gelatin in medicines

Guest Singh

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Because as jkv penji says, they only can offer what they have in front of them. They don’t offer vegan friendly alternatives unless requested. Or it maybe the cost. 

if the OPs meds are a loose powder inside the caps he could open the cap and just take the powder with a water chaser , I mean the capsule is just to make swallowing easier , that's what older Amritdhari  Singhs/Singhnian used to do when there wasn't an alternative . Besides don't get too worried about the outer , I mean Bhai Ghanaiya ji gave Singhs water from a bauka (animal skin) I'm sure no one said no I will not take it , it is something  health preserving

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Besides don't get too worried about the outer , I mean Bhai Ghanaiya ji gave Singhs water from a bauka (animal skin) I'm sure no one said no I will not take it , it is something  health preserving

yes but that would have been a neutral animal such as goat.

Also if someone really is following veggie rehit then surely they cannot support goatskin tabla?

3 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

Also if someone really is following veggie rehit then surely they cannot support goatskin tabla?

it is hardly like they lick their hands ...hehe
it was mainly to stop overthinking it i.e. dry powder touching a dry cap is hardly exchanging material ...

Guest London jwaan
21 hours ago, Guest Dr nijjer said:

DO NOT take the gelatin. Their are alternatives. If you tell us the medicine then we can advise you. It is better to take ayurvedic/natural medicines instead of allopathic ones which only provide temporary symptom management with a whole host of side effects. It is better to cure it rather than go to these glorified drug reps (aka 'doctors') that put profits before patients. Western medicine is just a big racket of the pharmaceutical companies that prey on people's suffering to extort as much money as possible by creating and prolonging the disease state. If you want something effective ditch all of this and go back to ancient systems of medicine that have been blackwashed to protect the interests and monopoly of the pharmaceutical corporations. 

This is really irresponsible advice. Are you really suggesting that people not go to doctors and refuse medicine? That is really ignorant.

Even if you buy into the traditional remedies, you must be a total c*ck if you cannot see that life expectancy had been increased with western medicine.

Also, whats your traditional way of dealing with bacterial infection? Or measles for example?

Until you have had medical training, please disappear.

Sangat, please ignore this irresponsible "advice", continue taking your medicines and go and see a doctor if unwell.

Jkv, please provide a karela for Dr nijjer to stick up his /her  jagsaw.

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

Sangat, please ignore this irresponsible "advice", continue taking your medicines and go and see a doctor if unwell.

Yep, one shouldn’t ignore medical advise and treatment and try to treat themselves. If there are problems or side effects that can’t be tolerated from any medicine, then the patient should approach their doctor and tell them. And then they can advise or refer something else. 

9 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

This is really irresponsible advice. Are you really suggesting that people not go to doctors and refuse medicine? That is really ignorant.

Even if you buy into the traditional remedies, you must be a total c*ck if you cannot see that life expectancy had been increased with western medicine.

Also, whats your traditional way of dealing with bacterial infection? Or measles for example?

Until you have had medical training, please disappear.

Jkv, please provide a karela for Dr nijjer to stick up his /her  jagsaw.

Thanks 

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands killed by iatrogenic illness would beg to differ , also it is amazing that the country which uses 75% of all medicines produced has the highest infant mortality in the developed world . Don't generalise and don't drag me into your nonsense.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-health-care-spending/

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528098789/u-s-has-the-worst-rate-of-maternal-deaths-in-the-developed-world

https://chriskresser.com/medical-care-is-the-3rd-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-us/

https://hub.jhu.edu/2016/05/03/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death/

• 3 years later...
On 3/9/2018 at 10:31 AM, ipledgeblue said:

in this day of vegan alternatives, why don't GPS and pharmacists offer up vegan friendly alternatives?

On 3/9/2018 at 2:43 PM, ipledgeblue said:

I have been told ( by a pharmacist) that capsules are usually cheaper to make than tablets. It might be because the gelatin is waste product from meat production etc - they try not to 'waste' such things. So the drugs companies can buy it cheap and produce the medicines cheaper. 

This website usually lists all the ingredients in a medicine

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc#gref