Why do people doubt jhatka and Sukha when there are vast amounts of evidence stating Sikhs practiced both?

Nihang96k

Everyone knows that nihangs in both budha and tarna dal practice jhatka and drink shaheedi degh, but people always say “oh that’s going against rehat” and “that’s a “kurheit”. 

Mate go and look at all the evidence out there that says that we ate meat. The English have been successful in messing up the Panth. They changed our dastaars, made most of the Panth think that dasam and sarbloh Granth is not authentic, changed our nishaan sahibs and made us into some Brahmin religion. 

Looking at the Sikhs today, it really does look like we are a sect of Hinduism with our vaishnu practices. 

Go and read your history and see for yourself, stop making sikhi into some Hindu sect!

go onto http://www.jhatkamaryada.com/ and see for yourself the amount of evidence from souces ranging from Panth Prakash to the British themselves! 

1 hour ago, Nihang96k said:

Everyone knows that nihangs in both budha and tarna dal practice jhatka and drink shaheedi degh, but people always say “oh that’s going against rehat” and “that’s a “kurheit”. 

Mate go and look at all the evidence out there that says that we ate meat. The English have been successful in messing up the Panth. They changed our dastaars, made most of the Panth think that dasam and sarbloh Granth is not authentic, changed our nishaan sahibs and made us into some Brahmin religion. 

Looking at the Sikhs today, it really does look like we are a sect of Hinduism with our vaishnu practices. 

Go and read your history and see for yourself, stop making sikhi into some Hindu sect!

go onto http://www.jhatkamaryada.com/ and see for yourself the amount of evidence from souces ranging from Panth Prakash to the British themselves! 

same people who say that are usually happy to chow down on halal meat cooked in some restaurant washed down with beers and spirits galore . Why do Singhs even pay any notice to such hypocrites?

Those who choose not to indulge have the right to choose but not to say the rehit didn't exist because there's plenty of evidence to prove Singhs of old did it . hunting jungle soor /boars is highly dangerous and a real test of reflexes and strength  it doesn't surprise me that was a regular target. Point to take is when such hunts happened nothing was wasted , it was not done for pleasure but training/need.

10 hours ago, Nihang96k said:

unfortunately colonial jathebandis, colonial and post-colonial babas and deras (and sad to say, even sikhsangat.com moderators, just look at the 3rd topic in the Agree to not Disagree section) have been propagating these anti-rehit vaishnu practises. And on the other hand, Singh Sabha and SGPC mainstream are also responsible for not preserving jhatka and shikaar maryada.

As we become more aware of rehit and Guru Gobind Singh's bani the more likely we are able to practise this rehit. It is such a shame that sikhs choose to follow cult personalities before following hukams of Guru ji. How can people turn their backs on Gurus and rehit like this yet show amrit dhari roop? 

ਰਹਿਤ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਮੁਝ ਕਉ

ਸਿਖ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਨਾਹਿ

1 hour ago, Nihang96k said:

don't just blame gorey , our own granths state that hindus practices were brought in by new singhs  like vaishnu disgust for flesh. I don't eat because I don't need to , but if I did to be sure chatka would be my choice , my actions taken upon myself not this cowardly shifting of karams supposedly to others ...

4 hours ago, Nihang96k said:

The whole Meat vs Veg argument vs Shaheedi Degh equalling a better warrior is becoming a favourite amongst the youth.  

The question is for what purpose does anyone promote Meat and Sukha.  Is it for building stronger bodies or is it for courage in the face of war or is it a combination of both.  Does Sukha bring courage in a coward, does Jatka Meat build a stronger body frame and mind for someone who is trying to bulk up and do the two combined create the ultimate warrior.  On the other hand does a veg diet build a weaker body and mind and does a narcotic free state of mind limit ones inner courage or spirituality.

All this arguing is futile when you look at the bigger picture.  When you break Meat and Veg down all you have is macronutrients (Protein, Carbohydrates, Fat).  In the end nothing is Meat and nothing is Vegetable all you have is argument that goes round and round in circles.  

What benefit will the Panth have with the promotion of Meat and Sukha and where do you draw the line when you start to break down the chemical compound of Sukha.  Will other mind altering Chemical Drugs be permissible for use in combat and meditation.

What benefit will the use of these have on an individuals own personal Kamai?  Will the Meat and Sukh make you a better warrior or will it consume your own soul with Homai, Lobh and Hankaar.

6 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

What benefit will the Panth have with the promotion of Meat and Sukha and where do you draw the line when you start to break down the chemical compound of Sukha.  Will other mind altering Chemical Drugs be permissible for use in combat and meditation.

What benefit will the use of these have on an individuals own personal Kamai?  Will the Meat and Sukh make you a better warrior or will it consume your own soul with Homai, Lobh and Hankaar.

Please do not reduce maryada of jhatka and shikaar to just being about Meat.  Read rehit and dasam bani before making such statements!

11 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Please do not reduce maryada of jhatka and shikaar to just being about Meat.  Read rehit and dasam bani before making such statements!

Bro, I’m doing the exact opposite to reducing Jatka and Shikaar marayada to just eating meat.  I know this was practiced and is still practised amongst the Nihungs.  I also see, understand and respect the reasoning behind it.  What I also see is that this  Puratan practice and Marayada has been pushed to the confines of Shaunis and Nihung Dereh.  The benefits of these practices are not surfacing in the actions of Nihungs as they are no longer willing to engage in combat or willing to step out of their zones to challenge tyranny in the real world.  Neither are the Nihung Singhs I have seen in the diaspora who advocate Puratan practices such as Jatka and Sukha doing anything for the safekeeping of people around them.  

Being a Nihung is about practising a way of life and being ready to engage oppression at all times and not just about keeping alive old traditions or practicing these traditions just  on a weekend and then switching off during the work week going back to a being a shirt and tie.  

I’m not refuting any of the Puratan Marayada or what is written in Dassam Bani, all I am saying is that it is disservice to Puratan Nihung Singhs to do all this and then to not engage in the real world.  

3 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

instead of nihangs and wanabe nihangs always hyping about meat and pang, how many of them actually train like the real nihangs of the past? I dont mean swinging a sotee around either. How many of these 'nihangs' have done anything on a street level i.e suleh groomers, or done anything in punjab when mass beadbi has taken place? this aint a cuss, but it seems these type of 'nihangs' wana talk the talk or should i say eat the meat, but do what there supposed to e.g. be the pehredhaars of the panth

I don't even think the nihang wannabes practise jhatka and shikaar, I think I only see a few that actually do shikaar.

But what about the wannabes who want to dress in bana but follow their jathebandi practises? Are they not worse than the so-called wannabe nihangs? 

• The topic was locked