First language of the Guru's

Premi5

Guest GuestSingh
1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Not true. Even in some families now. The tradition of baata (riddles) and night time stories from the elders exist. Most kids used to look forward to that time of sharing stories and riddles. There were also the songs, i forget wat their called, that were sung at all occasions. Where old ladies sing at weddings wjthout instruments. And women had a tradition of meeting up to weave, and spin and of singing/talking whike doing charka etc. Not to mention maraasis who were like the local comedians, singers etc.

Also my nani tells me. People esp.women never used to curse using bad words but used to be very creative. Like may u get a.noh and then she will show u ur place. May ur house be filled with workers, ( implying so u have no time to waste but have to make 50 rotis a day).

That's what was meant by family occasions - you've explained in more detail.

Although life has always been difficult with many having very little, just wonder whether constant foreign invasions made the public more alert and stressed and short with words like much of society is today

Think the women folk songs/dances are called gidha.

On 17/03/2018 at 11:57 AM, GuestSingh said:

That's what was meant by family occasions - you've explained in more detail.

Although life has always been difficult with many having very little, just wonder whether constant foreign invasions made the public more alert and stressed and short with words like much of society is today

Think the women folk songs/dances are called gidha.

Its not gidha its something else. Starts with a b. Or something