So Jagmeet gets married ....

jkvlondon

16 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

may need to go in , hold up

don't agree with putting shastar on feet :

I take it as his wife has no beard & is not wearing a 5 ft dumalla this wedding is null & void......

I think everyone on this site knows my stance when it comes to women & khande di Pahul & gender roles etc 

Fans of women in bana with beards should go to Mata Sahib DEVA gurdwara in Hazur sahib & look at puratan pics of Mata Ji & look at these

624FE317-52B1-43DF-82F5-96BE342289D2.jpeg

91E42647-F55A-4F88-93A3-3183523F4DD3.jpeg

EF7A3DA6-14D2-4A83-929F-8CB8176456FC.png

07A1C8DD-9C12-4375-BAFC-BAF555DB2167.jpeg

My intention is not to defend this jagmeet guy.... I don’t care who or what he does etc..... but the stupidity around women & amrit etc needs to be addressed

10 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

All the people who are complaining about him marrying a non-amritdhari really need to go do something else with their time 

Letting the youth know NOT to follow in jagmeet foot steps for choice of a marriage partner is time well spent.  After all it is the teaching of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji.

9 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

As someone who is Amritdhari, let me tell you that simply being "Amritdhari" doesn't make you a better Sikh. Look at all these SGPC politicians who have "Amritdhari" wives who lower the standard for Amrit. Its OK if someone isnt Amritdhari, its not the end of the world. We as Sikhs need to stop attacking one of our few Sikh politicians for something so stupid.  

Honestly. give Jagmeet Singh a brake. he got banned from India. hes being constantly attacked by others, and the last thing he needs right now is to be attacked by his own community. 

Jagmeet Singh lowered the status by marrying a non amritdhari girl.  

Its not about someone being amritdhari.  It is about an amritdhari marrying a non amritdhari girl and its about jagmeet Singh.  Well most likely not Singh anymore as he literally made his bed and became a patit.

Following the teaching of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji of amritdhari marrying an amritdhari is not stupid at all.  Its a mark of obedience to the Guru.  

Who is attacking him.  Stop getting all emotional.  Find a chair, sit down and take some deep breaths.  Maybe even take a chill pill and understand the crux of the discussion here.

9 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

"MHH BUT SHES NOT AMRTDHAREEEEEEE"

You people are ruing the Sikh community. Seriously, shut up, and run for politics yourself, lets see how many votes you get. 

You really need some help.  What were you saying about amritdhari lower the standard of amritdharis. 

9 hours ago, BhForce said:

And yet, it happens all the time, including very likely in your own family and mine.

I realize in this case both the bride and groom are from Canada, but maybe they wanted their relatives in India to be able to attend (as you know getting a Canadian visitor visa is difficult for Indian residents).

im place the paragraph below so you may understand what point was being made:

I remember when jagmeet Singh was cycling to work and people were praising him for keeping things simple and not destroying the environment by driving a car.  I guess that was an act as well.  Flying out to a different country when he could have had his wedding in his province is not being simple and not good for the environment.  

Who said I went off a few pic to determine she did not take Amrit?  Making assumptions really shows how desperate you want to push your point.  

She has not covered her head in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji during her Anand karaj.  The picture speaks for itself.  If she was concerned about covering her head even not in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, then how come during the proposal she has her hair open and uncovered?  Again your desperate attempt to cover the room covered in black soot has failed.  

I very clearly say, it is not clear if they conducted the Anand karaj on the beach and Sri Akal Takht sahib should look into it.

Don't worry so much.  Pointing out jagmeet Singh mistakes will not hinder the Khalsa Panth from obtaining Khalsa Raj.  If anything, it will create strong singhs who don't fall victim to outer beauty and give up their Guru's teachings.

11 hours ago, simran345 said:

I only saw Jusreign’s nightsuit, phul wala. Oh tha ideh uthke ageya c. 

I also noticed that he fully trimmed his beard. Kinda funny, cuz he went to a Amritdhari guy's wedding innit

12 hours ago, 5akaalsingh said:

I also noticed that he fully trimmed his beard. Kinda funny, cuz he went to a Amritdhari guy's wedding innit

Kind of a tangent but there seems to be a whooole lot of varying degrees of beard trimming going on....that or taking amrit does something to the shape and length of all these beards you see on Guru ji's chela. 

From my ignorant perspective it seems like that is one of the five k's almost nobody is adhering to. 

Is there something I'm missing?

On 2/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, Mahakaal96 said:

I think everyone on this site knows my stance when it comes to women & khande di Pahul & gender roles etc 

Your perspective on feminism is commendable, and I hope you continue to speak out against a malaise which has ruined the West, and is starting to ruin us, too.

I have so far been unable to get a straight answer out of @Akalifauj as to why a chunni was not sufficient to cover her hair.

If you had limited your comments to refuting @Akalifauj's assertion that she was not properly covering her hair, you'd be golden.

I take it as his wife has no beard & is not wearing a 5 ft dumalla this wedding is null & void......

But you could not refrain from posting a vile set of comments calling Sikh women who don't commit a bajjer kurehit of removing hair bearded freaks.

Note that I am not saying this wedding was void. I have posted, as you can see, that she WAS covering her head.

If you have any females in your life (sister, wife, mother), you know that females have a bit of facial hair. However, what you said about women with beards is what one would expect a Muslim to say about Sikh women.

It was totally unwarranted, and you should apologize for it.  I am not asking you to apologize for your posts on Khanda pahul. That is merely stating your opinion. Talking about women with beards is vile mischaracterization of women in Sikh rehit.

Since you chose to go for the jugular, let me ask you if you believe that the Guru's mehils shaved their armpit hair, and if not, if you think it would be appropriate for anybody (Sikh or Muslim) to make fun of either Guru's mehils or Sikh women in general for having "hairy pits"?

Fans of women in bana with beards should go to Mata Sahib DEVA gurdwara in Hazur sahib & look at puratan pics of Mata Ji & look at these

Yes, I've been there. Question for you: Does the RCC construction air-conditioned room in which pictures are housed date from the turn of the 18th century? The air conditioners, too? Along with the pictures?

Fans of women in bana with beards

So sad that you feel the need to cut your nose to spite your face by making fun of the Guru's bana. In relation to women, what exactly is a bana? It's basically a blue kameez without a 1 ft "neckline", along with a matching salwar/pajami. If a woman's top has a huge neckline, front and back, it's called a  kameez. If not, and if it's cut a bit loose, people call it a "bana".

I'm not saying wearing a kameez is bad. All I'm wondering is where your hatred for "bana" comes from? Does it offend you if a woman isn't showing her cleavage so you can perv on her?

As far as "beards", as I stated above, you know quite well that females have a slight amount of facial hair. Not only that, but they have hair on their armpits, and also their arms, forearms, and legs. Those are normal women. A woman having a beard means you have an extreme hormonal imbalance.

Your attempt to conflate normal women who don't remove their hair (such as all the women of Sikh history) with the extremely rare woman who has a hormonal imbalance is contemptible, and is in line with conflating Sikh men (or women) who don't undergo circumcision with intersex individuals. Again, something a Muslim might say.

• The topic was locked