superdupersingh

Disease promoting Atta and what to do

On 3/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, jkvlondon said:

The main problem with regular wheat crops is that farmers use roundup just before harvesting to ease collection , round up has the horrible effect of spoiling our ability to absorb any minerals from our food thus what people think is coeliac disease is actually the sideeffects of roundup.

What, really? Do you have any links or are you just surmising?

16 hours ago, BhForce said:

What, really? Do you have any links or are you just surmising?

no I read articles and reports ...will post links when home

On 23/03/2018 at 10:40 AM, GuestSingh said:

Is mixed flour containing millet, chickpea, corn etc. safe? Less fibre and just as much protein (more complete too) but doesn't seem same as the atta us Panjabis regularly use.

This would be a very good idea but you need to be careful to ensure you get grains which have not been genetically manipulated. I know that bajra, sorghum, corn have been researched to create hybridised and genetically modified varieties for example by DuPont. If you can be sure you are getting the real natural variety then go for it, if not then I would avoid.

It's ridiculous how much our staple foods have been tampered with. I'm struggling to find anything which has been left untouched. It's not even enough to just buy 'organic', as I have seen genetically manipulated grains sold under organic certification even in the UK. 

Edited by superdupersingh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/04/2018 at 4:14 PM, superdupersingh said:

This would be a very good idea but you need to be careful to ensure you get grains which have not been genetically manipulated. I know that bajra, sorghum, corn have been researched to create hybridised and genetically modified varieties for example by DuPont. If you can be sure you are getting the real natural variety then go for it, if not then I would avoid.

It's ridiculous how much our staple foods have been tampered with. I'm struggling to find anything which has been left untouched. It's not even enough to just buy 'organic', as I have seen genetically manipulated grains sold under organic certification even in the UK. 

Don't trust any product myself - better to rely on yourself by growing your own food and keeping it simple as much as possible as Guru ji instructs rather than chasing what the whiteys want.

Do you know finger millet? Red in colour (lots of iron) and the glaze after cooking seems different. Common in Rajasthan.

Edited by GuestSingh
Spelling
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

Don't trust any product myself - better to rely on yourself by growing your own food and keeping it simple as much as possible as Guru ji instructs rather than chasing what the whiteys want.

Do you know finger millet? Red in colour (lots of iron) and the glaze after cooking seems different. Common in Rajasthan.

Yes finger millet is very good. You are lucky in India as you can grow your own ancient/heirloom/natural varieties of grains and avoid the genetically modified & hybrid ones. 

Also, the best, most nutritious rice to eat is rakthashali rice which you can get in India. I cannot find it in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1