Guest Guest

Preet Gill / Chopra as MP for Birmingham Edgbaston

12 hours ago, InderjitS said:

We don't, hence why I used 'if' and my response was more to you stating 'what does it matter'. Considering her father's standing in society and previous active role in Smethwick, I'd be disappointed if she married a Hindu. Without knowing the full facts, I'll leave it at that.

Teek ah Singh. I respect your views. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, BhForce said:

We should merely be concerned with their stance on Sikh issues.

Singh,

I don't understand why you're singling out politicians for special treatment. The same rules apply to anyone claiming to be a Sikh. 

Hypothetically speaking and yes this an extreme example; if in the loosest sense of the word a "Sikh" is raising their voice the loudest for Khalistan, rehai for imprisoned Singh's, justice for genocide, Punjab rights as per Anandpur resolution etc, but is clandestinely visiting brothel's, doing drugs or other illegitimate base activities going against grain of Sikh teachings, would you be happy to be represented by them? I certainly wouldn't.

Please elaborate what was his stance on women, with examples. 

Edited by InderjitS
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, InderjitS said:

I don't understand why you're singling out politicians for special treatment. The same rules apply to anyone claiming to be a Sikh. 

Well, to my mind, I'm actually treating politicians the same. E.g., if a Sikh is loose in rehit, the people around him should gently persuade him to be stricter. Same for politicians.

And, for example, shopkeepers, do you care if a shopkeeper gets up at 1am in the morning to do simran and nitnem? As a customer, you care only if the product is good, and the price is right. Same for politicians.

Please elaborate what was his stance on women, with examples. 

Are you talking about Bahadur Shah? I'm just talking about the general provisions for women in Islam. And then the general stance toward women by rajas, which is basically use and abuse.

But Guru Sahib knew that going in. Does anybody argue that Bahadur Shah was a Gurmukh?

Hypothetically speaking and yes this an extreme example; if in the loosest sense of the word a "Sikh" is raising their voice the loudest for Khalistan, rehai for imprisoned Singh's, justice for genocide, Punjab rights as per Anandpur resolution etc, but is clandestinely visiting brothel's, doing drugs or other illegitimate base activities going against grain of Sikh teachings, would you be happy to be represented by them? I certainly wouldn't.

OK, bro. But let me offer you a hypothetical: You have a leader who is a bajjer kurehiti, apostate. He doesn't follow strictures of religion, but he's a bigshot leader, and he offers us the ability to get our own country. Do you take your country, or do you refuse the country because you wouldn't want it handed to you with a guy loose in rehit?

OK, I lied, it wasn't a hypothetical. I'm talking about the father of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah. As you know, he was basically apostate from Islam, being a lover of pork and wine and all. If the Pakistanis went by the picky standards of some of us, they'd not have a country, but hey, they'd at least not have suffered the ignominy of being led by an apostate.

(By the way, I'm one of the most conservative posters on this board regarding rehit and maryada. But that's for Sikhs as Sikhs, not for politicians as politicians.)

Also, in your hypothetical, what if it's a Hindu Punjabi or other non-Sikh who's doing all that stuff? Then do you care about his personal life?

• Like 4

Guest Indirajit
2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Well, to my mind, I'm actually treating politicians the same. E.g., if a Sikh is loose in rehit, the people around him should gently persuade him to be stricter. Same for politicians.

And, for example, shopkeepers, do you care if a shopkeeper gets up at 1am in the morning to do simran and nitnem? As a customer, you care only if the product is good, and the price is right. Same for politicians.

Are you talking about Bahadur Shah? I'm just talking about the general provisions for women in Islam. And then the general stance toward women by rajas, which is basically use and abuse.

But Guru Sahib knew that going in. Does anybody argue that Bahadur Shah was a Gurmukh?

OK, bro. But let me offer you a hypothetical: You have a leader who is a bajjer kurehiti, apostate. He doesn't follow strictures of religion, but he's a bigshot leader, and he offers us the ability to get our own country. Do you take your country, or do you refuse the country because you wouldn't want it handed to you with a guy loose in rehit?

OK, I lied, it wasn't a hypothetical. I'm talking about the father of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah. As you know, he was basically apostate from Islam, being a lover of pork and wine and all. If the Pakistanis went by the picky standards of some of us, they'd not have a country, but hey, they'd at least not have suffered the ignominy of being led by an apostate.

(By the way, I'm one of the most conservative posters on this board regarding rehit and maryada. But that's for Sikhs as Sikhs, not for politicians as politicians.)

