jkvlondon

IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS : Patiala University Librarian caught destroying/selling Sikh rare manuscripts

University students catch the wholesale disposal of rare sikh  Manuscripts, books and pothian  and stop it

Honestly if we can't do anything at least we can support these guys to catch and recover , maybe buy safety for these important artifacts

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We can donate to help preserve the little history we have left.

http://www.panjabdigilib.org/webuser/Donate/getpayerinfo.jsp

https://www.justgiving.com/panjabdigitallibrary

Remember watching a short documentary on the digitisation process at PDL - they've got the materials and equipment but it seems time-consuming. Investment could make this easier and produce even higher-quality images.

• Thanks 1

Vahiguroo Jio kirpa  so 5 bhoot maya minds totally uprooted, disappear, weakened...so no more evil from such_/\_

Edited by sitokaur

2 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

We can donate to help preserve the little history we have left.

http://www.panjabdigilib.org/webuser/Donate/getpayerinfo.jsp

https://www.justgiving.com/panjabdigitallibrary

Remember watching a short documentary on the digitisation process at PDL - they've got the materials and equipment but it seems time-consuming. Investment could make this easier and produce even higher-quality images.

sorry but who exactly are these people , and what do they do to the originals ? I'd rather take the originals out of the country altogether have pothi sewa do the rebinding/repairs and digital capture and have multiple servers to serve world community . The projects paid for by daswand not particular organisations acting like they OWN the originals .

22 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

sorry but who exactly are these people , and what do they do to the originals ? I'd rather take the originals out of the country altogether have pothi sewa do the rebinding/repairs and digital capture and have multiple servers to serve world community . The projects paid for by daswand not particular organisations acting like they OWN the originals .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvOAEpDgMQQ - think this is just one part of that documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmhtKy0mrs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj6uz7uvIw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4YRmxMxwog

On 3/16/2018 at 10:55 AM, jkvlondon said:

They are part of sikhri harinder singh based out of US. Not a good guy at all. Too many controversies surrounding him. Punjab’s PDL started by him but I guess they are bit independent but I WILL never trust them. 

5 hours ago, S1ngh said:

They are part of sikhri harinder singh based out of US. Not a good guy at all. Too many controversies surrounding him. Punjab’s PDL started by him but I guess they are bit independent but I WILL never trust them. 

Isn't he the same guy spearheading the free Akal Takhat movement? Had no idea he started PDL and what controversies..

6 hours ago, S1ngh said:
On 3/16/2018 at 11:25 PM, jkvlondon said:

Yes, Sikhri is organization that sowed doubt about the Dohra read after ardas (Guru manyo Granth ... raj karega Khalsa...), in addition to other things in a curriculum prepared for Sikh kids in the US.

I also would like to know what the motivation behind PDL is. Who is funding it? And what's the end game?

Will they start charging for access at a certain time?

It would be better for a neutral organization, like the SGPC, to digitize documents, and make them available for free for all the Sangat. We (Sikhs in general) already pay for the SGPC. The SGPC probably already has a good deal on its Internet upload access from their HQ in Amritsar, so why should the sangat have to pay another private organization (the PDL) for access to manuscripts?

13 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I don't know much about him but he sets my spidey sense tingling every time I see him

SGPC????? unbiased really is any sikh that naive or uninformed ...they sold our heritage to private collectors abroad, or just connived with anti-sikh elements to destroy original physical places by 'karsewa' REPLACING THE BRICKS AND MORTAR EVEN SOIL soaked with energy and memories with blank white beeping marble

They have been destroying and distorting our historical literature for a long time. It is a coordinated and calculated effort. If it is destroyed then we can be more easily managed and moulded into how they want. 

Much like how they bombed Dresden in WW2 and removed all the artwork from the museum before the bombing, so they could say it was all destroyed in the fire, but it was moved into private hands and vaults in Switzerland. Similarly,  in 1984 they removed all the contents of the sikh reference library before burning it down so no-one would know what they did. 

2 minutes ago, superdupersingh said:

They have been destroying and distorting our historical literature for a long time. It is a coordinated and calculated effort. If it is destroyed then we can be more easily managed and moulded into how they want. 

Much like how they bombed Dresden in WW2 and removed all the artwork from the museum before the bombing, so they could say it was all destroyed in the fire, but it was moved into private hands and vaults in Switzerland. Similarly,  in 1984 they removed all the contents of the sikh reference library before burning it down so no-one would know what they did. 

however some vigilant sikhs did manage to get some of the volumes back from their temporary storage but the bulk was sold on , much like the antiquities the Gandi familiy sell abroad after stealing from India

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

however some vigilant sikhs did manage to get some of the volumes back from their temporary storage but the bulk was sold on , much like the antiquities the Gandi familiy sell abroad after stealing from India

What they are doing is completely futile. I remember listening to katha by Giani Harbhajan Singh Dhudikey where he says that they tried to remove the insignia of guru nanak dev ji from a rock (i think it was a handprint) and chiselled it away. The next day, the handprint reappeared in the rock, to their shock and dismay. They won't learn their lesson until its too late for them. 

12 minutes ago, superdupersingh said:

What they are doing is completely futile. I remember listening to katha by Giani Harbhajan Singh Dhudikey where he says that they tried to remove the insignia of guru nanak dev ji from a rock (i think it was a handprint) and chiselled it away. The next day, the handprint reappeared in the rock, to their shock and dismay. They won't learn their lesson until its too late for them. 

they tried to destroy Gurdwara Sis Ganj Dellhi in 1984 , they paraded our naked mothers and daughters there  this is level of people we are dealing with , they have no decency , no shame they are the lowest of the low and the reason they are doing this is they know that Kalyug Baba/Guru is was and will always be Guru Nanak Dev Gobind SIngh ji  and their days are numbered, instead of planning to become worthy chele they planned like fools  to destroy the undying panth

'when one khalsa falls , two will rise up ' mukhvak Guru Gobind SIngh ji  .

Whatever Guru ji utters so will come to pass ... there will be no hindu raj or muslim raj , there will be one caste -humanity  one belief- the truth one  mission - Waheguru ...

this governance of evil across the planet is destroying the soil, the water of our planet for imaginary wealth ...numbers on a screen ....it is so pathetic : time to brush up survival skills, warrior skills, leadership skills, herbal/plant knowledge , become strong mentally , physically and become prepared . Our children and their children have to be aware  and ready for the hard times .

• Like 1