superdupersingh

Harmful ingredients in Dish soap and detergents - how washing your dishes/clothes can cause disease and what to do

If you've never read or researched the ingredients list on your dishwashing liquid/laundry detergent I suggest you do so now. You're in for a big shock.

They contain:  potent carcinogens, irritants, neurotoxins, endocrine disruptors, volatile organic compounds, fragrances, optical brighteners (aromatic compounds e.g. benzene) to name but a few.

https://branchbasics.com/blog/2018/02/laundry-chemicals/

These nasty chemicals actually stay inside the clothes and you absorb them via breathing them into your lungs and through skin contact.

Regarding dish soap/liquid you probably think you are not eating it so there isn't a problem, right?

WRONG!

The surfactants (reduce surface/interfacial tension between surfaces) actually cause there to be a small residual layer of dish soap after washing the dishes, so therefore the next time you use the dishes you are ingesting small amounts of this residue. This adds up over time. Secondly, you're absorbing the toxic chemicals through skin contact when hand-washing dishes. 

Solution:

Wash dishes with: soapnut/lemon liquid or vinegar/ACV or sand.

Wash clothes with: soapnut liquid. (soapnuts/reetha available online on Ebay/Amazon)

Again another topic where going back to nature will save you from adverse health outcomes. This is a recurring theme. Remember that Guru Ji warned us about following the ways of the world. We are basically committing physical and spiritual suicide if we ignore His advice.

Edited by superdupersingh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, superdupersingh said:

Wash dishes with: soapnut/lemon liquid or white vinegar/ACV or sand.

What’s good for dishwasher? 

I can’t stand the strong washing powders some people use. It’s like they’ve sprayed themselves with loads of aftershave and it’s ewww

Edited by simran345

1 minute ago, simran345 said:

What’s good for dishwasher? 

I can’t stand the strong washing powders some people use. It’s like they’ve sprayed themselves with loads of aftershave and it’s ewwwe 🤧😤🤢

Soapnut liquid could work - 1-2 tsps for smaller loads and 1 tsb for big ones.

Just now, GuestSingh said:

Soapnut liquid could work - 1-2 tsps for smaller loads and 1 tsb for big ones.

Thanks I’ll look into that. Some dishwashers are sensitive to what you use and may effect the functioning of them properly. But I get the eco one, not all that strong fragrances nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thanks I’ll look into that. Some dishwashers are sensitive to what you use and may effect the functioning of them properly. But I get the eco one, not all that strong fragrances nonsense. 

They come in different scents too.

https://www.soapnuts.co.uk/collections/soapnut-soap-and-shampoo/products/soapnut-castile-soap-500ml

Use this one myself as shower gel, shampoo, detergent etc. It works well but doesn't seem to last long enough in my opinion. Appliances may be less wasteful.

• Thanks 1

I make a soapnut liquid by boiling like 40soapnut in 2L of water for about 15-30min. Then I freeze the liquid in ice cube trays. I put a couple of cubes into the washing machine on top of the clothes. Also you can put a small amount of white vinegar in the top drawer as a natural softener if you need to. (Take caution if you are using vinegar with colours as it can fade them. I would only use vinegar with whites)

This can also be used for dishwashers. 

Edited by superdupersingh
  • Like 1