Re-release of 'Nanak Shah Fakir' , chalked in for 13th April

jkvlondon

1 hour ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Probably, though the Gurus didn't object or discriminate against Sehajdhari Sikhs, who later in history helped the Khalsa, during the most difficult of times. But, being born in a Sikh family and having no serious threat or difficulty, keeping their hair, is the least someone can do.

but you and I know sehajdhari sikhs were from a totally different faith and had taken Guru Nanak Dev as their Guru  e.g. how hindus do unlike the current type who don't really have another faith just refuse to accept Guru ji fully

2 hours ago, 5akaalsingh said:
2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

first hukham was to keep kesh intact , a fact most fools who claim they are sikhs of Guru Nanak Dev ji  not Guru Gobind Singh ji are unaware of .

Probably, though the Gurus didn't object or discriminate against Sehajdhari Sikhs,

You mean other than calling hair-cutters dried roots? Would that count as objecting?

ਬਚਨ ਹੈ ਸ੍ਰ੍ਰ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਕਿ ਜੋ ਕੋਈ ਸਿਖ ਦਾ ਬੇਟਾ ਹੋਏੇ ਔੌਰ ਮੋਨਾ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਵੈ

Bachan hai srrrī gurū jī kā ki jō kōī sikh dā bēṭā hōē aaur mōnā hōi jāvai

This is the directive of Guru, that if the son of a Sikh shaves the head,

ਤਸਿ ਕੀ ਜੜ੍ਹ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸ ਕੀ, ਔੌਰ ਜੋ ਮੋਨਾ ਸਿਖ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਵੈ ਤਸਿ ਕੀ ਜੜ੍ਹ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹਰੀ ॥

Tasi kī jaṛhhh sa kī, aaur jō mōnā sikh hōi jāvai tasi kī jaṛhhh harī ॥

His root will dry up, and if a shaven one becomes Sikh, his root will become green.

ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ : ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਪੰ. ੧੪੯

2 hours ago, monatosingh said:

No matter what arguments you people come up, if it gets released I am definitely going to watch it.

be prepared to be disappointed at the mismatch between promise and actual delivery . no news still as to where the profits will be donated will serve people right if he just donates to RSS projects ...since he is so cosy with them all

Just now, jkvlondon said:

be prepared to be disappointed at the mismatch between promise and actual delivery . no news still as to where the profits will be donated will serve people right if he just donates to RSS projects ...since he is so cosy with them all

Why can't we just watch the movie before making assumptions? If it turns out bad then protest and it will be taken down? Why take it down now?

2 hours ago, Akal Warrior said:

I hope the edited version is just as good as the original. I watched the original before it got "banned". What a disservice to humanity. The movie is amazing. It is very inspiring ,  especially to people who don't know about Sikhism . The only people who are crying about it are the ones who haven't seen it. You're trying to nitpick every little thing, then why do you not do that at your local Gurdwara when Samparda Singhs do Katha that doesn't line up with your views? Or Nihangs? Or Taksal? Or Nanaksar? Or missionary? 

There are so many different views that people hold, but everyone thinks they are the ones who are right. From someone who has actually seen the movie, it is absolutely not anti-Sikh. It's actually the opposite. In the movie, they show people doing Aarti and other rituals of statue worship, but Guru Ji leads them out of their temples and contradicts those teachings. Isn't that anti hindu, if anything? The movie was made with utmost respect. 

We finally have something that could show the world about the teachings of love, bhagti, and service that are taught in Sikhism, but our own people are trying to stop it. People are leaving Sikhism  at an alarming rate , and finally something comes along that could inspire people  and we try to shut it down. Ridiculous! 

Totally agreed,  if one hasn't seen the movie how can they judge it before even seeing it. I mean there are already calls to behead the director by crazy hot right winger sikhs in india on facebook. Absolutely grotesque. It goes out to show how emotional indian /feeble/insecure/paranoid/hot headed communal communities are. This is same underlining fear and emotions - bigger players tap into and watch sikhs ripping each other apart or big players create situation such as violent riots to kill more sikhs in name of subduing violent protest. History is witness, most damage is done to sikhs by sikhs inadvertently/unconsciously  themselves as they say only iron can cut another iron.

Lets just say even hypothetically even if director of this movie is bjp rss influenced, ignoring or making similar right movie in future to counter this movie with another similar movie with all historical/esoteric events and messages would be only solution. Heck, its open field, none one is stopping anyone to remake Nanak Shah Fakir-real, remake or important chapter- part 2 those who are upset.

Just ignore the movie collectively if you feel so offended, it will fall into abyss. Ego thrives on resistance, controversy sells. I plan to watch torrent copy of it when it comes out as i don't want to support the director financially yet only after watching it and if i see it and deem good i will buy dvd or watch in theater.