Jus Reign's stupid anti-Sikhi rants

So about a month ago, Jus Reign tweeted a couple of tweets, some of then he has deleted since, due to their controversial nature:

"insane how many on the daily tell me i cant do certain things cuz my turban

how bout i rock a turban & also do whatever the <banned word filter activated> i want?" --JusReign, 12:15 PM January 7

"nanak: Organized religion is v bad and is trash

sikhs today: lets take what you said and turn it into a religion"

He then tweeted about how Sikhs should "live and let live"

Like many famous Canadian Punjabi people (like Humble the Poet) he thinks that Sikhi shouldn't have been a religion and that Guru Nanak 's teachings are not consistent with the beliefs of Sikhs today.

5 minutes ago, 5akaalsingh said:

So about a month ago, Jus Reign tweeted a couple of tweets, some of then he has deleted since, due to their controversial nature:

how bout i rock a turban & also do whatever the <banned word filter activated> i want?" --JusReign, 12:15 PM January 7

He then tweeted about how Sikhs should "live and let live"

Like many famous Canadian Punjabi people (like Humble the Poet) he thinks that Sikhi shouldn't have been a religion and that Guru Nanak 's teachings are not consistent with the beliefs of Sikhs today.

Filming with scantily clad women, indirectly disrespecting SGGS Ji, awful sense of humour..he is about as relevant as the letter k in knife.

1 hour ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Thanks for highlighting this.

It's so sad to hear that this is what he thinks. Up to now he has been seen as someone who parodies humorous aspects of Punjabi/Sikh society. His takedown of greedy Gurdwara pardhans was funny and appropriate, I thought.

I have criticized people on this board who refer to non-Amritdharis as "Punjabis" and not as Sikhs.

I continue to maintain that that are loads of people who have love for our Gurus in their hearts and respect for Guru's rehit and maryada, even though they might not personally follow it. But it seems Jus Reign is not one of them.

The turban is a marker of social dignity. It's supposed to mean that you do dignified things.

ਮਃ ੫ ॥

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਦੁਨੀ ਵਜਾਈ ਵਜਦੀ ਤੂੰ ਭੀ ਵਜਹਿ ਨਾਲਿ ॥

Fareed, the world dances as it dances, and you dance with it as well.

ਸੋਈ ਜੀਉ ਨ ਵਜਦਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਅਲਹੁ ਕਰਦਾ ਸਾਰ ॥੧੧੦॥

That soul alone does not dance with it, who is under the care of the Lord God. ||110||

p1383

He doesn't even have the respect to say Guru Nanak when talking about Guru Nanak Dev ji? Just "nanak", not even capitalized?

What a loser.

Oh, by the way, Guru Nanak Dev ji did create an organized religion, during their own lifetime. Sikhs did not "turn it into a religion", <banned word filter activated> (aimed at Jus Reign).

Does he know that Guru Sahib created Kartarpur Sahib and instituted the basic maryada followed today by Sikhs (Asa di Vaar, Japji, kirtan, etc.)?

For example, Bhai Gurdas ji writes in // 1, Pauri 38, about the maryada at Kartarpur:

ਸੋਦਰ ਆਰਤੀ ਗਾਵੀਐ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਜਾਪ ਉਚਾਰਾ॥

Sodhar Arathee Gaveeai Anmrith Vaelae Jap Ouchara||

Sodar and Arati were sung and in the ambrosial hours Japu was recited.

Hmm, that sounds "organized" to me.

I would like to ask Jus Reign if he's ever been to or watched on TV an "organized" sporting event, a music concert, opera, play? It's OK for all this stuff to be "organized", just not religion?

Like many famous Canadian Punjabi people (like Humble the Poet) he thinks that Sikhi shouldn't have been a religion and that Guru Nanak 's teachings are not consistent with the beliefs of Sikhs today

There's something that happens when somebody starts thinking too much of themselves: they start to think too little of the Guru.

I hope he can get back to funny man, not a criticizer of Guru Nanak ji and his panth.

1 minute ago, monatosingh said:

Wasn't some people angry over his Indian Weddings video?

I don't know why but some people said something about Guru Sahib being portrayed in something, not sure.

yeah it was babbu acting as a amritdhari uncle said "p3nch0d" , reacting to jus reign as another uncle who had criticized the barat.

He edited it later to babbu shouting "akaaal"

49 minutes ago, 5akaalsingh said:

yeah it was babbu acting as a amritdhari uncle said "p3nch0d" , reacting to jus reign as another uncle who had criticized the barat.

He edited it later to babbu shouting "akaaal"

I see.

Jus Reign is technically correct in his argument that Sikhi isn’t a religion, however I don’t think he thought about this on a deeper level, and just made a hippy edgy statement that so happens to be true once examined on a deeper level. 

Guru Nanak Dev Ji never intended to start a “religion”. Sikhi isn’t a “religion” it’s the Sach Dharam. This modern day “Sikhism” most people follow is an Abrahamic knockoff created by the Singh Sabah era with the help of the British, which takes away Sikhi’s universalist Dharmic framework, and replaces it with this abomination calles Sikhism. 

Jus Reigns statement also comes from a place of duality. For any educated Sikh, it’s obvious that Guru Nanak never “left” us, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji is just the same as Guru Nanak, who is just the same as Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The Guru is the Bani, the Bani is the Guru, and within it all the Amrit is contained. 

As for his comment about rocking the Turban and doing whatever HE wants, from a Sikh point of view his completely wrong. The entire point of being a Sikh is to recognize your own defincies and realize you cannot achieve anything by yourself, this is why you dedicate yourself to an enlightener (Guru) and follow his teachings. Bani time and time again tells us to destroy this false sense of self (ego) and recognize the One. Sikhi isn’t about following yourself, it’s about following the One Guru. 

When a Sikh, especially a “Singh” (Man who has received Khand Di Phaul) as Jus Reign claims to be, wears a Dastaar (Turban) then they are representing the Khalsa and the Gurus Saroop. Of course there are things you cannot do, like smoking, drinking (He drinks), or other immoralities because reflects back on the Khalsa. When you go out and do something retarded it reflects bad on that real Singh who keeps the 5K’s, who gets up at Amritvela, who follows Rehat, etc. The fact is that in the modern day, especially for someone who uses the Khalsa title of “Singh”, wearing the Dastaar is not a joke. It’s either you follow the Rehat and maintain proper conduct in the world, or take off the Dastaar, and remove Singh from your name (which you didn’t earn in the first place).