Would you (Sikh's) find it offensive if a non-Sikh person were to wear a turban type headscarf?

Guest .....

Guest .....

As a non- Sikh Caucasian I am extremely curious (and cautious) as to what you guys think about the fact of non-Sikh (regardless of race) wearing turban type headwraps. I've always adored the headwraps/ turbans that I have seen people wearing around the city, and had always wondered what it would be like to wear them. 

1 hour ago, Guest ..... said:

As a non- Sikh Caucasian I am extremely curious (and cautious) as to what you guys think about the fact of non-Sikh (regardless of race) wearing turban type headwraps. I've always adored the headwraps/ turbans that I have seen people wearing around the city, and had always wondered what it would be like to wear them. 

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't mind, and would encourage it, even.

There are some that would, I think. Those are the ones that think Sikhs "own" the turban. But they don't.

Sikhs did not invent the turban. It was pre-existing. The Gurus merely made it mandatory to preserve what is seen as a element of dignity.

Guest Real TURBANATOR

Be our guest.

Turbans were around centuries before sikhs adopted them. When the mughal tyrnats ruled over India in 15th century, only they were allowed to wear them. Average joe would be killed if they donned one. This is why Gurus encouraged all sikhs to wear the crown, not just royalty.

4 hours ago, Guest ..... said:

BhForce ji did a great job of answering. 

Let me ask this, if I may.  What are your feelings regarding becoming a Sikh?