What was the initial reason for humans being caught in the cycle of reincarnation

TejS

2 minutes ago, TejS said:

I just think that there has to be a reason for which we've been subjected to this cycle. And I personally think that if we were aware of our past mistakes, we would act more fruitfully towards repentance through our lifetimes. 

For whatever reason, He wants the creation to continue, so if the the creation has to continue, there has to be imperfections in it, for if everyone remembered in this present life for which past mistakes/karmas, he/she  is getting the fruits in this life, one would avoid in doing or repeating them, and there would be a time, that creation would cease to exist.

One thing is clear, we are here sure for our karmas, and He out of His infinite Kirpa, has given us the choice of getting out from this maha bhavsagar, for those who are fed up from the pain and misery of this mayavee creation before He winds up back His play.

And this chance, is given only to human beings, to hold on to  Wahiguru Akal Purukh´s Name through bhakti, and get out from the planes of koor, for once and forever,  to His realm of eternal unchangeable Truth, namely Sach Khand.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 hours ago, TejS said:

I just think that there has to be a reason for which we've been subjected to this cycle. And I personally think that if we were aware of that reason or our past mistakes, we would act more fruitfully towards repentance through our lifetimes. 

I believe the opposite. Knowing human nature and the way our minds function, I think it's a good thing that we don't have specific recollections of our past deeds, in as much as we won't be tempted to behave cynically in order to "do good" if we were to know the specific details for determining the reasons for erasing those previous misdeeds, and I feel this is a deliberate act on the part of our Creator. In essence, we are currently acting without vested interests on a karmic level. Yes, on some instinctive level most people realise that goodness is preferable to bad, and we somehow feel that if we follow this rule even in the most crudest of forms, we will be closer to God than if our life erred towards the other, darker end of the spectrum.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is this: if we were somehow aware of everything from our previous existences -- and therefore aware of what exactly we needed to do in order to pay off those debts -- we wouldn't do good by battling with our conscience and weighing up our choices (which is the way we function currently), but instead all our goodness wouldn't be selfless and would instead be automated; it'd be driven by a desire to do good for the sake of progression, and not because it's something we truly feel to be the correct course of action as a decision and something's that's arrived upon organically through using our budhi. The Creator is absolutely spot-on with how much he's given us non-Brahmgyanis to work with. It's all part of the plan. It is very, very difficult, though.

3 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

everyone remembered in this present life for which past mistakes/karmas, he/she  is getting the fruits in this life, one would avoid in doing or repeating them, and there would be a time, that creation would cease to exist.

What about if we just focus on this life and try not to make mistakes? 

We see history repeating itself despite seeing or understanding how and why it has repeated itself.. 

6 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

For whatever reason, He wants the creation to continue, so if the the creation has to continue, there has to be imperfections in it, for if everyone remembered in this present life for which past mistakes/karmas, he/she  is getting the fruits in this life, one would avoid in doing or repeating them, and there would be a time, that creation would cease to exist.

One thing is clear, we are here sure for our karmas, and He out of His infinite Kirpa, has given us the choice of getting out from this maha bhavsagar, for those who are fed up from the pain and misery of this mayavee creation before He winds up back His play.

And this chance, is given only to human beings, to hold on to  Wahiguru Akal Purukh´s Name through bhakti, and get out from the planes of koor, for once and forever,  to His realm of eternal unchangeable Truth, namely Sach Khand.

Sat Sree Akal.

But can't creation exist without a material world? Isn't being in Sach Khand living, existing?

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I believe the opposite. Knowing human nature and the way our minds function, I think it's a good thing that we don't have specific recollections of our past deeds, in as much as we won't be tempted to behave cynically in order to "do good" if we were to know the specific details for determining the reasons for erasing those previous misdeeds, and I feel this is a deliberate act on the part of our Creator. In essence, we are currently acting without vested interests on a karmic level. Yes, on some instinctive level most people realise that goodness is preferable to bad, and we somehow feel that if we follow this rule even in the most crudest of forms, we will be closer to God than if our life erred towards the other, darker end of the spectrum.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is this: if we were somehow aware of everything from our previous existences -- and therefore aware of what exactly we needed to do in order to pay off those debts -- we wouldn't do good by battling with our conscience and weighing up our choices (which is the way we function currently), but instead all our goodness wouldn't be selfless and would instead be automated; it'd be driven by a desire to do good for the sake of progression, and not because it's something we truly feel to be the correct course of action as a decision and something's that's arrived upon organically through using our budhi. The Creator is absolutely spot-on with how much he's given us non-Brahmgyanis to work with. It's all part of the plan. It is very, very difficult, though.

Great perspective! I didn't think of it that way to be honest. I overlooked that Waheguru expects us to act genuinely, rather than out of self-interest. Makes sense to me now. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

What about if we karmasocus on this life and try not to make mistakes? 

We see history repeating itself despite seeing or understanding how and why it has repeated itself.. 

Absolutely right.  This birth as human beings has been given to us, to as well focus carefully  on this very life and to erase all our karmas with the water of His kirpa by engaging ourselves deeply in His bhakti alone.

That is His beant wadeeayee.

Sat Sree Akal.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:59 AM, TejS said:

But can't creatiWahiguruist without adayterial world? Isn't being in Sach Khand living, existing?

Apart from the material plane, the creation exists on non material planes, such as astral, causal and sub-spiritual planes.

The soul is immortal , and is related to Wahiguru, just as a drop of water to the Ocean, or just as a ray of Sun, to the very Sun.

It may look like that the Sunlight we get from the Sun in the form of rays, are different and separate from the Sun, but at the end of the day they return and merge in the Sun without any distinction.

We appear to be in diversity here due to our association with maya mind and matter, thus we are individuals.

But there in Sach Khand only Wahiguru exists, thus whosoever reaches there by His kirpa, merges and becomes one with Him.

There is no way to trace any individual souls there, for there, only and only Wahiguru Akal Purukh exists.

Sat Sree Akal.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 3:59 AM, TejS said:

But can't creation exist without a material world? Isn't being in Sach Khand living, existing?

Who says creation can not exist without the material one, of course it does, for example the astral one,  or even the still finer one, which is the causal one, but you see the material has to exist also, if only the jeevas in the creation have to reunite themselves with Wahiguru...

Otherwise let us ask ourselves, if it was so, why would Guru Sahiban come at our human level? You see even the deities, devis, devtays, gods, etc, in the finer realms can not achieve union with Him, until first been born as humans, and do His bhakti with His kirpa.

The Bani clearly says,  you have got the chance to meet Gobind, Wahiguru Akal Purukh,  by getting the form of a human being.

Bhayee Prapat Manukh Dehuriya, Gobind Milan Ki Eho Teri Bariya.

Sat Sree Akal.

5 minutes ago, MahadrasSingh said:

There is a shabad in SGGSJi I remember that says how the universe is like a bubble in an infinite cauldron and as it boils bubbles  (universes) form, rise and pop back into the cauldron. Our universe is one of many, when it "ends" it will return to the cauldron and be used to form a new universe. I'll link if I can find the shabad.

I guess that makes sense. Would souls who have been liberated remain merged?