superdupersingh

Best Natural Shampoo (great results) chemical/toxin-free healthy hair for life

So I was looking for a shampoo which wasn't loaded with any toxic chemicals, carcinogens, endocrine disruptors etc and there was nothing on the market, even those labelled as 'chemical-free' and 'organic' failed miserably...

Then I found the solution....I have been using this and it works wonders. I would strongly recommend everyone that uses commercial shampoos to stop since not only are you damaging your hair, you are also absorbing the above chemicals through the scalp into your tissues and bloodstream..leading to systemic effects.

Edited by superdupersingh
  • Thanks 3

I only use a pea size amount of shampoo. Not like slosh the whole bottle over. 

11 hours ago, simran345 said:

I only use a pea size amount of shampoo. Not like slosh the whole bottle over. 

No amount of poison is good.  Try to eliminate it, since even low level chronic exposure is not good and the effects accumulate over time. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, superdupersingh said:

No amount of poison is good.  Try to eliminate it, since even low level chronic exposure is not good and the effects accumulate over time. 

What are your thoughts on pure castile soap like Dr Bronners?

On 23/03/2018 at 9:56 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

What are your thoughts on pure castile soap like Dr Bronners?

Avoid. Harsh on hair and contains citric acid-->GM corn, cancer causing, contaminated with mercury, msg.

Tocopherol-->GM soy, cancer causing.

http://www.nutritionalanarchy.com/2014/04/14/citric-acid-comes/

Edited by superdupersingh
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2018 at 12:29 PM, superdupersingh said:

So I was looking for a shampoo which wasn't loaded with any toxic chemicals, carcinogens, endocrine disruptors etc and there was nothing on the market, even those labelled as 'chemical-free' and 'organic' failed miserably...

Then I found the solution....I have been using this and it works wonders. I would strongly recommend everyone that uses commercial shampoos to stop since not only are you damaging your hair, you are also absorbing the above chemicals through the scalp into your tissues and bloodstream..leading to systemic effects.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh, ji

Sat Sri AKaal ji; can you please type out what the singh ji was suggesting to use other than shampoo? The echo in the video makes the video  a bit hard to understand for me. vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Edited by Preeet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, monatosingh said:

You know back then they used yogurt (dhey) for their hair.

Also mentioned in Puratan Rehatnamai.

I've tried it but it doesn't remove oil from hair and also makes hair smell afterwards. Maybe there is another way I'm not sure. Find out. I've also tried putting ghee in hair but again it makes it smell bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1kg lemon or lime, cut each one into 4 pieces, put into pateela. 

0.5kg soapnuts(reetha), remove seeds, put shells into pateela.

5L water, add to pateela, boil until water reduces to half the quantity. 

Once cool, rub the soapnuts and lemon properly, strain it in a cloth.

Use the liquid as a shampoo. E.g. semi-fill a large bottle, shake it up and use. 

This method produces 2.5L of liquid which is enough for 5 people. Adjust the quantities according to how much final liquid you want, keeping the ratio of lemon:soapnut:water the same. E.g. For 1 person start with this: 400g lime (approx 6 limes), 200g soapnuts (approx 40 soapnut shells), 2L water.

If there is shampoo leftover, put it in the fridge to use the following week. 

• Like 2

As far as I know, bleach is used in the medical industry as it's the only thing that kills tuberculosis, and other viruses with particularly dense protein shells. 

Any natural alternatives in the disinfectant realm that would do the same?

Edit: well couldn't wait so I googled it. Apparently vinegar and peroxide are more effective and TB is a bacteria not a virus. 

Still interested in feedback. 

@jkvlondon @superdupersingh

Thank you both for turning my awareness to the products I've been using. I've been quite lazy and ignorant about my choices. 

Edited by GurjantGnostic

Don't worry we've all been unaware.

Short answer: bleach is really bad especially inhaling the fumes. The safest thing to use is soapnut liquid in a spray bottle. It kills bacteria. I know that white vinegar is popular but I have concerns with it. Don't use peroxide. 

• Thanks 3

On 01/04/2018 at 9:24 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

As far as I know, bleach is used in the medical industry as it's the only thing that kills tuberculosis, and other viruses with particularly dense protein shells. 

Any natural alternatives in the disinfectant realm that would do the same?

Edit: well couldn't wait so I googled it. Apparently vinegar and peroxide are more effective and TB is a bacteria not a virus. 

Still interested in feedback. 

@jkvlondon @superdupersingh

Thank you both for turning my awareness to the products I've been using. I've been quite lazy and ignorant about my choices. 

lemon juice straight has disinfecting effect and white vinegar but as they are acidic may not be suitable on stone surfaces , I use  a spray made with distilled water 20 drops peppermint oil and a couple of drops of neutral nontoxic ecofriendly soap can use the solution for shampoo above . Main thing is to leave the spray on the surface to act for a couple of minutes then wipe with clean damp cloth . Non toxic and cheap

other oils that have good anti bac properties

lemon

lavender

treetree

rosemary

euclyptus  - can use in low temp clothes wash of bedlinens to remove dustmites and allergens

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Thanks 1