Examples of Peshi being used historically?

7 hours ago, BhForce said:

What? Then what does it prove?

You were asking about peshi. Peshi means presentment.

Presenting yourself before the Sikh power (Jathedar of Akal Takhat, or possibly local panj piyare).

You present yourself, and that's peshi.

Why do you say that peshi was recently introduced? First of all, do you even accept the concept of bajjer kurehit? 

I didn't say it was recently introduced I simply asked if if had been used before.

9 hours ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

I may be wrong but I heard that maharaja Ranjit singh was whipped and had to go pesh for dying his beard. 

Maharaja Ranjit Singh was whipped for marrying a musalmani

It was Jussa Singh Ramgharia who was punished for dying his beard. The incident is mentioned in katha by Sant Mohan Singh Bhindranwala jatha bhindran.

1 hour ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

I doubt that very much bro, as much as i would like to believe that

I do not think he would have been allowed Singh title otherwise plus it would have been dereliction of duty by his folks less likely given His Dad was jathedar of Misl (lead by example and all that) , later he may have slipped in rehit as many 'kings' did due to copying habits (kanjarpana) of hindu kings

5 hours ago, BhForce said:

That's fine.

All I'm asking to continue the conversation is if you believe in the concept of bajjar kurehit?

Yes, I believe in the concept of bajjar kurehit and why it is disallowed for a Sikh as well as the negativities they bring.

Though my question is, has it been recorded in history where an amritdhari Sikh is punished for commiting them?

I am not contradicting anything. I respect maryada but I am just casually asking if it has happened in history.

I am not going to commit a bajjar kurehit and think that peshi is not a thing, if that's what you guys were thinking.

• 4 years later...
On 3/12/2018 at 1:13 AM, Prokharkoo84 said:

I doubt that very much bro, as much as i would like to believe that

On what basis do you doubt that? All the Sikh fighters would take khanda amrit. Now, you might suppose that some "shardaloos" who liked Guru Nanak ji didn't take amrit, but it doesn't make sense that such a person would take the risk in becoming a warrior but be afraid to take amrit.