Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Singh1989

A proper meal

Recommended Posts

Do you know how many vitamins there are? If you thought four... there are actually 26 in total. A person's body and health can improve hugely if we eat the right type of food. Brazil nuts, eat three and that'll be over 60% semolina in you. Eat 10 grams of pumpkin seeds that is the same amount! Raw carrots have vitamins A. I can go on BUT...

It's important to consume one portion of steamed vegetable a day. A good portion in fact. Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, parsnips - NO saabji isn't right. It's good, should be consumed but defo not right as it's a hardcore effort to kill all the vitamins they provide. Leave daal (chickpea) in cold water for 24 hours? THAT has more vitamins. This is important for the Gut flora and one can go in society by simply having washed with soap and water, as the diet gives off the fragrance to body.

And for breakfast it important to have breakfast that contains many many vitamins and minerals. Porridge is perfect example. In UK it'll be Ready Brek (or Ready Go from Asda brand). LOOK OUT FOR THE NUTRIENT INFORMATION! It'll mention several vitamins and minerals. THAT is the right porridge you want. ADD to it, 2 tea spoon of Flax seeds. YOU WILL RECIEVE LOADS AND LOADS OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS ALREADY. 

OH and by doing so? every morning you will feel fully awake before dawn, so greatly helps in Amritvela and meditation. Food is important in a meditators life. SORRY to say! But Crisp, chocolate, soft drinks do not give any real vitamins and minerals to the body :( 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Do you know how many vitamins there are? If you thought four... there are actually 26 in total. A person's body and health can improve hugely if we eat the right type of food. Brazil nuts, eat three and that'll be over 60% semolina in you. Eat 10 grams of pumpkin seeds that is the same amount! Raw carrots have vitamins A. I can go on BUT...

It's important to consume one portion of steamed vegetable a day. A good portion in fact. Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, parsnips - NO saabji isn't right. It's good, should be consumed but defo not right as it's a hardcore effort to kill all the vitamins they provide. Leave daal (chickpea) in cold water for 24 hours? THAT has more vitamins. This is important for the Gut flora and one can go in society by simply having washed with soap and water, as the diet gives off the fragrance to body.

And for breakfast it important to have breakfast that contains many many vitamins and minerals. Porridge is perfect example. In UK it'll be Ready Brek (or Ready Go from Asda brand). LOOK OUT FOR THE NUTRIENT INFORMATION! It'll mention several vitamins and minerals. THAT is the right porridge you want. ADD to it, 2 tea spoon of Flax seeds. YOU WILL RECIEVE LOADS AND LOADS OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS ALREADY. 

OH and by doing so? every morning you will feel fully awake before dawn, so greatly helps in Amritvela and meditation. Food is important in a meditators life. SORRY to say! But Crisp, chocolate, soft drinks do not give any real vitamins and minerals to the body :( 

 

That is great information. Shukria. 

However I had heard steaming vegetables removes nutrients? Not as bad as boiling etc. I guess it depends on what you mean by steamed. Cooking in a pan briefly with a bit of water, then consuming it all is different than using a steamer where nutrients are left behind in the water. 

Again. Shukria. 

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

However I had heard steaming vegetables removes nutrients? Not as bad as boiling etc. I guess it depends on what you mean by steamed.

I thought it was the other way round, that boiling loses more nutrients than steaming? That’s what it says on some health websites. 

Can I add this information too please: 

https://patient.info/health/healthy-eating/features/eating-more-fruit-and-vegetables

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, simran345 said:

I thought it was the other way round, that boiling loses more nutrients than steaming? That’s what it says on some health websites. 

Can I add this information too please: 

https://patient.info/health/healthy-eating/features/eating-more-fruit-and-vegetables

 

Yes. I meant originally that boiling you lose the most, but depending on how you steam, you lose less than boiling, but some. If you use a water steamer set up where the water stays behind, underneath. Vs steam as in cook in pan with tiny bit of water and consume it all where you lose the least. 

I just wasn't sure what @Singh1989 meant by steamed vegetables in his really good post. 

We agree I'm pretty sure. I just didn't say it very well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Yes. I meant originally that boiling you lose the most, but depending on how you steam, you lose less than boiling, but some. If you use a water steamer set up where the water stays behind, underneath. Vs steam as in cook in pan with tiny bit of water and consume it all where you lose the least. 

I just wasn't sure what @Singh1989 meant by steamed vegetables in his really good post. 

We agree I'm pretty sure. I just didn't say it very well. 

Yep, there’s different ways of steaming and I guess that makes a difference to the nutrients also. I’ve been meaning to buy a steamer for ages but never got round to it. I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile or if it doesn’t make that much of a difference to boiling them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MrDoaba apni bheneh di maadi jehi help hulp karde. Steamer buy kara? Je tere vangar main v fry pen ch thorke layi java? Do you have a steamer, any good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, simran345 said:

@MrDoaba apni bheneh di maadi jehi help hulp karde. Steamer buy kara? Je tere vangar main v fry pen ch thorke layi java? Do you have a steamer, any good? 

Hmm we've had a steamer for years, never used it. Ki ehvi kasmaan pauna steamer da. Unless you're gonna steam a lot then just use patila and chaanani.

Fry pan vaala kam chakki jaa, banda ehhhhnuuuu set renda.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, simran345 said:

I thought it was the other way round, that boiling loses more nutrients than steaming? That’s what it says on some health websites. 

Can I add this information too please: 

https://patient.info/health/healthy-eating/features/eating-more-fruit-and-vegetables

 

Oh yes! Thanks Simran. More knowledge the better. Fruits does miraculous things to the body :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Monatosingh replied. The rope is strategic in many ways. Out in the wild and need to make weapons, you may need rope. Need to make a little makeshift roof, you need rope. Need to tie anything together for the purpose of surviving, you will always need rope.   Dori also saves the issue of gatra breaking, etc
    • Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Parkash is disputed between 3 Dates Friday, Katak Sudi 15 Pooranmashi, 1526 Bikrami (Lunar) Saturday, Vaisakh Sudi 3, 1526 Bikrami (Lunar) (Not Pooranmashi) Monday, 1 Vaisakh, 1526 Bikrami (Solar Date) (Pooranmashi) There is debate on this issue, I recommend reading the document mentioned in the OP. Also PLS, Benti for everyone, when referring to Gurpuabs, pls use Bikrami or Mool Nanakshahi (Which are basically Bikrami dates) dates, don't use English dates as they are not accurate as the original. We need more people to start using Desi Months and days, Barah Maha Parro!
    • Serious question though, how would one use a Dori Kirpan practically? Like how would it be used? I think thats why some people say its just for show because maybe you can't use it well? I wouldn't know.
    • Sometimes we use the phrase "Just do it" in the Dojo. Other times we say "Shut up and train".  Heh. 
    • Exactly. Oh, so it's not a made-up saakhi? Even if it were, it would be good. It sounds vaguely like the saakhi of Bhai Banno. I agree that it is unreasonable to demand discounts of shopkeepers because "it's for a religious purpose". They can't verify that. You're trading on your long beard to make the other guy think you're "religious". You're just setting it up for unscrupulous people with beards to come by and abuse it, which then gets found out, and then people lose faith in Sikhs and Sikhi. On the other hand, it would be OK for a gurdwara to put out the call for construction materials, legal services, accounting services, medical services (free medical camps). Then people can verify it's for a religious purpose because they're giving directly to the gurdwara. And then sawmill owners can drop off wood at the gurdwara, marble showroom owners can drop off marble, etc. Or people in fields not in demand can buy the stuff (possibly at cost) and have it delivered to the gurdwara.
×