Need section on Simran/Mediation on forum (For ADMIN)

SadSingh

Reason #8 to start simran/meditation section on this forum 

"In the doubt and delusion of materialism, there is continuous repetition of 'I-mine' which has brought on the devil of ego into our heads. This go with its 'army' of passion (lust), anger, greed, love (attachment), pride etc., has chained and imprisoned us. With the support of this ego on 'I-mine', we subordinating ourselves to materialism, carry out deeds and suffer their effects.

To be safe, from the chronic disease of false ego, Gurbani mentions the one and only method i..e. Simran."

from

brahmbungadodra.org/gurbanivichar?lan=ENGLISH

Reason #9 to start a simran/meditation section on this forum

2. Do simran 

8.5. All other deeds (without God realisation) will be no use to you., Gather together in the company of evolved souls and meditate only on the Naam.

But we have become so engrossed in our personal work or commitments that we have become ignorant, careless or even knowingly ignore “repeat only the Naam” advice.

If we ever attend a satsang, it is for obtaining the fulfillment of some personal worldly needs. 

8.6 Out of millions, hardly anyone is a servant of God; all others are but traders 495
If we have knowingly ignored or forgotten gurbani’s most vital advice it is this 
“SIMRAN”
8.7 O saints, this world has gone astray in doubt.It has forsaken the meditation of the Lords Name & has sold itself to worldly attachments. 684
This is the reason when inspite of reading, listening and preaching gurbani 
our materialistic, mental, spiritual in other words the whole life, being entangled in the falsehood of attachment and materialism is degenerating.

9.1 Being entangles and enmeshed in the love of false occupation, the whole world has perished. 133.

9.2 Good many waves of desire arise in the mind. How can man be delivered at the Lord’s court?

In contrast to this, the tale of the practice of simran by some blessed gurmukhs has been related as follows--

A simple farmer was ploughing his fields.One sadhu, imbued in God’s Naam was passing by. He approached the farmer’s well and asked for water.The farmer, with full of faith and devotion milked his cow, made ‘lasee’ and served it to the sadhu. The sadhu 
was very pleased and said,’ You satiated my hunger and thirst.In return for this I’m going to give you from myself the most important thing..’ Saying this, he made the farmer sit before him and made him repeat Waheguru! Waheguru! Waheguru! and added, “Now carry on meditating like this and see what fruits it will bear.”
Saying this the sadhu left him and the simple farmer started the practice of Waheguru Naam as he was told. Day and night through the practice of simran he achieved a state of bliss and miracluous powers. His fields, with minimum effort flourished more than the rest. His brother enticed his wife away from him. Instead of quarelling with his brother, he thanked the Lord for making his blood brother save him from from maya (worldly attachment).

When he was asked what would happen if he stopped saying ‘Waheguru’ and his heart rendered reply was---
“If I stop saying Waheguru , I will die.”

In this way his life became a reflection of ‘When I say it (Waheguru) I’m alive If I lose it I die’ and he attained spiritual upliftment.

The difference between our so called religious life and that of the simple landowner’s life expectation is this---

1. In the farmers simple innocence was deep faith and devotion that is missing in us. Our faith and belief is usually superficial and easily disappears with the reflection of worldly miracles.
2. The farmer accepted the sadhu’s advice as gospel truth and like the embrace of the blind’ he clutched the ‘Waheguru’ Name and earned it through practice. But we fall into the whirlpool of why? what? How? of simran and throw away our precious time.Without solid faith, we end up in discussions.

2. The farmer, instead of dealing with household problems in his life, gave priority to the advice of the sadhu that is- to the practice of Waheguru Name. But we give priority to our worldly commitments. We has expanded our worldly commitments to such an extent that we has absolutely no time for simran..If we ever try to imitate the activity of simran that is -go into it half-heartedly, our mind becomes so restless.

10.1 As the mind becomes totally involved in its daily commitments, It will not settle even in the kirtan together with the sadh sangat. (Kabet Bhai Gurdas 235)
There are numerous places in gurbani where we are urged to give priority to simran.

10.2 O man remember your protector, The Lord.
Let go all other thoughts, O man. 913

10.3 Contemplate on the One Lord in your mind and seek the shelter of the One Lord.. Establish love with the One Lord. Without Him there is no other place. 961.

10.4 O my tongue, Sing your Lord’s praise.
Abandon all other relishes.(tastes).The Lord’s Name is the best of 
all. 1220

10.5 All your other deeds will be of no value.
Meet the society of evolved souls and meditate on the Name. 12

10.6 Says Kabir, hear O man, shed your mental doubt.
Contemplate only on the Name and seek the shelter of the One 
Lord.692.

4. The farmer focused his mind and body on the simran of the one Word ‘Waheguru’ and reduced his involvement in other chores. But we on the other hand tend to increase our involvement in unnecessary chores.

5. The farmer had internalized this advice -

10 Why do those who realize that they have to depart, make ostentation 787

But we are unnecessarily increasing our volume of wasteful activity just to obtain 
worldly praise or shabas thus wasting away or precious life.

brahmbungadodra.org/gurbanivichar?lan=ENGLISH