Also, in your hypothetical, what if it's a Hindu Punjabi or other non-Sikh who's doing all that stuff? Then do you care about his personal life?

No BhForce I would much rather prefer to see the Genocide of Sikhs as a numerically weak and politically powerless community so that I can churn out the old RSS-inspired chestnut of "quality over quantity" as me and the RSS know full well that in a democracy small minorities will have no power or political say as a consequence.

My stance then at least allows me to view Sant Ji's shaheed body online and to think that at least the 100 or so Singhs with Sant Ji proved that quality defeats quantity each and every time. I'd rather see Sikhs as a smaller minority!

I look back at 1984 and see it as the greatest victory and I see the last 34 years of glorious Sikh victory thereafter. 

At least I can raise a toast to Pakistan having 200 million people having ethnically cleansed and eradicated their country of Sikhs as I can then point out to the Pakistani's and say that na na "quality is more important than quantity".

Why should Sikhi be spread? Let's restrict it to a tiny minority and then complain of injustice and genocide.

At least I can look backk at KPS Gill and General Brar and think that quality over quantity argument worked.

Best of all I'm happy for the RSS to define anyone with a pulse as Hindu whilst we Sikhs must reduce our numbers.

To be honest I'd much rather see a female Pakistani MP than a Hindu like Preet Gill representing Sikh interests

Guest solihull

Don't follow or have faith in these political figures or leaders. Empower yourselves and stop following these puppets. 

I mean by no means language on this thread is no where near vile as this one below but it seems to be we humans are all affected by same underlining fears, insecurity, hatred and jealously- Us VS them mentality,  who are the victims in both cases- women who have decided to marry person they love. One is journalist below from hindu back ground supporting pro sikh cause narrative one of few besides sunny hundal in media while media is ripping us apart second above politician-preet kaur gill again helping us again raising sikh human right  issue /jaggi case in uk parliament. And not long ago, we went on over drive jagmeet singh and his choice of marriage have various amount of threads talking about their personal lives. Lets talk about their good work , commend them for it than being that insecure douche bag below:

2018-03-28_19-49-47.jpg.208ff419f667109b731de08554a597c9.jpg

Edited by N30S1NGH
  • Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• you are misunderstanding what I am saying SGPC changed the wording like Ram Rai to suit their agenda ...I never maligned mahapurakhs and have total respect for all those you mentioned. It wasn't about positioning which is also important  but the actual Gurbani
    • oh is it.   they wanted around £200 from me about a decade ago, prices must have gone up.   why would naamdharis learn from them when they can learn from naamdhari ustads??
    • loll I really want to wear a chola. I also hate wearing ties and blazers. I try and wear mini hazooria often. Still learning my dumalla, my turban is still anglicised. my sangat and relatives is punjabis, but I would say if they actually followed more punjabi culture it wouldn't harm following sikhi so much as it seems. it's the drunk and uneducated culture that's the harmful stuff, the village <banned word filter activated> mentality.
    •  Today what connects us is not Sikhi but nagar kirtans, akhand paths, turban tieing competitions kabaddi etc..  As you can see there is nothing of substance to hold us together.  These are mostly festivals, no one ones to teach Sikh doctrines.
    • I'm glad one of the Sikh sites have a simran/meditation section because its the core of the dharm.  We need one on this forum, if we don't were going to get further and further from Naam then the only thing we will have is more and more arguments because are mind is not under control   ਜਿਨੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਚੇਤਿਓ ਸੇ ਬਹਣਿ ਨ ਮਿਲਨੀ ਪਾਸਿ ॥ 
      जिनी गुरमुखि नामु न चेतिओ से बहणि न मिलनी पासि ॥ 
      Jinī gurmukẖ nām na cẖeṯi▫o se bahaṇ na milnī pās. 
      Those who do not meditate on the Lord, as Gurmukh, are not permitted to sit near the Lord. 
        ਦੁਖੁ ਲਾਗਾ ਬਹੁ ਅਤਿ ਘਣਾ ਪੁਤੁ ਕਲਤੁ ਨ ਸਾਥਿ ਕੋਈ ਜਾਸਿ ॥ 
      दुखु लागा बहु अति घणा पुतु कलतु न साथि कोई जासि ॥ 
      Ḏukẖ lāgā baho aṯ gẖaṇā puṯ kalaṯ na sāth ko▫ī jās. 
      They suffer the most horrible pain and suffering, and neither their sons nor their wives go along with them.