Indian In-laws

Guest 2018

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

21 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Take amrit whenever you are ready.

Secondary School meant nothing to me when I took amrit, some people say it's like an obstance since you have to balance out your spiritual life and physical life, which doesn't even make any sense since I would put way more into my spirituality.

It's good to remain tyar bar tyar, anything can be a weapon! Your house key, it can easily damage one's eye. The compass you use for your mathematics class, someone from my school got stabbed in their shoulder blade by it.

It depends on how brave you are to actually use them. Some key ways to practice is to fasten up your impact with the shastar (how quick you can move it).

The sharper the shastar, the better. Always aim for key areas that can injure the person severely, not kill them! This includes somewhere near the legs, as it will slow down the attacker. Refrain from going anywhere near lungs/heart/etc.

I can get why people say that secondary school is an obstacle its because its where you are constantly surrounded by bad Sangat and the school only teach 2 religions: Christianity and Islam. That's why I always get told off in RE for constantly talking about Sikhi. I am still doing parchar because I am teaching my class about Sikhi. I want to be a parcharik when I get older.

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

@monatosingh veerji are you doing GCSE Punjabi? It may sound like a really random question but I'm just curious because I am doing GCSE Punjabi and not a lot of people do it nowadays. I still have to do GCSE French but if I do good on Punjabi then I'll just not pay attention in French because I'll already have a GCSE in another language. I am currently practising and I'm sorta scared about the writing but I think I'll do alright on the reading and I can speak Punjabi just fine and the listening test should be no problem. I actually learnt how to read and write Punjabi from Basics Of Sikhi. If you aren't doing it but have to do another language (eg: French, Spanish or German) then substitute it for Punjabi.  

VJKK VJKF

12 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

@monatosingh veerji are you doing GCSE Punjabi? It may sound like a really random question but I'm just curious because I am doing GCSE Punjabi and not a lot of people do it nowadays. I still have to do GCSE French but if I do good on Punjabi then I'll just not pay attention in French because I'll already have a GCSE in another language. I am currently practising and I'm sorta scared about the writing but I think I'll do alright on the reading and I can speak Punjabi just fine and the listening test should be no problem. I actually learnt how to read and write Punjabi from Basics Of Sikhi. If you aren't doing it but have to do another language (eg: French, Spanish or German) then substitute it for Punjabi.  

VJKK VJKF

WJKK WJKF

Well, if I recall correctly when I picked my options I had to pick the eback (or whatever it's called) pathway.

This meant I had to choose either Spanish or French (yuck).

However, they said if I show them proof that I know another language (Punjabi), I wouldn't need to pick a language.

I attend after-school Punjabi classes and I am doing GCSE in that class.

I don't see why it's only Spanish and French we can choose, sure they are one of the most spoken languages "in the UK", but that figure can change any time.

WJKK WJKF

On 13/03/2018 at 7:56 AM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I also wear one of those sharp kara's. I want to get a thicker one though, this is my current one. Vaisakhi's coming up so when I go to the Vaisakhi mela I'll probably get one then.

Sorry for the bad quality its hard to take pictures in front of my laptop.

VJKK VJKF

Ye I am thinking of getting a dumalla Chakar and possible hajooria when Vaisakhi Mela arrives.

On 13/03/2018 at 8:04 AM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I can get why people say that secondary school is an obstacle its because its where you are constantly surrounded by bad Sangat and the school only teach 2 religions: Christianity and Islam. That's why I always get told off in RE for constantly talking about Sikhi. I am still doing parchar because I am teaching my class about Sikhi. I want to be a parcharik when I get older.

VJKK VJKF

I wanted to be a parcharik too (of some sort), but like at first I wanted it as my only job but now my decision has changed. 

If not, then I want to do pehradaar seva of a Mahapurakh.

On 13/03/2018 at 7:46 AM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Very true, I also keep a metal danda next to my bed, my kirpan is also near to hand. Talking about my kirpan, it actually needs sharpening I'll probably sharpen it today. Before using my Shastar I would probably use my fists (I do MMA) then, as a last resort, I would use my Shastar. Someone in my school got stabbed with a scissor in their leg.

VJKK VJKF

When the school don't give a **** about you wearing a Kirpan (like they did to me), start wearing a small shastar in your pocket (perhaps a small kitchen knife if you can't find a suitable weapon, or a pocket knife)

Sometimes it takes a while to take the initial kirpan out of the gatra, but you can get those gatra's that have buttons instead of stitches.

1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

When the school don't give a **** about you wearing a Kirpan (like they did to me), start wearing a small shastar in your pocket (perhaps a kitchen knife, or a pocket knife)

Sometimes it takes a while to take the initial kirpan out of the gatra, but you can get those gatra's that have buttons instead of stitches.

Kitchen knife:rofl 

Made my day

So who are these stabbing other people with compasses and scissors in schools? Are they from other countries where they had no health and safety lessons or is it with a motive to hurt others? It could just be to take frustration out on others. I would say secondary does seem scary as it seems animals have been throw in together. 

I know of people who have transferred away from my sons school and he is still in primary  - they were getting bullied in the playground and the school did nothing about it. sad...

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

8 hours ago, monatosingh said:

When the school don't give a **** about you wearing a Kirpan (like they did to me), start wearing a small shastar in your pocket (perhaps a kitchen knife, or a pocket knife)

I am getting a smaller Shastar to keep on me all the time from the Vaisakhi Mela. I go every year and I probably will wear my patka or attempt to tie a dastar (although YouTube videos are not really helping).  You could probably find me in the Darbar Tent (although its ALWAYS sooo packed) :p We always matha tek first then we go to buy stuff. I will save up my own money just to buy Shastar.

WJKK WJKF

Well, if I recall correctly when I picked my options I had to pick the eback (or whatever it's called) pathway.

This meant I had to choose either Spanish or French (yuck).

However, they said if I show them proof that I know another language (Punjabi), I wouldn't need to pick a language.

I attend after-school Punjabi classes and I am doing GCSE in that class.

I don't see why it's only Spanish and French we can choose, sure they are one of the most spoken languages "in the UK", but that figure can change any time.

WJKK WJKF

I have to do French and once I do Punjabi and (maharaj kirpa) get a good grade then I will just use French as a doss lesson. Its meant to be a "modern foreign language" but I don't hear anyone in the UK speaking French!

Ye I am thinking of getting a dumalla Chakar and possible hajooria when Vaisakhi Mela arrives.

I want to get loads of Shastars but my mum will probably think that I'm going to hurt someone but if I ask my granddad then guaranteed he will get me that Shastar.

I wanted to be a parcharik too (of some sort), but like at first I wanted it as my only job but now my decision has changed. 

If not, then I want to do pehradaar seva of a Mahapurakh.

I want to be a parcharak as a part time job but have my "professional" job as a neurologist probably just for my mum and dads satisfaction.

VJKK VJKF

15 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

I am getting a smaller Shastar to keep on me all the time from the Vaisakhi Mela. I go every year and I probably will wear my patka or attempt to tie a dastar (although YouTube videos are not really helping).  You could probably find me in the Darbar Tent (although its ALWAYS sooo packed) :p We always matha tek first then we go to buy stuff. I will save up my own money just to buy Shastar.

Ah, do you go to the one that occurs at Handsworth Park?

I mean, all the mele I went to have all tents packed.