If only halal Maas is not allowed, then what’s wrong with eating other meat like takeaways etc

Guest Confused

Guest GuestSingh
3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What is also interesting is that as per Iain Dale's LBC show last night, about 60 percent of halal abbatoirs have serious hygiene issues. 

How many times have you heard of the health and hygiene issues from halal based muslim restaurants / take aways. 

The other elephant in the room for adoption of halal by mainstream restaurants is cost. 

I suspect that the low grade, unhygienic halal meat is cheaper and since keeping costs lower is part of most businesses. 

A muslim work colleague mentioned that some won't drain all the blood in order to add weight and sell for more.

5 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Akaal Takth says any meat that is not Halal (but I take it to the next level and say any meat that has been killed ritualistically is not allowed).

For a Sikh to eat "any" meat that happens not to be Halal is to make himself into a lobhi dog.

The Hazur Sahib Maryada says the same thing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m--t9yDUPS8 - watch the whole video)

You're using this to justify eating non-Jhatka meat? The 2 minute video you posted was a beautiful summary of Sikh Rehit by the Hazuri Babaji. It was not a long exposition, however. Are you seriously claiming that Hazuri Sikhs eat whatever meat they can find, just happening to weakly ask if it's Halal?

There is no specific "nihang" maryada, each Dal is different in their own way. Though most Nihangs support Jhatka (quick strike with Sri Sahib)

http://gb.budhadal.org/traditions/jhatka/

Most Nihungs support Jhatka? I would genuinely like to know one that does not.

The link you posted does not support your assertion. It talks about the theory behind Jhatka and how that's the Nihung way. How does that support your assertion that there is no specific Nihung maryada regarding meat?

14 minutes ago, BhForce said:

You're using this to justify eating non-Jhatka meat? The 2 minute video you posted was a beautiful summary of Sikh Rehit by the Hazuri Babaji. It was not a long exposition, however. Are you seriously claiming that Hazuri Sikhs eat whatever meat they can find, just happening to weakly ask if it's Halal?

Don't try and blow things out of proportion. See the whole video he even says something about it being an amrit sanchar.

And stop being annoying, I didn't say I support non jhatka. I was just saying that the maryada they spoke at hazur sahib doesn't mention it.

I am not a hazuri Sikh so I wouldn't know, I just posted it since its the best thing I can find.

14 minutes ago, BhForce said:

?

Most Nihungs support Jhatka? I would genuinely like to know one that does not.

The link you posted does not support your assertion. It talks about the theory behind Jhatka and how that's the Nihung way. How does that support your assertion that there is no specific Nihung maryada regarding meat?

Doing it again, I didn't say that it was meant to back me up I put it there purposefully for whoever wants to see it.

Be realistic, not every person who claims to follow Nihang maryada will follow it fully. There is always a few people who mix their maryada and changing jhatka meat around could definitely be one of them.

1 minute ago, BhForce said:

Promotion of eating meat is not allowed.

This thread is about warning Sikhs not to eat khulla maas (open meat), thereby reducing meat consumption by Sikhs.

Shouldn't we broaden the criteria to Amritdhari Sikhs. Not that I don't believe that all Sikhs should keep basic rehat but it affects Amritdharis and their rehat more.

6 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Don't try and blow things out of proportion. See the whole video he even says something about it being an amrit sanchar.

Yes, it's a 2 minute video. I viewed the whole thing. He spent about 30 seconds on bajjar kurehits, about 7.5 seconds on meat. 

Far from taking things out of proportion, I put things in the proper perspective and called the 2 minute speech a summary of Rehit. It's not an exposition. For that, you could listen to the daily katha from Hazur Sahib. 

I would be genuinely interested if anybody could post katha from Hazur Sahib encouraging eating of khulla maas (open meat).

9 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

I am not a hazuri Sikh so I wouldn't know, I just posted it since its the best thing I can find.

OK, that's fine. But if you wouldn't know, why are you trying to rebut me? Again, Hazuri Singhs are not lax in their maryada as to eat meat from every Tom, <banned word filter activated>, and Harry.

11 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Doing it again, I didn't say that it was meant to back me up I put it there purposefully for whoever wants to see it.

Well, forgive me for that, because usually people post links that support their argument. In any case, it's good that you did post the link, because it backs up the idea that Sikhs should not eat khulla maas (open meat) like the original poster thinks.

4 minutes ago, monatosingh said:
7 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Promotion of eating meat is not allowed.

This thread is about warning Sikhs not to eat khulla maas (open meat), thereby reducing meat consumption by Sikhs.

Shouldn't we broaden the criteria to Amritdhari Sikhs. Not that I don't believe that all Sikhs should keep basic rehat but it affects Amritdharis and their rehat more.

Amritdhari/non-Amritdhari, it doesn't matter. Avoiding 4 bajjer kurehits is basic rehit.

If somebody out there doesn't want to keep their hair, for whatever reason, it doesn't give them carte blanche to eat meat (or halal meat), screw girls, or use tobacco and other nashas.

10 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

A muslim work colleague mentioned that some won't drain all the blood in order to add weight and sell for more.

then that doesn't qualify as halal ... and it illustrates the lobhi bemaan they are brought up to be when dealing with others especially kufar

(their word not mine)
True life story when I was a teen I used to work for a major cash and carry wholesalers on their tills . We had a neighbouring kebab shop as a regular customer . When certain specials on it was normal for shopkeepers to do bulkbuys  so we were used to seeing that but one day this guy comes to the till with his trolley filled with case upon case of cat food , the other musley who worked there commented on the strange purchase and one asked him do you have a cat ... to which he replied no and then smirked .... So the moral of the story is don't buy doner kebab unless you see them creating the stack of meat yourself