bought so melt in a bowl over boiling water), olive/avocado/sesame/almond oils and a 1/10 of neem oil e.g. 100ml of butter/oil with 1-2 tsp. of neem - don't worry about the strong smell, it's not turned bad and it'll do the job. Blends the ingredients, let it cool then refrigerate for a few hours so it turns solid. Add an essential oil if you don't like the smell - each one has good medicinal properties. Also, don't forget to sterilise any utensils/dishes first with boiling water to minimise bacteria growth.

Guest SinghJP

Psoriasis is autoimmune. It can’t be cured but it can be controlled. Try drinking haldi ka dood every night. Seriously the turmeric in it is huge anti inflammatory. But you have to make sure to add a little bit of black pepper in it because something in the black pepper makes your body be able to absorb more of the turmeric. Even better if you use honey to sweeten it as honey also has anti inflammatory properties as well as antibacterial etc. 

Guest MrLynx
On Sunday, April 01, 2018 at 10:17 PM, GuestSingh said:

From personal experience of severe facial and partial body eczema for 18 months, my cure was a detox diet - in other words, as mentioned above, a raw food diet.

No longer have the plan but plenty of different fruit/vegetables, nuts/seeds, grains (rice, quinoa, cous cous etc.) and especially water (good-quality) is what's needed.

The body is at a dis-ease so it needs to be cleaned from the inside. We all need to go back to basics and eat, drink and do what our elders/ancestors/forefathers did. A simple living is now made more complicated by the west that take advantage of the lack of discipline for our tastes of the tongue - Guru ji warns of this yet we still don't listen.

Everyone is different and will have different triggers but the most common ones are already mentioned above (stress, excess processed food) as well as chemicals (irritants) in soaps/lotions and hot air/water - if you're in the UK, look at a water humidifier (some attach to radiators to disperse moist air so the skin doesn't dry out). Also, avoid prescribed medicines, especially steroid-based creams - long-term use thins the skin and causes easily-bruising skin.

You can make a face/hand/body cream by mixing equal amounts of cocoa/shea butter (solid when bought so melt in a bowl over boiling water), olive/avocado/sesame/almond oils and a 1/10 of neem oil e.g. 100ml of butter/oil with 1-2 tsp. of neem - don't worry about the strong smell, it's not turned bad and it'll do the job. Blends the ingredients, let it cool then refrigerate for a few hours so it turns solid. Add an essential oil if you don't like the smell - each one has good medicinal properties. Also, don't forget to sterilise any utensils/dishes first with boiling water to minimise bacteria growth.

This is the best advice for most illnesses.

Gut health & diet is the single most important healing mechanism in nature. 

Healing from chronic diseases often involves complete dietary & lifestyle changes.

Everyone should try juicing for optimum health, you will notice the benefits in weeks!