BhForce

Are most Sikhs fake Sikhs?

13 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

Sikhs are declining in birthrates in Punjab, and will soon lose the majority to the Hindus. Most of the "Sikhs" that we do have are basically Punjabi Hindus or those who just identity as "Sikh", and dont meet the definition of a "Sikh" as per Gurbani. 

Why do you feel a need to say this, bro?

The people who don't have a 3 hour Nitnem are not "Punjabi Hindus". I don't know what circles you inhabit, but there are vast numbers of people who aren't in complete Rehit, but are not Hindus by any stretch of the imagination. They do not worship idols, they don't go to mandirs, and when they encounter difficulties or happiness in life (like the birth of a child), they go the the Gurdwara. They may not recite Sukhmani Sahib every day, but they definitely don't recite Gayatri Mantar, either.

As far as the definition of a Sikh as per Gurbani, there may only be a handful of people in the entire world that meet that definition. I.e., people who recite the Naam with every single breath:

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

Gur Sathigur Kaa Jo Sikh Akhaaeae S Bhalakae Outh Har Naam Dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru the True Guru shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਗਉੜੀ ਵਾਰ¹ (ਮਃ ੪) (੧੧) ਸ. (੪) ੨:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੩੦੫ ਪੰ. ੧੬ 
Raag Gauri Guru Ram Das

ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥

Jo Saas Giraas Dhhiaaeae Maeraa Har Har So Gurasikh Guroo Man Bhaavai ||

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ਗਉੜੀ ਵਾਰ¹ (ਮਃ ੪) (੧੧) ਸ. (੪) ੨:੫ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੩੦੫ ਪੰ. ੧੯ 
Raag Gauri Guru Ram Das

So if you missed a breath, you're not a Sikh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

So who is a brahamgiani then ?

Sukhmani Sahib ji tells us. 

• Like 2

Naamdharis must be the closest thing to those definitions.

5a8cb549afef7_sideeyes.jpg.32eb3f056292d9e46558f3a31eedac0e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

since Guru says a sikh should not present themselves without kesh and shastar, does that make most sikhs fake including many amrit dharis?

Does kirpan count as shastar (at the time)

16 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Does kirpan count as shastar (at the time)

I think kripaan only counts when it's required for law of the land or circumstances, and not really in places where you're allowed to carry more usable shastar such as guns in states or wearing shastar in India.

21 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

since Guru says a sikh should not present themselves without kesh and shastar, does that make most sikhs fake including many amrit dharis?

I believe the quote is:

ਇਹੈ ਮੋਰ ਆਗਿਆ ਸੁਨੋ ਲੈ ਪਿਆਰੇ | ਬਿਨਾ ਤੇਗ ਕੇਸੰ ਦਿਵੋ ਨ ਦਿਦਾਰੇ |
ਇਹੈ ਮੋਰ ਬੈਨਾਂ ਮੰਨੈ ਸੁ ਜੋਈ, ਤਿਸੈ ਇੱਛ ਪੂਰੀ ਸਭੇ ਜਾਨ ਜੋਇ।

So Guru ji wants us to give darshan with a teg (sword).

I don't think it would word it that a person who goes to Gurdwara without a teg is a fake Sikh, but rather that he is in transgression of an edict.

1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

I think kripaan only counts when it's required for law of the land or circumstances, and not really in places where you're allowed to carry more usable shastar such as guns in states or wearing shastar in India.

Why do you think a kirpan is not a shaster? That's like saying a kangha is not a comb.

57 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Please don't post videos without a short description of why we should care to sit through watching them. Thanks.

Edited by BhForce
Remove videos

22 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

i think amritdhari have at least 2 shastars with them at all time kirpan and kara and they deffo have keshang ....so what is your point bhrava? that it doesn't count unless it is a three foot kirpan , and they should be bristling with shastars ?

agreed one well maintained fit for purpose kirpan is minimum , but like Gurbani slowly you can build up more , first shastar to develop is the mind because the tool is nothing without a commited person behind it.