Gurudwara committee

Guest Gurdwara staff

Guest Gurdwara staff

Vaheguru. I am currently the owner of a gurdwara and I am hiring completely new staff. I'm not going to name the gurdwara I am at. What tests shall I conduct to ensure they are true, hardcore rehitvaan sikhs? I want people who are always doing naam jap, amritdhari and have all banis kanth so they will be japping naam in darbar sahib , Langar hall etc. I want to make sure the staff are fit for the gurukar so can anyone help me with the recruitment process?

thank You.

14 hours ago, Guest Gurdwara staff said:

Vaheguru. I am currently the owner of a gurdwara and I am hiring completely new staff.

How can you be the owner of the Gurdwara? Nobody’s owns the Gurdwara, and Sangat should have a say in how things are done. Is there a committee there? Something doesn’t sound right about this post. 

Guest Gurdwara staff
13 hours ago, simran345 said:

How can you be the owner of the Gurdwara? Nobody’s owns the Gurdwara, and Sangat should have a say in how things are done. Is there a committee there? Something doesn’t sound right about this post. 

I own the land and built a gurdwara on it. The sangat choosing is the reason why the previous committee were all sacked. The sangat buy into the lies of the committee and then they don't do anything. They were just manmaati people so I sacked them all and now I need new staff.

11 hours ago, Guest Gurdwara staff said:

I own the land and built a gurdwara on it. The sangat choosing is the reason why the previous committee were all sacked. The sangat buy into the lies of the committee and then they don't do anything. They were just manmaati people so I sacked them all and now I need new staff.

Sorry I don’t know how to help. It’s the first time I’ve heard of something like this. Sorry ji. 

hardcore rehitee Singhs might not have time to run a static gurdwara building,  and the gurdwara travels with them quite literally with Adi guru Granth Sahib saroop. They would be out on horseback and hunting and practising daily shastar. You will also see them wear blue bana all the time and wear shastar.

If you want hardcore, then you need to make sure they are practising shastar abiyaas as part of their daily bhagti/nitnem, and not just doing paat. Hardcore will also do paat of Guru Gobind Singh's banis and do sampooran Chaupai, sampooran Rehraas, probably read Chandi Di Vaar for morning nitnem and parkash Dasam Granth and possible Sarbloh Granth.

How hardcore do you want to go?

Really for a static gurdwara you want sewadaars that are more paat, sewa and simran orientated - hardcore rehitee will not be able to look after gurdwara 24 hours. I would say have less hardcore Singhs on full time sewa, and have the more hardcore Singhs as part time sewa and have the hardcore Singhs do the parchar that gets the youth into the correct mentality required for a Singh, with the warrior bhagti as well.

And here is a benti from me.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get raag keertanees as well, that is a hardcore maryada that is needed in the gurdwaras, and this maryada is going on since dhan dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji. You will have to pay extra, or you will have get the sewadaars trained. You will also have to get the instruments. IF we reduce the harmonium, and increase raag sangeet, more sangat will come and want to come, and bani will increase going into our hearts and minds. Please limit the harmoinium keertan to a minimum, and sangat donatons must feed into raag sangeet, its very IMPORTANT!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Bhaji,

Ask them to recite Japji Sahib. This is minimum.

Ask them to recite Jaap Sahib, Amrit Sawaya, Benti Chaupai, and Anand Sahib.

This will give you a good indication as to their avastha.

Tell them that as part of their appointment they will also be expected to clean sangat shoes and toilet duties.

This will give indication of nimarta.

Bhaji I would refrain from calling it "My Gurdwara", it may be just a figure of speech but we need to have nimarta ourselves also. Even when something is yours always say it is not yours , it is Guru gifted, it is blessed by Guru Ji.   

Gurdwara is Gurus.  

14 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

IF we reduce the harmonium, and increase raag sangeet, more sangat will come and want to come, and bani will increase going into our heats and mins. Please limit the harmoinium keertan to a minimum, and sangat donatons must feed into raag sangeet, its very IMPORTANT!

I agree with you that we need to use puratan instruments in keertan (the ones that Guru Sahib themselves used). The harmonium is a <banned word filter activated> child of Europe, it's not a Gurmat instrument.

But please don't say raag sangeet is something different from harmonium. That's a bit misleading. You could use a puratan instrument to play a filmy tune. You can also use a harmonium to do raag kirtan. It doesn't sound as great as with a dilruba, but still.