superdupersingh

Deodorants: Toxic, carcinogenic ingredients and what to do

We are taught that breast cancer most commonly occurs in the upper outer quadrant and this is precisely the location closest to which deodorant is applied. This thought came to me many years ago and since then I've looked at the research and delved more closely into the ingredients of underarm cosmetics. 

You won't be surprised to again find these products full of the same culprits : carcinogens, endocrine disruptors, irritants to name but 3 of their properties. Literally, you can take your pick. Pick up your deodorant and google each ingredient on the label to see what you are putting into your body (skin absorption-->bloodstream/lymph) (You might also like this: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/07/20/dangerous-deodorant-antiperspirant-ingredients.aspx)

The solution is simple:

Use lemon/limes: I cut a small slice of lime everyday and squeeze its juice into my palm then apply to my armpits. It works in controlling body odour.

Deodorants actually worsen body odour so you have to use more and more and buy more and more to mask it, leading to a vicious cycle, at the cost of your pocket and your health . So just quit it.

Address your diet too...avoid poor diets containing processed food/refined sugar/carbs . Eat more raw, organic foods, raw dairy (not pasteurised/homogenised) etc

Also In summer/hot climates its good to have a bath/shower twice a day.

Hope this information is useful and make you more conscious of the products you are using. Remember always read the label, do your research, and if you don't know..avoid it!

(P.s. read my other posts too if you are interested in avoiding other disease promoting products)

Edited by superdupersingh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doesn’t this irritate? 

10 hours ago, superdupersingh said:

Deodorants actually worsen body odour so you have to use more and more and buy more and more to mask it, leading to a vicious cycle, at the cost of your pocket and your health . So just quit it.

And they smell too strong. Same as the overpowering shower gels. 

Don't use any deodorant myself but isn't fresh lemon juice too acidic for the skin?

Baking soda is pH 0 so it would neutralise that and the acidity - mixing the two would increase potency and lessen irritability to sensitive skin.

Seen potatoes used on armpits too.

Also, spices contribute to odour - we should try to use less.

7 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

Seen potatoes used on armpits too.

Aloo ? That would be a bit awkward. If it’s applied whilst wearing a jacket, fer jacket potato banjana 🥔 😛

• Like 1

I use a small amount of freshly squeezed lime juice and no problems. Obviously don't apply if you have cuts or broken skin.

The ph inhibits bacterial growth and complements the natural acid mantle of the skin.

Baking soda will disrupt this acid mantle and cause severe irritation and reactions so I would not recommend it. Also baking soda can be adulterated with aluminium which is toxic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Aloo ? That would be a bit awkward. If it’s applied whilst wearing a jacket, fer jacket potato banjana 🥔 😛

Koi nahi, fikke aloo paronthe suad ai.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, superdupersingh said:

I use a small amount of freshly squeezed lime juice and no problems. Obviously don't apply if you have cuts or broken skin.

The ph inhibits bacterial growth and complements the natural acid mantle of the skin.

Baking soda will disrupt this acid mantle and cause severe irritation and reactions so I would not recommend it. Also baking soda can be adulterated with aluminium which is toxic.

Presumably, unwaxed/organic only? Srays would absorb just like other fruit/veg.

• Like 1

would the lemon/lime juice discolour clothing  as citrus juice in sunlight can yellow or bleach out stains  (have used it this on laundry)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

would the lemon/lime juice discolour clothing  as citrus juice in sunlight can yellow or bleach out stains  (have used it this on laundry)

No. I have not experienced any issues. Give it a try and see. A lot of people use lemon/lime as a natural deodorant including my friends and family. 

If you are adding too much vinegar/lemon/anything acidic into your washing machine then it can cause the colours to fade. I have never needed to put anything acidic into the washing machine as i just use soapnuts.

However, on whites you can use these acidic substances without any risks to your clothes. 

Regarding the deodorant, there aren't any issues unless people have broken skin/cuts in which case i would avoid putting anything on the armpits. I've been doing this for years and don't smell at all. 

After applying the lime juice you could even get a spray bottle add a few drops of essential oil, fill it with water and use. Even rose water. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superdupersingh said:

If you are adding too much vinegar/lemon/anything acidic into your washing machine then it can cause the colours to fade. I have never needed to put anything acidic into the washing machine as i just use soapnuts.

However, on whites you can use these acidic substances without any risks to your clothes. 

Regarding the deodorant, there aren't any issues unless people have broken skin/cuts in which case i would avoid putting anything on the armpits. I've been doing this for years and don't smell at all. 

no I meant to remove a stain I have used neat juice on the garment ...and was worried if there would be a chance of cloth fading in pit area . I know it does a great job on BO I used juice to santise woolen undersuit for my husband's scuba gear ^_^

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

no I meant to remove a stain I have used neat juice on the garment ...and was worried if there would be a chance of cloth fading in pit area . I know it does a great job on BO I used juice to santise woolen undersuit for my husband's scuba gear ^_^

Lol i see. I just checked all of my t shirts etc...no fading in pit area. If you are still worried, i can pay you if this ever happens.O:)

• Haha 1