Becoming guru-ward

Guest Guru naam

Guest Guru naam

Waheguru Ji all. I read somewhere that to get the blessing of naam and thus nau nidh you need to take amrit. This is where you are given naam by panj pyare. Does this mean someone who japs naam and isnt amritdhari won't get full benefit compared to an amritdhari sikh? 

Also this is for me because I want be blessed with khande di pauhul soon. Why is it important to take amrit apart from breaking the cycle of mukhti and how does it seperate you from other sikhs in terms of the benefits you gain from it?

9 hours ago, Guest Guru naam said:

Waheguru Ji all. I read somewhere that to get the blessing of naam and thus nau nidh you need to take amrit. This is where you are given naam by panj pyare. Does this mean someone who japs naam and isnt amritdhari won't get full benefit compared to an amritdhari sikh? 

Also this is for me because I want be blessed with khande di pauhul soon. Why is it important to take amrit apart from breaking the cycle of mukhti and how does it seperate you from other sikhs in terms of the benefits you gain from it?

any naam simran, gurbani u do will have benefit. I have heard that if u have not taken amrit, u will get worldly benefits while amritdharis will get spiritual benefits. So watever they desire, they get.

Also imagine that without amrit u r getinng 0000. Collecting zeroes in terms of spirituality. Tgey do not have value. As soon as u take amrit, a one is added to how many ever zeroes u collected so 0000 becomes 1000. So ppl who have kamaii or worked hard with naam and shabad before taking amrit will be more blessed and benefit more while taking amrit.

Also taking amrit means u have taken on a guru. It is that gurus responsibility to make u pass the test and become enlightened. Also think of this amrit as a primer to get the real amrit inside of u to come out. Like in the olden days with hand pump nalka. You put in some water to prime the pump. Then the pump will start producibg its own water.