Re-release of 'Nanak Shah Fakir' , chalked in for 13th April

jkvlondon

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

you are misunderstanding what I am saying SGPC changed the wording like Ram Rai to suit their agenda ...I never maligned mahapurakhs and have total respect for all those you mentioned. It wasn't about positioning which is also important  but the actual Gurbani

Oh, I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think you are referring to the corrections to the actual Manglacharans themselves, right?

I don't know what agenda SGPC had, but technically, that general idea was also supported by scholars.

If you do Sehaj Paath or Akhand Paath, you will notice even in today's printed saroops that there is a general rule:

Full Mool Mantar Manglacharan when a new Raag starts.

Small Manglacharan when the Mehla or the Ghar changes.

If there was a Manglacharan, the Raag + Mahala would start with ਰਾਗੁ.

These are more noticable in early Puratan Birs.

It's really interesting when you get into this, but it's a really big grey area.

This also reminds me that there was once 3 Singhs who came up to Talwara Ji and claimed he was changing Gurbani. He requested that they come into a room with a Chalk board. After the end of the day, the Singhs left with no doubt in thier minds.

These were done by scholars with good intentions and good faith.

I'm just trying to show the other side of the argument, trying to explain the context behind it.

• 5 months later...

I watched it on Amazon and it's an amazing movie!  I really couldn't see what all the controversy was about? I actually wanna watch it for the 3rd time lol.   Guru Nanak is lots of bright light in the shape of a person wearing a chola    you can hardly even make out the outline in most shots ... 

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, Akal Warrior said:

The movie is amazing. It is very inspiring ,  especially to people who don't know about Sikhism . The only people who are crying about it are the ones who haven't seen it. You're trying to nitpick every little thing, then why do you not do that at your local Gurdwara when Samparda Singhs do Katha that doesn't line up with your views? Or Nihangs? Or Taksal? Or Nanaksar? Or missionary? 

Bro. In the other thread you didn't mention you're a Sikhism kinda guy already.

Off chance your name is Kiran?

Btw its free to watch on youtube now.

Having seen it I was quite disappointed to be honest not the high budget epic or controversial film i thought it would be. Very mild and politically correct.

I think we need more films on the guru's proper giving the sermons to the wrong doers.