Name of this book

I heard that 2 white people wrote a book about their experience during intense meditation (tap). The basic story that I heard about it was that these 2 people were very close friends, and were searching for the truth in this world. They decided that whatever remains at the very end of this world will must be the truth. Thus, they both decided to continuously do tap and have a race. The race was between whoever could find out the truth first before the other. One of them found what lasted eternally and described his experience. There was the singing of kirtan (From what I remember from how these people described the singing, I figured it may be kirtan) , and  all of the males there all had beards and long hair. However, I explicitly remember hearing that the person who had this experience  wrote that he was not allowed entry to this place, but I forget the reasons given to him as to why.

Firstly, I am sorry for the terrible description of the book. This happened 2 years ago, where I heard about this so some details are forgotten and may be inaccurate. I write about this now since because I remembered it after reading the "Life transformation Books" post. I wanted to know, does anyone know the name of this book, or any information regarding it.

Also, what do you think about the authenticity, if you do know or have read it. 

I think these people got a glimpse of Sachkhand, maybe as a result of their tap and karams.