Massive respect to Khalsa!  After two failed attempts of hunger till death and countless allegations and cursing from the  demoralised Panth, Gurbaksh Singh has finally lived up to what he promised to the Panth and Bandhi Singhs.

In a way this reminds me of the ‘Chaali Mukhte’ where they later realised their mistake and returned to the Guru.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

Massive respect to Khalsa!  After two failed attempts of hunger till death and countless allegations and cursing from the  demoralised Panth, Gurbaksh Singh has finally lived up to what he promised to the Panth and Bandhi Singhs.

In a way this reminds me of the ‘Chaali Mukhte’ where they later realised their mistake and returned to the Guru.  

Very true my brother. I personally was dissappointed after he broke his second hunger strike. The first one i remeber the SGPC and/or akothi jathedar did Gubaksh Singh over with fake promises, but remeber he still managed to remind the world of who the bandi singhs were, people like Gurdeep Singh Khera who had even forgotten how to speak punjabi due to being in karnatka prison for so long! second strike, yeah looks like Gubaksh Singh sold out, end of the day he was a man with a family and despite selling out, he was under a lot of pressure (being hungry, kidnapped etc). But yeh not going to lie i did call him gurbax tillah like the majority of us for the past 3/4 years. but got to give the guy credit, hes given his life for the bandi singhs now, whatever your thoughts on him, he has done more than any of us will ever do for the sangaarsh. Seeing his body with his kesh open yesterday is a stark reminder of the nau jawans that were killed during the movement. sad thing is, we as a kaum will continue to cuss him, do his nindiyah, fight with each other, see our so called role models e.g. people like ajnala devote their lives to fighting with people like dhadriawala (sikh on sikh) while others who have given a lot for the kaum the likes of rana, tara, mintoo, jaggi, shera and raman be locked in jail. Waheguru.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

agree that many folks are speaking trash about Gurbaksh Singh  and they are WRONG to do it ...

• Like 3

Sad news may waheguru bless his soul for his sacrifice and love for the Sikh panth.

Not taking away from his huge efforts and personal sacrifice for our kaum I however I don't understand why our Sikhs do not read Sikh history and realize hungry strikes do not work unless you have a huge following who are willing to riot and destroy the state at your passing.

Master Tara Singh tried the same thing and failed to complete the hungry strikes his followers were in their tens of thousands.

Sant fateh singh did hunger strike for punjabi suba movement and passed away his followers didnt riot on mass and the Indian state carried on as per usual.

In my observation of history there needs to be a credible threat to authority and power of the state if a Sikh leader dies that's only when hungry strikes work. That's why british invading imperialists were scared if M.K Gandhi died during his hungry strikes because they knew his million followers would riot and destroy british rule with wide spread violence, Gandhi had held the peace for the British to leave in a dignified way . Similarly if Sikhs are not ready to willing to risk life and limb to the power structures of Indian rule at the passing of a hungry striking leader then its no point hunger striking.

• Like 2

which leader have we got now who the kaum would go crazy over? Rajoana in 2012 was probably the most popular, but even since then his popularity been diminished due to our dumb people. Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj in 2015 when all the beadbi happened or Bapu Surat Singh's morcha in its peak in july 2015, people came out but once again since then our own 'leaders' have made idiots out of themselves and are too busy kicking off with each other. Gurbaksh Singh was quite a simple man and whatever anyone says, whether he made money or not, he must have had some pyar and dhardh for the bandi singhs.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, genie said:

We can identify these fake leaders as DDT's current leader dhumma, most heads of sgpc and sri akal takht since mid 1990s, akali dal's p.s badal and his family, the late sant longowal, nihung santa singh, the late jagjit chauhan,etc.

If you think that Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma and Jagjit Singh Chauhan were fake leaders you are mistaken.

Baba Harnam Singh has done a lot and still does a lot of work for those Sikhs still in jail, and any other families that come to him for help.

Chauhan has always been a leader of the Khalistan movement. Before the time your dad even got a twinkle in his eye.

For you to badnouth these two esp Chauhan as a fake leader shows you have no clue what you are talkng about. You need to sort yourself out.

12 hours ago, chatanga said:

If you think that Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma and Jagjit Singh Chauhan were fake leaders you are mistaken.

Baba Harnam Singh has done a lot and still does a lot of work for those Sikhs still in jail, and any other families that come to him for help.

Chauhan has always been a leader of the Khalistan movement. Before the time your dad even got a twinkle in his eye.

For you to badnouth these two esp Chauhan as a fake leader shows you have no clue what you are talkng about. You need to sort yourself out.

Chauhan - from what i know, yeah he was the pioneer of khalistan, i remember someone telling me that chauhan was handing out flyers for khalistan way back in the early 70s? also i think he published an advert in the new york times for khalistan and set up an embassy in ecuador? However, didnt he sell out when he returned to punjab? please answer because this is something i dont know the full deal on.

Dhumma - i agree he does good e.g. the shaheedi yaadgar etc, but obvs he aint no sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindrawale and we all know he is linked up to the akalis. izar alam killed a lot of youth and im assuming a lot of those youth were linked to taksal, so how can dhumma justify sitting next to him? 

15 hours ago, genie said:

What we need to work out who is the true Sikh leaders and who are the fake ones who are hand in glove working with the killers of Sikhs.

Many times in Sikh history we have betrayers we did not know their agenda we saw them as upstanding Sikh leaders real heros of the panth. They get elected they get put forward but later we find out they were in the pay and control of foreign non-sikh elements.

We can identify these fake leaders as DDT's current leader dhumma, most heads of sgpc and sri akal takht since mid 1990s, akali dal's p.s badal and his family, the late sant longowal, nihung santa singh, the late jagjit chauhan,etc.

How do you test if they a real Sikh leader? Well if they willing to put their life and liberty on risk and engage in physical confrontations with enemys and/or oppressors of Sikhs. When anti-sikh incidents occur..... so we recongised shaheed sant fateh singh mid 50s, ajk's shaheed bhai fauja singh, shaheed Sant bhindranwale was no congress party slave/puppet he was a true Sikh leader who confronted the govt on abuse of Sikhs and sikhi, we saw bhai mannochal jathedhar of akal takht as a true sikh leader who fought armed battles with the indian armed tyrants, Shaheed bhai sukha and Shaheed bhai jinda, Bhai hawara and bhai rajoana who targeted, avenged and took out successfully the murderers of innocent Sikhs.

agree the last real leader was baba manochahal, he knew the score and knew how things would end up and knew who was real and who was fake, not going to mention names or going to go off topic again lol.

we all go up in arms when someone kills us or does anything big, but have any of us looked at the impact of the small time leaders or heads or jathebandis and the damage they doing? ajnala vs dhadhriawala - massive reprucussions as it makes the taksalis look like taliban (this aint me saying this, i am referring to what your common man in punjab thinks), akjs vs everyone else - causes frictions, causes akjs to be hated while the akj members think they are better than anyone else, the meat eating nihangs/niddar groups - constantly making a jaloos out of themselves, the list goes on - put it all together and see the detriment it is having on the whole kaum. forgive me if i have said anything wrong, but genuinely at the point where i have lost faith in any 'leader' or 'jathebandi'.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, genie said:

I find it too convenient that Jagjit chauhan was able to live freely in the UK without repercussions from margaret thatchers tory government and others while he was issuing threats against india, indira gandhi and organising the Khalistan movement at a time when most Sikhs did not even want Khalistan and were ok with India.

Well, was he a subject of the UK? If so, there's no basis on which he could have been sent to India.