Guest Guest

1 hour ago, Guest Neeliyan faujan said:

Lol amritdharis can eat egg!! Sounds  like we are turning the  Khalsa Panth into some brahmin sh1t. 

Only khulla maas and halal is not allowed!!!!!! We are kashatri Dharam of akaal, nowadays we look like goats in lions attire.  

ok why would you want to eat the waste product of a chicken's menses?

1 hour ago, Guest Neeliyan faujan said:

Lol amritdharis can eat egg!! Sounds  like we are turning the  Khalsa Panth into some brahmin sh1t. 

Only khulla maas and halal is not allowed!!!!!! We are kashatri Dharam of akaal, nowadays we look like goats in lions attire.  

Just now, jkvlondon said:

It depends on the maryada you follow. There is no point arguing over it since there is never a justified conclusion.

Leave it be. Sikhi doesn't focus on diet.

2 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

It depends on the maryada you follow. There is no point arguing over it since there is never a justified conclusion.

Leave it be. Sikhi doesn't focus on diet.

just curious , it is good to understand what different panthic elements think , just like siblings trying to understand each other and respecting difference , I mean fishing unless spear fishing could not qualify as chatka as netted slowly suffocates so fish are out . I read about shrimp being OK but again how ?

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

You will have to ask them. I think baba Surjit Singh may have been Sarbloh Bibecki. But I know proper sarblohi Singhs' rehit will have some foods objectionable to this forum as they would use shastar to obtain such food, and I don't mean using a gandasa or farming tools! Jatha Sarbloh Bibeck is not exactly same as the proper Sarbloh bibeck who are shastardhari as well. Also they don't even eat from their wives.

It seems Sarbloh Bibek can be found in Sarbloh Granth.

This is from here http://www.babasurjeetsingh.com/tag/buddha-dal/  - but the site doesn't seem to load anymore, this is all I could get from this site in Google:

28 Sep 2014 - Jathedar Baba Surjit Singh ji was the 14th Jathedar or commander of the Buddha Dal, the central organization of the Nihang Singhs. .... In this Dal was the strictest of bibek or physical cleanliness, which meant all food must be cooked in fire wood, in sarbloh (iron utensils), all water must be from a well or ...

just found more stuff, this is from quoted books but the site I got it from has been around a long time now (and it's one of the sites still standing instead of all the sites that have gone down, such information lost that is needed so badly by panth!!!) and the website name is blocked from jatha affiliated and hinduphobic sites:

The Bibecki Akalis- The strictest of the Akalis acquired the title of Bibeki (from a Sanskrit word ‘meaning discrimination’) or ‘the conscientious’, and engrafted on their own creed all the prejudices of Hinduism. With the Vaishnavas they would not eat meat or any article of food or drink not prepared with their own hands. To such an extreme was this rule pushed that they would not taste food cooked by their wives, eat fruit brought in the market or drink water which they themselves had not drawn from the well. They considered it a sin to eat bare-headed and would pay a fine to the temple if they did so inadvertently. They did not remove the hair from any part of their persons and in lieu of the Hindu janeo wore a sword. They were very strict in wearing the 5 K’s. They added the word singh as an affix to all substantives and sometimes the other parts of speech, and they transposed all feminine nouns into the masculine gender. Thus they would say: “place the inkstand singh on the table singh,” and kanghi, a comb, became Kangha.’
‘A Glossary Of The Tribes And Castes Of The Punjab And North-West Frontier Province, In Three Volumes by H.A.Rose, 1914, Pa.155

This is about a friend of Bhai Randhir Singh:

‘Akali Ji in terms of getting food prepared was a ‘Bebecki’ (meaning eat that food only which was prepared by Khalsa Sikhs) but was not fanatical about what type of food it was. Like the ordinary Sadhs and Sants, who got into the argument about whether it is important to remain vegetarian or not, instead he considered ‘Mahaparsad’ an important facet of Sikh discipline.’
Akali Kaur Singh, by Himat Singh, Pa.31

I cut the brackets containing the translation of mahaparsad as it could end up with this thread being locked.

the main point is they ENGRAFTED ALL THE HINDU PREDJUDICES ONTO THEIR CREED, so  what was pure has been altered  it seems but wouldn't know since context it in preceding paragraph.

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

just curious , it is good to understand what different panthic elements think , just like siblings trying to understand each other and respecting difference , I mean fishing unless spear fishing could not qualify as chatka as netted slowly suffocates so fish are out . I read about shrimp being OK but again how ?

It's good and it's recommended that you learn the maryada of all jathebandian, otherwise we will throw a hissy fit when someone tells you something that you haven't learnt before.

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I mean fishing unless spear fishing could not qualify as chatka as netted slowly suffocates so fish are out . I read about shrimp being OK but again how ?

What do you mean penji? I don't quite understand you, sorry.

2 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

It's good and it's recommended that you learn the maryada of all jathebandian, otherwise we will throw a hissy fit when someone tells you something that you haven't learnt before.

What do you mean penji? I don't quite understand you, sorry.

if we say jeev have to be chatka'd to be parvaan under rehit then only result of spear fishing qualifies  as normal fishing involve six mile long nets dragging all manner of lives up and suffocating them would never be parvaan (too much bekasoor jeev dying as by-catch also)

i had read in some purataan rehit that shrimp were parvaan , but I couldn't work that out either chatka-wise or healthwise

can you cast any light

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Why do so many people eat it, what about the properties and nutrition in said product?  Remember we also eat seeds, nuts and lentils which also grow into organisms, all the nutritional values are compacted in these.

Some vegans shall argue about  why do we drink milk from cows? 

Actually why do we even donate and use non-organic Pasteurised Milk in gurdwaras? The way cows for non-organic milk are treated is horrible. And pasteurised milk is also dead milk and very bad compared to proper raw milk, and also is causing asthama/eczema/hayfever in children/people in western countries. People use their babay/jatha rehats to argue about eggs and meat but overlook the way the milk donated to langar is made.  Many subtleties are overlooked, using diabetes causing sugar instead of healthier alternatives used during puraatan times is another example. This is the lack of buddhi/intelligence that is bringing us down.

I wonder if there are so-called sarbloh bibeckis that use non-organic pasteurised milk and refined sugar, then it really does become pakhand.

1 minute ago, ipledgeblue said:

Why do so many people eat it, what about the properties and nutrition in said product?  Remember we also eat seeds, nuts and lentils which also grow into organisms, all the nutritional values are compacted in these.

second hand nutrients plus all the pollutants and diseases of the bird ... people get a lot of inflammation too after eating , and we know inflammation is bad for the body generally. I suppose if in a squeeze for choice it could be a good alternative to remaining hungry in proper context . Plus the karmic weight of propagating the inhumane industry has to be factored in too.

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

second hand nutrients plus all the pollutants and diseases of the bird ... people get a lot of inflammation too after eating , and we know inflammation is bad for the body generally. I suppose if in a squeeze for choice it could be a good alternative to remaining hungry in proper context . Plus the karmic weight of propagating the inhumane industry has to be factored in too.

just added more to my post have a read :) 

2 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

just added more to my post have a read :) 

seems we be on same wavelength , compassion has to run forwards and backwards from point of consumption else what's the point to claim bibek?  Only take what's needed and be fully thankful, sharing with others , farmed without pesticides/herbicides, organic , natural fodder, ethical humane treatment .